The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

XtraPoint

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 2, 2017
USA
Read the book. I have to admit, it forced me to realize my Slowlane road map is not going to take me where I really want to be. Thanks MJ!

Interesting Life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 2, 2016
New York
I've been reading it for the second time and it's just as good, if not better than the first time I read it!

I almost never reread books, but I just couldn't help myself with this one.

So powerful!

Manuel Da Silva

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 3, 2017
Republic of South Africa
Hello MJ, Where have you been all this time? Have read literally hundreds of other titles, i.e., Rich Dad poor dad entire series, Dr JC Maxwell got his entire collection, even the new ones, then i was introduced via yet another author to your book, Man-o-man, this should be issued in schools at entry level to enhance the young dreams and mind sets of our youth which after all are the future of this world. I'm the proud Grandfather of two 16month old twin boys, awaiting yet another one in late december, these little guys are going to be informed, and given the opportunity to follow their dreams. Read the book in its entirety, going through it for a second time, this time with hi-lighters and coloured pens, and note tabs. This has only but emphasised most of my experiences, although i'm not bad off (Slowlane mentality/indoctrination) I know there is much much more to be gained, and achieved.
Once again thank you for a very informative and eye-opening in your face facts about us mere mortals and our decision making capabilities. Ordered the "Unscripted ", Supplier rekons 24days to possible delivery cant wait.
Thank you for being generous with your thoughts and ideas and experiences, and allowing others to partake in your experiences, we can only learn from it.

Kathleen Zu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 3, 2017
Poland
I got the book 2 days ago - just finished it - God, I was looking for this! Then I decided to join the forum, then I decided to convince my boyfriend to read it. Tonight we are scheduled for a romantic date with numbers and ideas about the business systems and excel tabs.

PS. I laughed hard when reading your book - my dad (58yr) actually got lumbago when trying to test drive lamborgini.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I've read the book and it was absolutely phenomenal. I mean it had to be, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How do i Buy the Kindle version of the unscripted ? I finished reading the 5 Chapters. And i want to Buy the complete Book. But Kindle version. Just that amazon didn’t allow me because am from Nigeria.

Hmm, might want to try another eBook provider, maybe Kobo, Rakuten, or BookDepository.

OK I may be the *almost* perfect customer for MJ. I own his stuff 6 times!

Thank you sir, really appreciate the kick in the teeth for my feedback loop!

So I fully believe America is the greatest country in the world... Speaking as a Canadian. But it always makes me laugh when people see political views - or even "how to live" views - as "Republican" vs. "Democrat". You say "It reeks of Republican thinking" but outside of your fine nation, is there anywhere else where political views are polarized? You state that it has an "Almighty personal responsibility tone" and express surprise that "MJ himself claims he came from poverty".

Isn't that the whole point? I also came from poverty when I was a child, but I think this book is aimed at adults. If you're over 12 you have had at least some control over your life, and if you're over 18 then yes, where you are today is a result of your choices.

I have a friend born with no limbs. He is going for his drivers' license. Are there doors closed to him? Yes, absolutely. Does that mean he's not responsible for where he is today? No way. He'd be the first one to shout you down on that score. From age 6 he has been aware of his ability to choose - within a narrower scope than most of us - and has exercised that power.

So am I trying to beat you down?

No way - my point is, you may not have discovered for yourself the power you have to make a difference in your life. Complaining about exposure to other peoples' political views - especially in a country where politics is limited to two sets of compromises - is a waste of time and beneath the dignity of someone who wants to be valuable in life.

If you want only strategy and tactics, and not the philosophical points that just might be the whole point, I'd say you might have the wrong book, and might be looking for a shortcut.

Rep+, thanks for commenting so I don't have to.

G

Guest92dX

So I fully believe America is the greatest country in the world... Speaking as a Canadian. But it always makes me laugh when people see political views - or even "how to live" views - as "Republican" vs. "Democrat". You say "It reeks of Republican thinking" but outside of your fine nation, is there anywhere else where political views are polarized? You state that it has an "Almighty personal responsibility tone" and express surprise that "MJ himself claims he came from poverty".

Isn't that the whole point? I also came from poverty when I was a child, but I think this book is aimed at adults. If you're over 12 you have had at least some control over your life, and if you're over 18 then yes, where you are today is a result of your choices.

