The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

NC_Carlos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jun 19, 2017
Somewhere in the Matrix
I finished reading Unscripted last night :thumbsup:. Here are the things that got imprinted into my brain:

"Action-faking is when you take solitary and/or uncommitted action that is not part of a bigger process. Instead you're acting not to imbue real change but to feel good by momentarily fooling yourself about progress. Action-faking can be many things, from trivial busywork to data research to reading books - none of which coax progress."

When I read about action-faking it STUNG! I do this all the time and is probably one of the reasons why I am stuck on the scripted path.

"Wanting to be rich but disrespecting value is like trying to solve the quadratic equation without a,b, or c."

I was totally looking at making money the wrong way. I know ask myself the question "How can I add value?".

"Act, Assess, and Adjust"

This just clicks for me and totally makes sense. I have always heard about the feedback loop or getting feedback but it never really clicked until I read those 3 words.

"Entrepreneurship is about problem-solving, creating convenience, satisfying desires, and becoming valuable."

I believe this sentence says it all!

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for writing Unscripted .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
@MJ DeMarco this book is pure gold. I'm not sure how you do it, but every sentence in the book expresses wisdom that EVERYONE needs to hear. I will be recommending and gifting this book to all my loved ones. Thanks for the inspiration and tactics that you provided and continue to provide on the forum.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines

There. A screenshot of my kindle app. 100% done.

So I just finished reading Unscripted today, what a book.

Initially, I was getting headaches because of the magnitude of the pscyhological changes that I was having. It served as a wrecking ball to all the other wealth-resisting reservations hidden in the depths of my psychology.

Then it became smoother and smoother until the end and I achieved a level of certainty that I am sure will accompany me for life.

MJ was a lot funnier this time and I found myself laughing at his brand new fastlane-nisms and mockery of the scripted psychology.

Once again, thank you MJ. I really appreciate the work you've done and I assure you that your efforts will not be in vain.

Now, I should finish editing my book and keep solving problems that are in front of me. One step at a time. Until I am continually helping others by creating more and more value.

Godspeed everyone. And Carpe diem baby!

Last edited:

ShuaiQing

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 23, 2017
Guiyang, CHINA
When I heard about MJ's new book, I instantly downloaded it to my Kindle and started reading it. I finished it yesterday (or, I should say, today at 3.26 am haha). Back to the action now.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
So, I finished UNSCRIPTED ! about 3 weeks ago and all I have to say is - holy F*ck. Talk about empowering. I even ordered a hard copy for my little brother who has been struggling with drug issues as I think it will help him.

UNSCRIPTED ! is a godsend to all of the men who feel deprived by the current "system." When people call this book a redpill, they mean it. I simply do not feel capable of attacking life from the same angle as others anymore. I know that so much more is possible now. Tangibly possible.

MJ, I think the effects of your book are going to be much larger than even you realize. Thank you so much for this gift!

Lucid Tech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 2, 2016
Read it and loved it, especially the later sections about the money system.

It seems like this should be the new standard to the age-old question “Can I afford this?” The question should be reframed as “Can my money system afford this?”

Now I really look forward to the end of the month, from about the 26th to the 5th of the next month when all of the interest/dividends/CEF payouts hit my brokerage account. Free money makes me smile.

I didn’t quite get as elaborate a setup with the boards as MJ, but I do keep an Excel sheet that’s updated each month showing daily/monthly/yearly passive income from the money system and make sure this goes up a little bit each month.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ was a lot funnier this time

Wow, I thought I was more laid back and more toned down. Nice to hear that I wasn't perceived that way.

Love your Audible list ... Alex Becker's Pillars of Wealth is a great read with a lot of Fastlanisms.

MJ, I think the effects of your book are going to be much larger than even you realize.

That'd be great as I hope so! A lot of people are unknowingly imprisoned by the system and they can't figure out why.

It's all an illusion...

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I actually finished reading it a few weeks ago. But right now my girlfriend is reading it and I enjoy how she cites things which refreshes the points that were made.

It's just so much visions and content, I have to reread it probably more than TMF . But just like the latter I kept thinking "this is as step by step it can be", there is no single other book that described so close how you find an idea, test it, work it etc. The only "downside" is that it's harder to read for people who don't have English as their mother tongue, but that's why translations are for.

I enjoyed reading it so much that I consumed it. Many ideas didn't stick, hence the future rereads.

Thanks for doing this MJ, this book is going to chance thousands, if not ten or hundred thousands, of lives.

glenwood

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 27, 2015
Downloaded the Audible version. Will be listening to it with my teenage daughter on our 2 hr daily drives. Wish I had a playbook like this many moons ago.

