The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's Simple But Not Easy

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
I started writing this as a reply to another thread. But decided to make a new thread since it was getting long. Thought it would benefit others better in this way...

This is about "self help" and getting over limiting beliefs, becoming a better person, and basically just creating a better life for yourself.

I started the whole "self help" thing a good 7 years ago or so. First start was in the PUA scene. Quickly realized what a bunch of weirdo's most of those guys were. I got out of the scene because all they ever worried about was getting a girl's number and getting the first date. They did these things by using tricks, pick up lines, NLP, "peacocking", etc. No one ever had an answer for "what happens after that?"

They were basically wearing masks to trick girls into liking them. But the gig was up if they ever spent more than a few dates with women. The women would see through their masks and see who they really are.

I had the brilliant thought (sarcasm) that "why don't I just become an awesome guy that women (and everyone) would want to be around and then "picking up" women would be easy?"

So that's what I worked on instead. And guess what? It worked. Getting dates with women was no longer a problem. I was able to just be myself and women started asking me out.

Where am I going with this, why did I just tell you about my past dating life?

Because after years and years of studying self help, it's actually a lot simpler than everyone makes it out to be.

Having women ask me out and getting dates were side effects. Side effects of having my s**t together. I don't believe you need to learn NLP, spend money on seminars, read a lot of books, watch a lot of videos, etc. Those things help, don't get me wrong. But it really only comes down to a few things.

Confidence - Believing that I am a good person and can add value to people's lives. Having the confidence to do things, to talk to people, to ask for things, etc. People just like other people who are confident.

Give To Give - Most people are only out for themselves. They give things to others because they want to get something from them. Give to people just because it's the right thing to do. Give to give. And don't expect anything in return. Don't do it with a hidden agenda. Don't do it with the thought of "I'll help them out because THEN they will then have to help me out." Just do it to be nice and to help others with ZERO expectation of some sort of return.

Seriously, just this alone will change your life. Don't believe me? Good, try it and see for yourself. Not too mention it's free. It doesn't cost you anything to be nice to people without expecting anything in return.

Abundance Mindset - Most people think in terms of lack. "I don't have enough money." I don't have enough time." The problem with those thoughts is they are self fulfilling. Think you don't have enough money and guess what, you won't.

Negative Thinking - Probably one of the biggest problems holding a lot of people back. Similar to the above mindset. When you think negative thoughts you attract more negativity into your life. It's self fulfilling.

Attraction - You attract more of what you put out into the universe. This may sound weird and truth be told, it kind of is weird if you think about it. But the universe works in mysterious ways. This topic fits in with the above topics I mentioned. Think you have plenty of money (and truly believe it), and the universe will make sure you have plenty of money. It works both ways though. Both the good and the bad.

Beliefs - This is most important part of all of this. Your beliefs govern your entire life. Seriously. "You are what you imagine yourself to be."

What do you imagine yourself, and your life, to be? Do you picture yourself as a successful person? Poor? Rich? Happy? Unhappy?

Your life is how you PERCEIVE it to be.

This is why you can change your life AT ANY TIME. Because you can change your perception.

Kind of too much to get into for this post, but everything that happens goes through your filter. This filter determines how you perceive things. This is why 2 people can have different viewpoints of the same story. Because they have different filters.

Read these 2 books for a more in depth look into this. These 2 books changed my life.

Dr. Robert Anything "Beyond Positive Thinking"
Dr. Maxwell Maltz - "Psycho Cybernetics"

My Point To All Of This

You can change your life at anytime. It doesn't matter what kind of background you have. It doesn't matter what your upbringing is. You can change your life. Period. And you can do it in a relatively short time frame. It doesn't take years. Some things take longer than others, yes. But you'd be surprised what can happen in just 90 days.

Remember, what you get in life are side effects of the person you are. People who are wealthy are wealthy because they have created a lot of value in the world. Guys who attract a lot of women do it because there are certain qualities they have that women like.

