• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Is there special kinda genes ?!

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by SM Switi, Aug 9, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. SM Switi

SM Switi Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $242
    haha you are not taking sides are you ? XP

Iammelissamoore and ChickenHawk like this.
  2. Iammelissamoore

Iammelissamoore Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,514
    Which means basically it goes either way :)

Therefore, society loves doing this thing where it enjoys pitting men against women when actually, we are meant to co-exist peacefully - yes, of course, due to individual experiences, we may have different behavioural patterns, but, it can boil down to not specifically being gender-oriented :)

3. Fpm9

Fpm9 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $72
    I think most people are scared of taking risks and of failing. The first reaction I have when I tell people about my plans to start a business is "But what if it doesn't work and you lose what you invested ?" Same thing at the bar when guys would rather sit in the corner drinking than risking being rejected by attractive women.

I haven't started anything yet, but I see the time and money I will spend as an investment. Worst case scenario, I lose time and money but I bet I'll learn a lot in the process. Some of my friends have a different mindset, their ultimate goal in life is to own their house because it is "a safe investment". I respect that choice but I'd rather try doing something big and take some calculated risks.

4. Get Right

Get Right Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $19,332
    The "gene" in question is drive. Drive can come from lots of places, usually pain.

5. SM Switi

Rep Bank:
    $242
    so who has never experienced real pain is not expected to have special drive ,can I ask you what kinda pain did you experience ?

6. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $8,256
    People often talk about genes as if they're written in stone and unchangeable from birth, but the truth is your genes are more dynamic than static. The food you eat, your mindset, the amount of physical activity you get all contribute to your genetic makeup which is constantly subject to change.

This is why our early years are so crucial in our development. Children who's parents read to them and surround them with things that facilitate learning, as opposed to parents who give them attention and just let them watch TV, develop more neuron connections in their brains, and thus grow up to be more intelligent, have more successful careers, make more money, and overall have higher satisfaction in life.

But to answer your question, I can't really tell you why your friend is the way she is. I can't tell you why I come from a family of people who love sports and being outside, my parents and sister are all extroverted and very social, yet I grew up being shy and introverted, and loving video games, computers and science.

Don't worry about your's or your friend's genes to much. The most fundamental concept I've learned from the Fastlane is that we have the ability to change ourselves and better our lives quickly if we desire.

That's actually wrong because in hunter-gather societies the roles of men and women were a lot more equal and fluid. There are many theories that men were predominately hunters and women were predominately gatherers, which would make women equally if not more valuable in providing food. But this isn't relevant in today's industrialized society, where men and women are capable of the same kinds of work.

Fpm9, SM Switi and Iammelissamoore like this.
  7. Sequential

Sequential Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $175
    I also want to add, and I am glad I preinfused the thread with the link about a 97-3 percentage gender split about divorce... because women have a huge advantage over men in 2017. If all their ventures don't work out, they can just marry into money, and pretty much divorce instantly and BOOM... rich. In some cases they get lifetime alimony as well, but in the worst case scenario they are going to get a 50% cut in Europe and 50% of whatever assets were created as a married couple in North America.

If anything this should create more inspiration to go out and create their own fastlanes, because they have that to fall back on if they don't end up in a fastlane, imagine where you would get to with a huge safety net? On top of that, feminism is creating rather silly situations forcing men out of the workplace or introducing one sided sexual harrasment laws... there should be way more women in a fastlane by 2027 than men at present. A friend of mine told me the other day (City worker, London) that HR sent a note advising men to not even apply to certain roles if there were female applicants as it could be perceived as "promoting old fashioned and out dates sexist values" if they even created competition.

FWIW I want to see women succeed and I think everyone is a human = everyone is equal = but I don't think going from male dominated industrys to female dominated industries just to satisfy an overall view of feminism is either equal nor progress.

As for gender, in some fastlanes you CANNOT succeed as a man. If you disgree I challenge you to write paranormal romance and release it as a male pen name ;)

I am glad I have no colleagues and competitionto worry about.

8. TheRegalMachine

TheRegalMachine Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $222
    Maybe have an irradiated MJ Demarco come over and bite her on the hand.
    Then she will gain the Fastlane gene and rename herself Fast-Lana $peedtress $upreme.

jasoncuellar123 likes this.
  9. E-Sharp

E-Sharp Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,086
    There are already men doing this. They use pen names.

MidwestLandlord likes this.
  10. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $37,213
    I think the male/female aspect of all this is really silly to even be discussing.

It's nonsense.
    Poppycock.
    Bullshit.

The reason is simple - because this is a business forum about entrepreneurship.

We're all here BECAUSE we don't want to fit into the normal models of behavior.

Entrepreneurship is about individualism.
    About breaking free of societal norms.
    About saying "to hell with statistics".

Statistics and norms and all that are fascinating things but they only matter in the macro sense when talking about tendencies of large groups of people. They fall apart when discussing individuals.

If anyone on this forum cared about the macro, none of us would have started businesses. The statistics around starting a business is really, really clear - you'd be a damn fool to play those odds.

But at some point we DID start a business.
    Or will be shortly.
    Because we decided NOT to be normal.

So yeah - who cares what women normally do? Or men.
    Or Indians. Or blacks.
    Or the poor. Or the middle class
    Or the physically disabled? Or those with mental illness?

Starting a business is the least likely behavior of almost every statistical grouping on this planet.
    Let's not go blaming race/sex/religion/situation for anything here.
    If it's not "this", then it would be "that" because what we do isn't normal and not for most people regardless of the profile you filter them through.

This isn't an issue with someone being female.
    It's an issue of someone acting entirely normal about something that only us abnormal minority engage in.

