The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's just a forum

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
by the way, i am very lazy

since nobody is behind me to kick my a$$, i have to put things in place to push me

this is eben Pagan's discovery : putting conditions in place so action and results are inevitable

look here : http://www.mynotetakingnerd.com/blo...essons-from-the-eben-pagan-management-summit/

quote :

" There is a clear distinction between “doing something” and putting a “condition” in place … it’s not about doing something. It’s about what’s the structure, what’s the condition, what’s the context that I put in place that makes the outcome I want to have happen, happen automatically? "

i can't rely on thinking alone . i rely on thinking to put conditions in place that will force me to do things

I have a simpler hack... have someone rely on you, then it's not about you any more. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I have a simpler hack... have someone rely on you, then it's not about you any more. ;)

i can't really do that for the moment but it would be a good thing to join a mastermind.

some people in France or Switzerland are successful entrepreneurs and they shoot videos for guys like me on the internet

if i went where i wanted in life, i would be glad to be part of their mastermind

i won't post their link because it is french material and we are on an english speaking forum so it wouldn't help people here.

anyway, i have just changed my strategy to have a better life

thank you Andy

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Who do you want your kids to grow up to be?

Be that person.

Start NOW.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Yeah,

Firstly, I think people start off scarcity minded, hiding everything from the boogeyman and assuming everyone is someone they have to beat. In the end though you only have to "beat" a select few key competitors, and part of that process is figuring out who they are. If you blame everyone you impress no one. And even with key competitors, don't blame them, look at them objectively. Some competition is healthy, so long as it heads towards better ideas, not weaker ones.

Secondly I think people worry about "authority", worry about getting trampled underneath everything and everybody. Rather ironically the solution is to gain/develop your own sense of authority by trancending those fears. It is an uncomfortable process but you have to get away from fighting phantoms and start focusing on who you can help.

Thirdly, I think people are really struggling to put words to their thoughts, and actions to their instincts, and without formulated thought or decisive action they feel they can't contribute directly so take alternative routes that aren't always well recieved. Unfortunately to fix this requires a lot of self work and it won't be fixed overnight, so be patient with it.

Fourthly, hidden concerns about ethics. It can be easy to look around and see all the bad in your life reflected in things people do in business. A person might carelessly boast about a sale where the followup product was sloppy or something like that and it gives people flashbacks. The solution to this is to control when and where and how your concerns about this arise, because if they erupt at every little thing it can become inhibitive.

Fifthly, implementing business process is kind of boring, so people can carry over angst from that. The solution there is to be self sustaining, make sure your own process is stimulating enough outside of forums.

Lastly, I think people assume that they must submit to "business culture", but that simply isn't true. You can act in parallel with it by growing the right outlooks yourself if you really want. But at the end of the day, that requires a lot of courage to do. When we lack courage, sometimes we play victim. And victimhood leads to supplication or vehemence. You need to develop enough independence that you don't need everyone to pay attention to you, that you can keep a level head and focus on solutions that don't require being showered with praise or comments.

Address all of those things as best you can, and hopefully you can find comfort and confidence

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Forums are really interesting - you can be and act however you want, and people come to know and judge you accordingly.

Exactly the same as outside of forums now I think about it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump.

Are you being the best person you can be?

Are you being the person you want to be?

Are you being the man/woman you want your kids to grow up to be?

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Building relationships is very important. You can live on an Island but never let that happen to your business. When you get in a Financially Challenging situation you will see it very clearly. :)

The Marketing Game is a complex one.

"Tools" that spy on each other.

B.H. Forums that do nothing but talk about how to exploit and break rules yet those forums have very strict rules! They are sharing a link to your work and selling their own on that forum.

This is life. Part of the Game.

Once you go live and share your web property be prepared for your "colleagues" reverse engineering every aspect of it.

Part of the Helpful guidelines at an extremely popular Internet Marketing forum is to see what offer is popular and copy from their Sales Copy to create your own.

If I see a female avatar I immediately think Male no matter what. Sorry my real fellow entrepreneurs.

Over at Warrior Forum the original creator of that forum Allen Says created an all in one community to learn, share, buy and sell and I had my first big success there back then.

Know what his Avatar was?

The Word "Admin". No image.

Do a search right now and you will never find him, no interviews nothing and thousands of us gladly paid the "Bump" fees of his PayPal account over and over . I think there is one bald pic of him but not verified. :)

He eventually sold his baby Warrior Forum to Freelancer.com for 3.2 Million .

The owner of Plenty of Fish saw all those big dating sites with the fancy matching etc and big fees and made something totally FREE and eventually was making a mint on Adsense.

Plenty of Fish sold to Match Group for $575 million in cash.

Never saw his face until after the sale. Great story.

Do not live on an island with your business but you do not have to be plastered all over the place we just all need to tailor everything to what we are offering and find our happy medium.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Have you ever seen the site secondlife.com ? This thread made me think of it.

I guess my answer to Andy is..... it depends which personality I wake up as...... :smuggy::blush::hilarious::humph::inpain::devil::shit:

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Have you ever seen the site secondlife.com ? This thread made me think of it.

I guess my answer to Andy is..... it depends which personality I wake up as...... :smuggy::blush::hilarious::humph::inpain::devil::shit:

You reminded me I have a fav listbuilding marketer and once she sent an email with a Poop emoji and it really turned me off. Some may want to look at that but I am a very visual person and not for me. So I took the time to actually reply even tho she said she may get some unsubscribes for it in the email.

I told her she is so damn talented why go there and I added sometimes I just ask myself what would Pat Flynn do? Another cool fav marketer of mine.

She sent out another Poop emoji email soon after that. Grrrr. :)

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
She sounds like someone I would get along very well with. lol My dad used to wear plaid pants all the time (back in the 70's). He did it because his 5 brothers hated plaid pants. :rofl:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Guys... If you're bickering then how does that look to other forum members? What's the purpose of having to be right or have the last word?

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Guys... If you're bickering then how does that look to other forum members? What's the purpose of having to be right or have the last word?

Thanks for the reminder Andy. I personally am trying to not take myself too seriously lately. I realised that loads of potential for bickering suddenly evaporates. It's a nice feeling and I don't stand in my way so much anymore mentally I think.

From what I can tell so far due to my own personal experiences, it is hard to say who is right anyways. In my experience, there is no right or wrong. There are suggestions/ideas/thoughts for helping everybody at different stages. Because every situation is unique, there is not really a right or wrong.

We are all on the way guys, and this is great by itself. I am enjoying the possibility of interacting with like-minded people across the globe from wherever I am and from the device of my choice. Think back to a few years ago, things like free WiFi nearly everywhere in the first world were not so natural.

I think life is great, although we all struggle here and there. I make myself see the struggles as challenges that make me better and more ready for the destination I am headed to. This helps me personally quite a bit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.