The key here is attraction. Attract things into your life. Don't chase them.
  • If you want money, create value. Become the type of person who attracts money.
  • If you want to date a lot of women, become a man women would be attracted to.
  • If you want an abundance mindset, don't think in terms of lack.
  • If you want something, give it away. It tells your brain you have plenty of it and helps to attract more of it.

======================================================================================

Any questions on this or if you need help with something, just ask! However, please ask good questions. Which is another thing that holds a lot of people back. They ask themselves stupid questions. Therefor they get stupid answers.

Ask better questions and you get better answers.

That's all thinking really is...asking and answering a bunch of questions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Solid post.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I started writing this as a reply to another thread. But decided to make a new thread since it was getting long. Thought it would benefit others better in this way...

This is about "self help" and getting over limiting beliefs, becoming a better person, and basically just creating a better life for yourself.

I started the whole "self help" thing a good 7 years ago or so. First start was in the PUA scene. Quickly realized what a bunch of weirdo's most of those guys were. I got out of the scene because all they ever worried about was getting a girl's number and getting the first date. They did these things by using tricks, pick up lines, NLP, "peacocking", etc. No one ever had an answer for "what happens after that?"

They were basically wearing masks to trick girls into liking them. But the gig was up if they ever spent more than a few dates with women. The women would see through their masks and see who they really are.

I had the brilliant thought (sarcasm) that "why don't I just become an awesome guy that women (and everyone) would want to be around and then "picking up" women would be easy?"

So that's what I worked on instead. And guess what? It worked. Getting dates with women was no longer a problem. I was able to just be myself and women started asking me out.

Where am I going with this, why did I just tell you about my past dating life?

Because after years and years of studying self help, it's actually a lot simpler than everyone makes it out to be.

Having women ask me out and getting dates were side effects. Side effects of having my s**t together. I don't believe you need to learn NLP, spend money on seminars, read a lot of books, watch a lot of videos, etc. Those things help, don't get me wrong. But it really only comes down to a few things.

Confidence - Believing that I am a good person and can add value to people's lives. Having the confidence to do things, to talk to people, to ask for things, etc. People just like other people who are confident.

Give To Give - Most people are only out for themselves. They give things to others because they want to get something from them. Give to people just because it's the right thing to do. Give to give. And don't expect anything in return. Don't do it with a hidden agenda. Don't do it with the thought of "I'll help them out because THEN they will then have to help me out." Just do it to be nice and to help others with ZERO expectation of some sort of return.

Seriously, just this alone will change your life. Don't believe me? Good, try it and see for yourself. Not too mention it's free. It doesn't cost you anything to be nice to people without expecting anything in return.

Abundance Mindset - Most people think in terms of lack. "I don't have enough money." I don't have enough time." The problem with those thoughts is they are self fulfilling. Think you don't have enough money and guess what, you won't.

Negative Thinking - Probably one of the biggest problems holding a lot of people back. Similar to the above mindset. When you think negative thoughts you attract more negativity into your life. It's self fulfilling.

Attraction - You attract more of what you put out into the universe. This may sound weird and truth be told, it kind of is weird if you think about it. But the universe works in mysterious ways. This topic fits in with the above topics I mentioned. Think you have plenty of money (and truly believe it), and the universe will make sure you have plenty of money. It works both ways though. Both the good and the bad.

Beliefs - This is most important part of all of this. Your beliefs govern your entire life. Seriously. "You are what you imagine yourself to be."

What do you imagine yourself, and your life, to be? Do you picture yourself as a successful person? Poor? Rich? Happy? Unhappy?

Your life is how you PERCEIVE it to be.

This is why you can change your life AT ANY TIME. Because you can change your perception.

Kind of too much to get into for this post, but everything that happens goes through your filter. This filter determines how you perceive things. This is why 2 people can have different viewpoints of the same story. Because they have different filters.