I have a friend born with no limbs. He is going for his drivers' license. Are there doors closed to him? Yes, absolutely. Does that mean he's not responsible for where he is today? No way. He'd be the first one to shout you down on that score. From age 6 he has been aware of his ability to choose - within a narrower scope than most of us - and has exercised that power.

So am I trying to beat you down?

No way - my point is, you may not have discovered for yourself the power you have to make a difference in your life. Complaining about exposure to other peoples' political views - especially in a country where politics is limited to two sets of compromises - is a waste of time and beneath the dignity of someone who wants to be valuable in life.

If you want only strategy and tactics, and not the philosophical points that just might be the whole point, I'd say you might have the wrong book, and might be looking for a shortcut.

You don't know me at all man. Yet you're making assumptions about my character like that I'm looking for a shortcut. Seriously, you even say you aren't trying to "attack" me, but you are attacking my character. Wtf? So much ego there.

There is so much fail in post and inconsistency that I'll pass on telling you reality and leave it up to your projections.

Let's see if you finish how you start though in life.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
You don't know me at all man. Yet you're making assumptions about my character like that I'm looking for a shortcut. Seriously, you even say you aren't trying to "attack" me, but you are attacking my character. Wtf? So much ego there.

There is so much fail in post and inconsistency that I'll pass on telling you reality and leave it up to your projections.

Let's see if you finish how you start though in life.

Hm, interesting. I'm not entirely clear how musing that you "might be looking for a shortcut" equates to "attacking your character", but I certainly apologize for the perception. I'm also not clear how giving you feedback on your post relates to "ego". The reason I post in here is to get feedback; the reason I want feedback is to learn and improve; the reason I want to learn and improve is because I believe (and here we go again) that only personal responsibility for one's life has any hope of being sustainable.

I said I'm not trying to beat you down; however, yes, I am attacking your views. But that's what open and healthy debate is about. "I do not agree with what you are saying, but I will defend with my life your right to say it". Voltaire, or somebody.

Speaking of feedback, I stand by mine. I mean it constructively. You may not have discovered for yourself the power you have to make a difference in your life. That is all. Furthermore, as you obviously have a very different outlook on life to me, I would welcome your feedback on other posts I have made. I'm not afraid of criticism and I welcome the opportunity to learn.

I trust I will not finish how I started in life.

eSport Fan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2017
California
Read the book and have been inspired to stop being a wantrepraneur and start a business. Thanks for writing this book it has made me see that it's possible to live a life of freedom without shelling out dough for these get rich quick systems.

maiko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Sep 26, 2017
Belgium
Hi MJ,
just finished reading TMF .
Thx a lot for writing this inspirational masterpiece of hardcore entrepeneurship!
Greetings,
Michael

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia
Good morning from rural Australia,

I've just finished 'The Millionaire Fastlane '. What an eye opener. Who knew that the lows we experience are part of the process that takes us from being ordinary. To extraordinary. It's reassuring to know that when we are mired in the depths of despair, the process of working our way out is just what we need to travel the road to wealth. There truly are no overnight success stories. Thank you, MJ DeMarco, for clarifying the process. ~Carol❤

RomanK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 5, 2017
Toronto
Absolutely RomanK.

What did you like best about the book? How has it changed you? ~Carol❤
Opened my perception about the multitude of opportunities that exist out there and ways to find them. A very good point that stuck is that you don't necessarily need to be the only and the first but can take existing products or services and improve them in different ways to differentiate yourself.

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia
Opened my perception about the multitude of opportunities that exist out there and ways to find them. A very good point that stuck is that you don't necessarily need to be the only and the first but can take existing products or services and improve them in different ways to differentiate yourself.

Very perceptive, RomanK. And spot on! It's definitely the road to take. ~Carol❤

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia

sam502w

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 2, 2017
Iowa
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
I have read the book.

ThreeOnOneOff

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 6, 2017
SF Bay Area, CA
I read the book when it first came out; read it and took no action. I'm fighting to destroy my Wantrepreneur self. I've picked up "Unscripted " and have made a commitment that I will stop purchasing business books or any more courses until I launch my first business. I'm just tired of being a wanna be.

AlexH

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 6, 2017
Germany
Hi! Read the book two times, it changed my mind! Started a business and became a producer after the second read. Thanks MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.