The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Ronen G

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 30, 2017
Sacramento, CA
I've read the book.
"I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen"
Frank Lloyd Wright

The quote of the closing chapter was painful for me to read. I read that quote more times than can be counted while learning my craft and trying to make my way at my firm.
These last couple weeks I've had to grapple with the idea that architecture isn't going to be where I make my stand.
Not if I want to have an impact on others and live my life to the fullest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
Finally read unscripted . I say finally because it took me much time, and it took me more time because meantime Ive started working on my own product ! I found ppl need, how to help them with ability to earn on it. Great book!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Not done yet but I think I'm liking this even more than your first one MJ. Either there is more content or I am a slower reader these days :)

Hope to have it done by next weekend.

JasonEP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Mar 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I started Unscripted Friday night and finished it last night. Was an amazing read with life changing advice and was written in a way that keeps you entertained and laughing the whole way through. Just as much of an overall mindset book as it is a business book.

I started going to the gym in January and have been on a general 3 day a week program. For about the past month I've been afraid to move up to 225 on my squats and have been "stalling" at 215. Same with bench press, I've been "stalling" at 125 and couldn't get 135. Really I was just being a chicken about failing in front of everyone. After finishing Unscripted last night I felt really good this morning and slapped on the 45s and threw up 3 sets of 5 on 225 squats and 3 sets of 3 at 135 on bench! It was all in my mind, following my own inner SCRIPT.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For about the past month I've been afraid to move up to 225 on my squats and have been "stalling" at 215. Same with bench press, I've been "stalling" at 125 and couldn't get 135. Really I was just being a chicken about failing in front of everyone. After finishing Unscripted last night I felt really good this morning and slapped on the 45s and threw up 3 sets of 5 on 225 squats and 3 sets of 3 at 135 on bench! It was all in my mind, following my own inner SCRIPT.

Careful, visualization helped me lift big weights, but it also put me into an orthopedic surgeon's office 3 times.

DevinMK6

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Feb 2, 2017
Oregon
*Delete multi-paragraph post*

Thank you MJ for another great book. It has really helped me this time.

BradSpencer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Nov 24, 2016
Orlando, Florida
Loved it...listened to it on my summer vacation car trip with my family...my fiance thought it was great that it was unfiltered and not overedited to make it boring. LOL I kinda chuckled and agreed :)

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
Just finished Unscripted !

Best parts (to me anyway) were the sections on believes, biases, and bullshit, the parts on problem identification, and the suggestions on what to do when waiting for an idea. I also loved how the book showcased the forum and community! I have put up a review on Kobo, and hope it gets more exposure.

May go back and read the CENTS specific parts of Millionaire Fastlane to triple check my understanding.

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Finished listening to it last night on Audible... Will need a second listen over the coming weeks to digest everything.

Liberty T. Vance

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
May 25, 2015
California
Just finished UNSCRIPTED and it ruined my vacation.

I've spent the last two weeks traveling around Vietnam and Cambodia before settling down in Thailand for the next month (I have a 6 week break from my torturous slowlane job).

I read the book while in airports, on airplanes and while relaxing in restaurants, bars, etc.

I couldn't put it down because I felt MJ was talking directly to me and expressed a lot of the thoughts I've had over the last year or so because of this forum...

My original plan was to take the 2 weeks off, relax and take the last 4 weeks to work on my plan that will get me out of the slowlane.

Well it turns out those two weeks were spent constantly talking to people about the book, trying to help people improve their business, talking to people about changing their mindset (hardest thing for me), etc.

I've sent messages to all of my friends and some ex and current students that they have to read this book...

So far I've covered half of SE Asia and China trying to spread the word (and will continue spreading the word in China when I get back)

I can't help myself...

Thanks MJ for another amazing book...

Fathazard

Patience, Speed & Gratitude
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
435%
Jul 31, 2015
Sweden
Read & loved it!

The way it expands upon the groundwork laid out in TMFL is fantastic.

I've condensed the most important sections into notes and illustrations for myself - so that I can keep refering to them when I doubt my path.

JoshA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 14, 2017
USA
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.
I've read UNSCRIPTED !

JoshA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 14, 2017
USA
Just finished UNSCRIPTED and it ruined my vacation.