Sully1994, Argue, Ika and 10 others like this.
  11. Fpm9

Fpm9 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $72
    I don't have much experience in business but this applies to many areas in life. Its easier for men to bench press 250lbs than it is for women. But that shouldn't be an excuse for women who are into powerlifting to be lazy and stop training. Blaming genetics/race/sex/other people is easier than working hard.

GravyBoat likes this.
  12. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,667
    Pick the gumball machine with the most golden gumballs, and play that SOB until it gives you one!

Man @JAJT , you're on a roll lately with your comments!

13. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The Horrendous Space Kablooie Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,467

14. Imgal

Imgal Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,209
    I'm loving the debate that's going on in this post.

As a woman who comes from a non-entrepreneurial family from as far back as I can get, I would be inclined to say that the drive to succeed as an entrepreneur is neither down to genetics or gender. However, this thread has made me think about it at a much deeper level. The truth is when I think about my family, they're all very subdued and will tend to run and hide if it looks like there's half the chance they're going to be asked to stand on their own two feet and lead something (I don't mean that as harshly as it sounds!). For a long time I felt that made me a black sheep, however observing their behaviour lately I've come to realise that it's not necessarily they don't want more for themselves, it's just it's too painful for them to do it. They like their comfortable and predictable lives.

In contrast, I'm quite the opposite. I want more for myself and it is too painful for me to not take action and try things. The difference is less to do with genetics and more to do with who I've been around. From a young age I was involved in competitive track and field and that allowed me to be around people who pushed themselves beyond our normal limits. I saw there was more to life than just making do and it lit a fire in me that I've carried through other things I've done. In contrast, the majority of my family have quite solitary hobbies which means they've never really had someone to switch that on for them... hence how we're grown in very different ways.

SM Switi, sam9530130, Ika and 2 others like this.
  15. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,999
    My mom is convinced it's another scam GURU book like them millions out there, no matter how many times i told her this one is special...

Maybe she'll read it once i succeed in the fastlane?

SM Switi likes this.
  16. 458

458 Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,644
    Yes, this is not for everyone, it's the 1 percent for a reason and I'll be the first to admit I'm gifted in ways most people are not and could probably never become. That's life. I suck at a lot of other stuff too.

17. SM Switi

Rep Bank:
    $242
    this 'Maybe' implicit a very high probability , but keep in mind as you grow old your mom is growing old too

luniac likes this.
  18. Sequential

Rep Bank:
    $175
    Given you have to interact with your audience to build a following, and now people are demanding VSL's and skype sessions, how exactly does a man pretending to be a woman through a pen name, interact with their audience?

Believe me I speak from experience, I have 11 female pen names currently in my Amazon KDP arsenal, and I am a male.

19. E-Sharp

E-Sharp Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,086
    Beats me. You're the one with 11 pen names. Do you have a following already under each of those names? I would think managing a following for 11 pen names would be the bigger issue. But I'm not in the business of writing.

Also, I've never read a romance novel. My mom and sister used to read those books all the time and I never understood the appeal. We can call that a genetic abnormality, I guess ;)

So with the caveat that I know nothing of authorship or romance novels... I would imagine if you already have a following, people are drawn to your products and care less about you the author than your work. I actually think the story of how you're a male writing successful books aimed at what's traditionally a women's market could be compelling in itself as part of your marketing, if done right.

20. Sequential

Rep Bank:
    $175
    Not being funny here but if you have never read a romance novel let alone authored or marketed one, how can you be in the position to answer advice from someone who has, with statements like

"There are already men doing this. They use pen names."

"I actually think the story of how you're a male writing successful books aimed at what's traditionally a women's market could be compelling in itself"

It isn't. I got nothing but grief from both female audience and other writers. Along with feminist rants left on my books (back when you could leave reviews without even buying them (only took Amazon 4 years to fix this) such as "I feel deeply offended that a man should be able to exploit a genre designed for women" which is a highly sexist comment in itself, basically stating that it is not ok for men to like paranormal romance. Add in that a lot of the werewolf sex scenes in said genre are on the limit of rape, then look at that situation written from a man... you are just looking for trouble. My bad, I was chasing money and not giving people what they want, because paranormal romance readers DO NOT WANT men to write their books.

There are tried and tested methods for building followings such as hosting book signing events. Again, hard to host a book signing event when your pen name is called Elizabeth and you are called Jeremy.

SquatchMan likes this.
  21. E-Sharp

Rep Bank:
    $1,086
    How do I know there are people using pen names without having read their books? Really?

I'll spell it out for you: it's the same way I know there's a continent called Africa, even though I haven't ever set foot on it.

You asked me a question so I gave you an answer, and qualified it. Listen to me, don't listen to me. I don't care. Why are you asking ME why your business model isn't working for you?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 7:25 PM
  22. Sequential

Rep Bank:
    $175
    I'm not asking you, I am telling you that IT DOESN'T WORK but you keep arguing with me even though you have ZERO experience in the KDP field.

I'm done in this thread.

23. E-Sharp

Rep Bank:
    $1,086
    When you wrote: how exactly does a man pretending to be a woman through a pen name, interact with their audience? and described a marketing problem because of 11 pen names and an audience of women who think you're one of them, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and treated it as though it might be an actual question about a problem you seem to be facing. I didn't realize you were lecturing me in the form of a rhetorical question.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  24. Millenial_Kid5K1

Millenial_Kid5K1 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,837
    I think that would fall under "politics", as evidenced by the complete derail to the discussion that followed.

Personally I think it's a combination of genes and upbringing that make you more likely to question and be dissatisfied with the system and have a "Fuck This Event"(FTE). If you've never had an FTE, you just won't be able to see the point.

Sequential and SM Switi like this.