Thanks MJ and my Fastlane siblings for your contributions!

Vilox

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
Sep 12, 2016
Germany
Finished the book just yesterday. Nice work!

That being said, I feel like the beginning could have been shorter. I agree that people "are living in the Matrix", but dedicating multiple chapters to the issue wasn't necessary in my opinion.

Still, I really enjoyed my time with the book. The writing is mostly clear and concise. Even if you've been around for a while, MJ manages to capture what you always knew but couldn't articulate. I'd recommend it.

Connor

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 2, 2012
South Carolina
Wow, I thought I was more laid back and more toned down. Nice to hear that I wasn't perceived that way.

This one was definitely funnier- laughed on the airplane while reading a few times! Loved the part about shifting your identity from what you want to be to what you are, and then your actions will align. I've started working on that, and it's definitely helped with some of my decisions. Thanks MJ!

Rhino8541

Short Term Sacrifice For a Long Term Benefit.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 9, 2015
Washington
I finished Unscripted ! What a solid follow-on for The Millionaire Fastlane . It was fantastic finding out I wasn't the only one fed up with the script. I just wasn't able to understand exactly what it was until I read the book. Thanks MJ!

romonov099

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 24, 2015
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.
read...

ZTiago

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 28, 2016
Ok full review from the beginning. Your book is long, therefore my review is too.

The first 5 chapters provided in the preview really take you into a world, similar to @Vigilante's story about the man at the sandwich shop. The life most people live. Poignantly written and explored.

The rest of Part 2 continues the theme, similar to FASTLANE, and really explores into greater detail WHY the Sidewalk and Slowlane are so attractive. FASTLANE doesn't do this, and it's a great slap in the face for the people who still believe the crap.

The problem is not the job, the marriage, the stock market, or the home ownership: it's the sale of the package as a life plan and a definition of success... even though the fact is you trade your TIME daily for money because you're trapped. MJ exposes this, yet again, but with a real look into the hyperrealities that make up the Script.

Part 3 is the proverbial awakening. The Script sucks, you don't have to live it, and the Unscripted life is there... if you're willing to make some radical changes. Those who have made it play from a position of F*ck You. I loved how brash MJ was about this, but that's kinda what we expect from him.

Part 4 is the REAL meat and potatoes of this book. A lot of it mirrors Fastlane, but we gotta keep in mind: Fastlane was published years ago (2011 I think) and a LOT has changed since then. Reading both really gives you an advantage because you then see that, yes, things CHANGE in the marketplace. Your job as an Unscripted Fastlane entrepreneur is to take advantage of this change.

Your biases are exposed. Bullshit scams that propogate in the marketplace are exposed. The marketing crap that pervades the Internet that people get sucked into because they just WANNA BE RICH! That's exposed too. This stuff needed to be said for years, and MJ finally said it.

What MJ said about BRO marketing is going to lose him some readership, some forum members, and some fans. He plays from a position of F*ck You. He could sell millions kowtowing to the crowd. But he doesn't. If any non-members read this: listen to him. Those people are out to take your money and are not invested in your success... no matter how much they say they are.

MJ then introduces the concept of the 'productocracy', which is a welcome addition and really shows that with a great offer, you don't have to advertise forever. With a me-too offer, you will have to advertise forever and you're slave to growing CPCs and generic competition with scale economies. I loved this because it really tells people that value is #1 and doesn't promote the kind of bullshit $150k/mo revenue with a 1% margin pushing generic crap using FB ads.

The commandments are back and, best of all, they're delved into in a different way. Questions that arose from FASTLANE are answered.

FASTLANE goes into greater detail about execution (marketing, operations, financial models), so if you want a book that shows you HOW to execute, get that. This book talks about kinetic execution, which is more about identifying which actions to take.

However, what makes the F*ck You life possible are what MJ eventually explains at the end of Part 4. If you fail at these 4 steps, you will be forever stuck in a business. You will stay a slave.

Part 5 is the cherry on top. For most, it won't be actionable. That's okay. However, if you've ever been curious as to what a money system does or how it works (and, best of all, how to choose investments for your money system no matter what the economy!) read this book the way through.

---

For those who have read FASTLANE: buy this book, too.

It provides more modern examples of businesses that fit the CENTS criteria and really explains what most people who run businesses (including myself) are doing wrong.

Also, multiple forum members are given mentions. It feels great to be a part of a community that is actually changing lives (including my own).

