What's new

Introducing myself to the forum

A story

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

dwalswo

JS Website Developer & UberEats Driver
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
7
Location
Texas, United States
Rep Bank
$350
User Power: 57%
Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read my introduction. My name is Drew and I'm a college undergraduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. I'm a guy and I'm 30 years old. I currently live alone in Texas, in the United States and I have some level of self-taught skills in web development due to investing 3 years of my time after college but I have never used them to make money due to confidence issues and "not having a 'good enough'" offering, no business domain knowledge, and the fact that I have never been hired nor contracted to be a software developer for someone who needs a digital product or service created for them. I currently drive for Uber as an Uber Driver and I only do food pickups and deliveries due to concerns about the safety of riders at late night hours. My sleep schedule is night time at the moment meaning I wake late in the afternoon, and sleep early in the morning currently in order to attempt to make more money due to less traffic and less heat outside. I drive to Austin, Texas on days that I am working to make more money (attempting 40hrs a week at least) from my city which is about 30 minutes North of there. My goal here is to learn from likeminded people and attempt to get something off the ground that can lift me to new heights. I haven't got a clue as to what might work - software seems hard to get sales in as I have no sales skills, and saturated and it makes me wonder if I can use my skills or if its better to just drop the idea. I haven't touched Fullstack JavaScript MERN/Next.js/PostgreSQL in like 3 years but I am messing around with Claude AI and I made some simple stuff recently although none of it is a real product yet. I have meager savings of like $500 and I'm working on saving money for UL Certified Vending Machines; something that I perceive to be a simple idea that is guaranteed to work as long as the premises foot traffic is high enough, I have no idea what to do besides dropping like $3k on domestically manufactured vending machines and figuring the rest out later - contracts and locations and the Inventory Management Software after. That's about it. Anything where I can accelerate by turning my meager savings into quick money faster than $100/day would be amazing as that's what I'm currently at after all driving expenses are considered.
Unfortunately, I'm on psych meds at the moment and I want to stop taking them - they aren't strong meds - NOT the kind that turn you into an unenthusiastic zombie of sorts, but I am semi-coerced into using them at the moment due to my living circumstances and relationship with my parents by my Mother, who is a practicing self-employed psychiatrist. It's all in the vein of helping me but I severely disagree that it's the right choice and I perceive the so-called "solutions offered" as a total waste of time, energy, and money.
I basically want to accelerate my earning potential and a $3000 vending machine delivery to a storage unit until I figure out a location sounds like one way to go but I also need savings to try and get a replacement for my beat up car, which is currently a squeaking clunker and is gonna sh*t the bed sooner or later. I have never had a line of credit and therefore no credit score, my work history is weak due to mental health and pursuit of software learning goals while unemployed. The job market and the 1000 applications but no answer pattern of software jobs has me jaded and unwilling to apply for more. I am likely to leave the state soon to live with my other family members up in Oregon, so I would prefer to not get a normal job here because I would screw over my employer in just a few months. I have no debt and just some level of skill in software and not a lot of confidence.
Basically I haven't got a clue how to be an entrepreneur or pretty much anything else besides a f*ck up. But I plan on changing that. Getting off drugs and eating better is my start.
I'd appreciate any and all advice any of you have to give me as I read, listen, and learn, and thank you for taking the time to read my text wall. LOL

- Drew
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jo Fsix,

Ximduni.

Zua tjuamf tvez exez gsun deqovem opviptowi catopitt wipvasit moli wipfoph nedjopit howip vjev zua fup’v jewi nadj tewopht sohjv pux.

Edvowi opduni epf tewoph nupiz ot xjev zua piif sohjv pux. Hiv zuas jiemvj op usfis. Qevoipdi epf upi tviq ev e voni.
 
Ximduni Fsix.

O cetodemmz xepv vu eddimisevi nz iespoph quvipvoem epf e $3000 wipfoph nedjopi fimowisz vu e tvusehi apov apvom O gohasi uav e mudevoup tuapft moli

Raitvoup: Xjz ot vjot e qmep?

Ot vjisi e piif gus wipfoph nedjopit op zuas esie? Us esi zua djetoph ommatoupt ug qettowi opduni?
 
Ov't nusi ug e juqi vjep e vsai qmep. O jewi pu mudevoupt mudlif fuxp, pu qmedinipv dupvsedv tvsadvasi mudlif fuxp, pu MMD mudlif fuxp, katv e zuavaci djeppim us 3 epf e tenqmi dupvsedv vu dmupi epf nufogz gus ati op liiqoph vji wipfoph nedjopi xjisiwis O pihuvoevi gus ov vu ci qmedif gus e tnemm tjesi ug vji qsugov (ipuahj vu qez gus ovtimg). O fup'v puvodi e fotvopdv medl ug wipfoph nedjopit jisi cav ovt quttocmi O xomm gopf tuni mudevoupt xovj e muv ug tiesdj iggusv. Vjisi esi qsucecmz civvis wipvasit vjuahj fai vu vji tiesdj voni. Mum
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom