The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
I read this a few years ago and it was inspiring, but also full of great advice with the power to change lives. I'm reading Unscripted at the moment which is equally good and reminded me to go back and re-read Fastlane again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chris77

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 1, 2017
Germany
Read the Book. An eye open book. Changed my view about life and creating value. The book contains real life content and sometimes hard content without all the guru nonsense about success etc. Think outside the box!

LukeJohnson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 28, 2017
London
I read the book probably 1-2 years ago. MJ's no BS straight talking got me hooked and since then I have intentionally adapted my business and made choices to become a producer and not a consumer.

Thank you for producing the book MJ.

OmarLopez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 9, 2017
México
Will never forget the CENTS description and the 3 roads that all people live by.

Thanks for sharing your view of the world as it gave me focus on achieving greater results and break free from my own emprisonnement.

MrRau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 25, 2017
Allentown PA
Finished the Book yesterday. I was shocked at the lack of "Filler fluff"... A welcome source of eye opening concepts in a field filled with slowlane books that try and masquerading as a Fastlane book.

AnnaHofra

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dear Mr. DeMarco,

thank you from the bottom of my heart for TMF . I spent the last 3 days reading it and finished it just minutes ago. Finally, I feel that I have a good oversight of the different ways to approach life and wealth, and am very excited to reread the book asap and apply my new knowledge to creating a need filling and problem solving business.

Best,
Anna Hofra

RATurner

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 27, 2017
Tulsa, OK
OK I may be the *almost* perfect customer for MJ. I own his stuff 6 times!
Do you think I am a fan? Do ya? ;)

Probably the best no BS stuff on the planet for directing your financial business brain.

G

Guest92dX

Finished the millionaire fastlane . I enjoyed most of the book. It filled some knowledge gaps.

I don't agree with philosophy that all choices brought you to where you are. Some circumstances are out of your control. The only thing in your control is you. It reeks of Republican and Randian thinking. MJ does admit that you can be dealt a bad hand, which makes some of it more tolerable. This is really overshadowed by all the personal responsibility talk in the first half of the book though. It feels more political than business oriented at times. He even alludes to some of his political beliefs.

The problem I have with it is that the political undertones are more polarizing then necessary. The information is definitely worth listening to multiple times once you get half way into the book like at Chapter 24.

The book reads and feels like a consistent technical manual except for a few chapters that have an Almighty personal responsibility tone and "culture of poverty" mindset.

I wasn't really expecting that to be in the book either because MJ himself claims he came from poverty.

Fwiw, before I catch flak, I'd rather just not hear the political spiel.

Politics is meant to divide and it's meant to have contradictory beliefs and actions, when the reality is that Democratic and Republican politicians and the people in both parties are slowlaners and sidewalkers.

Majority In Congress Are Millionaires

The majority of Congress is at $1M or above. Most of those dudes are like 55 with $1M. According to your book, the majority of them have wealth in a wheelchair. The other half of them are even worse off, no matter what the party. While only the top 20% or less of the distribution are at or above like $5M.

I'm interested in the strategy and tactics, the technicals. That's all, not the moralizing or politics.

Overall, it's a good book, and it's worth a second listen for the second half of the book.

BLK-C6

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 20, 2008
Audiobooked Millionaire Fastlane a few months ago but didn't take action. Going to read again taking notes in the physical copy after I finished unscripted . Working on second business now. Excited to contribute! I know not a lot but more than most about blockchain tech, cryptocurrencies, VR, AI (Deep Learning) and general web dev tech. Hope to learn as well as help!

I just read the book as well... trying to figure out what to do. I’ve had a successful photography business as an aside to my day job in tech - but it’s tied to me and my time. It’s been slowly dying because of a lot of reasons one of which is being burned out on my end. Need to figure out how to decouple my time and ongoing effort to the $!

Also interested in AI and ML :)

Phineas J.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 30, 2017
South Elgin, Il
I read TMF as well as UNSCRPIPTED a few months ago. They both completely changed the path I've decided to take with my life, including helping me feel more motivated to conquer some issues I've been dealing with lately. Thank you so much MJ

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
Finished the millionaire fastlane . I enjoyed most of the book. It filled some knowledge gaps.

I don't agree with philosophy that all choices brought you to where you are. Some circumstances are out of your control. The only thing in your control is you. It reeks of Republican and Randian thinking. MJ does admit that you can be dealt a bad hand, which makes some of it more tolerable. This is really overshadowed by all the personal responsibility talk in the first half of the book though. It feels more political than business oriented at times. He even alludes to some of his political beliefs.

The problem I have with it is that the political undertones are more polarizing then necessary. The information is definitely worth listening to multiple times once you get half way into the book like at Chapter 24.

The book reads and feels like a consistent technical manual except for a few chapters that have an Almighty personal responsibility tone and "culture of poverty" mindset.

I wasn't really expecting that to be in the book either because MJ himself claims he came from poverty.

Fwiw, before I catch flak, I'd rather just not hear the political spiel.

Politics is meant to divide and it's meant to have contradictory beliefs and actions, when the reality is that Democratic and Republican politicians and the people in both parties are slowlaners and sidewalkers.

Majority In Congress Are Millionaires

The majority of Congress is at $1M or above. Most of those dudes are like 55 with $1M. According to your book, the majority of them have wealth in a wheelchair. The other half of them are even worse off, no matter what the party. While only the top 20% or less of the distribution are at or above like $5M.

I'm interested in the strategy and tactics, the technicals. That's all, not the moralizing or politics.

Overall, it's a good book, and it's worth a second listen for the second half of the book.

So I fully believe America is the greatest country in the world... Speaking as a Canadian. But it always makes me laugh when people see political views - or even "how to live" views - as "Republican" vs. "Democrat". You say "It reeks of Republican thinking" but outside of your fine nation, is there anywhere else where political views are polarized? You state that it has an "Almighty personal responsibility tone" and express surprise that "MJ himself claims he came from poverty".

Isn't that the whole point? I also came from poverty when I was a child, but I think this book is aimed at adults. If you're over 12 you have had at least some control over your life, and if you're over 18 then yes, where you are today is a result of your choices.

I have a friend born with no limbs. He is going for his drivers' license. Are there doors closed to him? Yes, absolutely. Does that mean he's not responsible for where he is today? No way. He'd be the first one to shout you down on that score. From age 6 he has been aware of his ability to choose - within a narrower scope than most of us - and has exercised that power.

So am I trying to beat you down?

No way - my point is, you may not have discovered for yourself the power you have to make a difference in your life. Complaining about exposure to other peoples' political views - especially in a country where politics is limited to two sets of compromises - is a waste of time and beneath the dignity of someone who wants to be valuable in life.

If you want only strategy and tactics, and not the philosophical points that just might be the whole point, I'd say you might have the wrong book, and might be looking for a shortcut.

JM Lunas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 2, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

This book is GOLD!! it opened my mind and has given me enough foundation to start my own business. Thanks brodie, MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.