There's an entire section at the end about what happens when you don't follow the Unscripted formula to a T. There's another section at the end that explains things that can go wrong. (The impacts of singular bad choices can outweigh years of good ones)

Some people might buy this book first. That's fine: buy FASTLANE as well.

All in all, UNSCRIPTED sells a different life plan and a different life philosophy for those who are unable to find happiness in the Script. If you find happiness in the Script, good for you. This book won't do you much good.

But, if you're still out there struggling in a job, a 'business' masquerading as a job (cough), or if you're flat F*ckin broke with nowhere to go... start here.

Thanks for the review!

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Finished UNSCRIPTED this morning. Although that is definitely not to say I am done with reading it - there are pages and pages of content worth going back and re-reading and adsorbing further. TMF was hands down my favourite book on entrepreneurship and escaping the 9-5 and UNSCRIPTED did not disappoint as the follow up. I can honestly say that after reading UNSCRIPTED I no longer feel any need to read a business mindset or strategy book for a long while. Everything needed is in the book. Back to the process. 5/5

Thanks MJ

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Bought the book as soon as I got the email informing me it was out, just completed it. Beyond amazing, the "F*ck you" literally have moved me from the "action-faking" to reality.

I like how this is a case of The Millionaire Fastlane , where you really flesh it through and through, you went to the extent of showing us how to build the Successful Skeleton (foundation) of Business, and how to apply the different aspects that make up the whole body. Beyond mind-blowing, and again, will be buying AND recommending to others, like I did with TMF .

Going back through the different models explained throughout and doing the applications.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can honestly say that after reading UNSCRIPTED I no longer feel any need to read a business mindset or strategy book for a long while.

Hooray! Mission accomplished. Every book thereafter can now be problem specific!

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Unscripted is litterally the business success play book . From start to finish . It litterally covers every fast lane area . From getting started till you end up making 7 figures a month. Even to the untalked about things like taxes , how to KEEP your money . AND examples of the places to invest your money for the all elusive "passive income" . I'd go so far as to as to say this book may be the only book anyone needs to be guided by along their whole journey. Buttttt that may just be my bias . Either way , if you can get through this whole book and not want to grab ahold of your own entreprenurial destiny then entrepreneurship may not be for you haha . Onward towards the icecream !!

scps

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 26, 2017
South East Asia
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

Just bought the kindle edition of Unscripted . Looking forward to discover more gems!

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
After reading The Millionaire Fastlane it was certain that I would read MJ's second book once it was released and be it just out of respect and gratitude.
I must say I had my doubts how much new material Unscripted would have to offer but the book was once again amazing.
Not only were there far too many perspective-chaning insights to list in one review (or get in one reading), the "known" stuff like the 5 Commandments and Sidewalk/Slowlane/Fastlane got expanded, updated and integrated into the Scripted/Unscripted world.
For me Unscripted didn't have the 180° absolutely life-altering effect of The Millionaire Fastlane , but that might just be because I read TMF before that. And I have no doubt that it would have been different had the order been reversed.

I will certainly reread the book at a later time.

Thank you MJ for taking the time out of your life to write these books for us

snam23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 11, 2016
Finished the book on my trip around California.
I feel like it wasn't intended for me though. I've always known I wanted to work myself to achieve financial independence so the first half or so where it tries to tell you why the "scripted" life sucks seemed so obvious to me. With that said, I started from the back of the book and decided to read the rest as well. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this way about jobs and such and to have picked up some tips on what to do next.

Last edited:

Fatrys

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Jul 5, 2016
Paris, France
Finished it yesterday. Re-reading it.

Of course I was afraid to find the same things as in The Millionaire Fastlane , but that was not the case at all.
What really resonated with me and helps me everyday:

- "To be someone, you can't be driven like everyone"
- "Passion flows when effort is rewarded"

I've always felt that something was wrong with the SCRIPTED life we're supposed to live, and your books are unique and truly put down roots for an UNSCRIPTED life. Prior to reading TMF in 2016, I was planning to lead the "live frugally and retire rich" life. But I created my company last week. Let's be part of the few who do!

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
Fantastic book! I have read about 100 business books over the past 3 years and Unscripted is by far the best of them all (including TMF). How is it humanly possible to squeeze so many nuggets inside a 400 page publication? More importantly, why is nobody else talking about the same topics? College business curriculums are mostly a joke, but not even highly regarded successful authors in the business world even scratch the surface of many of the key points from the book.

The first 200 pages had me cracking up several times, by the way. If all income streams magically dry up, MJ can sure as hell become a comedian. No nonsense, no BS, straight to the point, hilarious analogies. Loved it! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.