I've spent the last two weeks traveling around Vietnam and Cambodia before settling down in Thailand for the next month (I have a 6 week break from my torturous slowlane job).

I read the book while in airports, on airplanes and while relaxing in restaurants, bars, etc.

I couldn't put it down because I felt MJ was talking directly to me and expressed a lot of the thoughts I've had over the last year or so because of this forum...

My original plan was to take the 2 weeks off, relax and take the last 4 weeks to work on my plan that will get me out of the slowlane.

Well it turns out those two weeks were spent constantly talking to people about the book, trying to help people improve their business, talking to people about changing their mindset (hardest thing for me), etc.

I've sent messages to all of my friends and some ex and current students that they have to read this book...

So far I've covered half of SE Asia and China trying to spread the word (and will continue spreading the word in China when I get back)

I can't help myself...

Thanks MJ for another amazing book...

Yeah, I bet most (or all) of us feel like MJ is talking directly too us at some point. I was listening to the part about hyperrealities just as I was looking at my collection of overpriced headphones trying to decide which ones I wanted to use. Get out of my head, MJ! Yeah, I'm done buying overpriced crap.

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
Just finished reading/ listening to Unscripted 10 minutes ago. That long wait for the audiobook was worth it ;)

Fantastic stuff MJ.

Loved your advice on using financial investments not to create money, but to grow it. As my business continues to grow over the next couple years, I will be revisiting that section of the book.

Being from the Chicago area, the landmark and city references you used in the beginning of your book hit hard for me. ( I almost went to NIU too LOL)

This book is a complete mind F***, and steamrolls over societal dogmas that I've assumed to be facts for most of my life. It's a total mental re-wiring necessary for anyone interested in entrepreneurship.

I unashamedly recommend this book to all my friends.

A+++++++++

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
Loved The Millionaire Fastlane .

I've ordered copies just to hand out to others, jabbered on about it to friends, and even used it to judge the compatibility of my now fiance. I've read it over 3 times in in the past 3 years. And literally finished Unscripted seconds ago...

Wow, what a journey.

Every page has at least one gold nugget, every chapter at least one hard-earned treasurable piece of wisdom that slaps you in your face - even though you're stinging from the last...

Writing is sharp, grab-you-by-the-throat, and above all, honest and truthful.

The energy - like a noob chef cooking meat for Gordon Ramsey is so F*cking raw it might be hard to digest for most. And it's probably as close as anyone can get to revealing "step-by-step" into the FastLane/morphing your mentality into that of a Fastlane entrepreneur.

This is experience and advice straight from the dragon's mouth, and the flame is scorching.

I wish there were more people like this, publishing the truth. But MJ honestly is a rare breed. You're an absolute retard to not learn from him.

I sincerely thank you for putting the truth out there MJ.

Thank you :)

I first read TMF when I was 18, I've never been the same since.

Loads of respect to you.

Some random dude on the internet

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Read it! Really good book. Thank you MJ!

First thing that was a good eye-opener was The Compound Interest Scam.
Second I see that my recent decisions may lead to the "Pay the bills" entrepreneur described in Chapter 47. I only own 10% of the business I'm involved with now. In other words I have little control.
Those were the biggest take-aways among many after this first read of the book.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I'm more than halfway thru the audible and find myself shaking my head yes and how close MJ thinks to how I think whether on his political points, financial scams, world view etc. ha ha... wonder what MJ's MBTI is:)

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just finished Unscripted . Book was full of real practical advice like Millionaire Fastlane . The truths it dropped..Jesus. Not gonna lie it was hard to swallow and put me down for 1-2 days intially until I got right back into my feet to face directly all the facts and points the book lays out. The hardest swallow was the "fake action/entrepreneur" one with the Vista Print business cards with CEO, and learning Python...Literally exactly what I did word for word.

Glad I read this book, lets me know I still have SO much to improve. Thanks MJ for the ride!

Joda

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 19, 2016
Adelaide South Australia
Read - I loved what DeMARCO has done with his second book.. the beginning worked - I had a gut wrenching feeling for a few hours; thinking of the script and the slaughter house has made me snap.. again.. just what i wanted.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks to the audible version, headphones, and workouts I finished Unscripted . BTW, I really like the audio version. The guy you hired did a great job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.