Read these 2 books for a more in depth look into this. These 2 books changed my life.

Dr. Robert Anything "Beyond Positive Thinking"
Dr. Maxwell Maltz - "Psycho Cybernetics"

My Point To All Of This

You can change your life at anytime. It doesn't matter what kind of background you have. It doesn't matter what your upbringing is. You can change your life. Period. And you can do it in a relatively short time frame. It doesn't take years. Some things take longer than others, yes. But you'd be surprised what can happen in just 90 days.

Remember, what you get in life are side effects of the person you are. People who are wealthy are wealthy because they have created a lot of value in the world. Guys who attract a lot of women do it because there are certain qualities they have that women like.

The key here is attraction. Attract things into your life. Don't chase them.
  • If you want money, create value. Become the type of person who attracts money.
  • If you want to date a lot of women, become a man women would be attracted to.
  • If you want an abundance mindset, don't think in terms of lack.
  • If you want something, give it away. It tells your brain you have plenty of it and helps to attract more of it.

======================================================================================

Any questions on this or if you need help with something, just ask! However, please ask good questions. Which is another thing that holds a lot of people back. They ask themselves stupid questions. Therefor they get stupid answers.

Ask better questions and you get better answers.

That's all thinking really is...asking and answering a bunch of questions.
VALUE!
Well done.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Not sure if you meant the universe part literally or not, but I believe this to fall under the 'beliefs' part. Act in a way you already have lots of something and you will trick your mind into believing it's true, which in turn alters your actions in a way to get more of it. Not 'putting out into the universe' means you have a scarcity mindset, thus you will behave in a skittish manner, afraid to take risks and seize opportunities that can lead to gaining wealth/women/friends/whatever it is you're after

Either way, good post

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Not 'putting out into the universe' means you have a scarcity mindset, thus you will behave in a skittish manner, afraid to take risks and seize opportunities that can lead to gaining wealth/women/friends/whatever it is you're after
I'm not sure I understand the above completely?

It sounds like you're saying what I said. Please clarify.

To [hopefully help] clarify my point about attraction, say you want love, a good way to help attract more love into your life is to be loving to others. Same with money. Giving it away tells your brain you have plenty of it, or else you wouldn't just give it away. When you believe you have plenty of something, you will in act in ways that gives you more of it.

You basically get more of what you believe to be true. With money, there is only an abundance mindset or poverty mindset. And everything is programming. Worrying about gas prices, poverty. Worrying about paying your bills, poverty.

This is law of attraction stuff but I was hoping to avoid using that term since it seems to get a bad rap thanks to The Secret. The stuff works, but not by simply thinking about it. Without action, you won't get a damn thing.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
On point, I agree with every insertion.

"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, share, REP++!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
I'm not sure I understand the above completely?

It sounds like you're saying what I said. Please clarify.

To [hopefully help] clarify my point about attraction, say you want love, a good way to help attract more love into your life is to be loving to others. Same with money. Giving it away tells your brain you have plenty of it, or else you wouldn't just give it away. When you believe you have plenty of something, you will in act in ways that gives you more of it.

You basically get more of what you believe to be true. With money, there is only an abundance mindset or poverty mindset. And everything is programming. Worrying about gas prices, poverty. Worrying about paying your bills, poverty.

This is law of attraction stuff but I was hoping to avoid using that term since it seems to get a bad rap thanks to The Secret. The stuff works, but not by simply thinking about it. Without action, you won't get a damn thing.
I have a few drinks down coming from a bbq, but what I meant was that it's not the universe who provides, but you yourself. But maybe I'm just nitpicking, anyway you already clarified it, so all good lol

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
On point, I agree with every insertion.

"Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, share, REP++!
Wow, great quote! And thanks for the rep.

I have a few drinks down coming from a bbq, but what I meant was that it's not the universe who provides, but you yourself. But maybe I'm just nitpicking, anyway you already clarified it, so all good lol
Gotcha, cheers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.