The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Marriage Part of the Script?

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I agree with what you say except that marriage IS in fact part of the script, created centuries ago by the ancient religions to control people.

And some of them, which are active today, treat women as property.

"Funny" enough those religions aren't being attacked by feminists...
Marriage today is very different than it was even a couple hundred years ago.

Many moons ago, marriage was typically just a verbal agreement of sorts between and man and a woman. No ceremony or license was needed. The church/society (depending on the era) recognized this agreement as a valid marriage. At some points in history, cohabitation was all that was needed to form a marriage.

Government involvement in marriage is a relatively recent development, and is a vital requirement of the bureaucracy. In the US, government regulation of marriage began with the Revenue Act of 1913 (go F*cking figure).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caroline888

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
May 5, 2018
UK
I would say YES.
True happiness comes from within... so why not to get madly in love and get married?!
You are the writer of your own script...
Ask yourself : What do I really want? ...and know that the truth is in the feeling.
You are the actual witness of what is showing up in your life... just neutraly observe it...
So YES love and marriage are the part of my script :)

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm getting married to an unscripted woman in just a few hours. I found someone that resonates with me and supports me in times of success and failure, both in business and in life. I support her in times of success and failure as well. I greatly look forward to improving our lives together and building upon the foundation we've already laid.

Scripted? Maybe. Am I happy and content? Yup. Will/Are our lives be unscripted ? You bet.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
With that said, I'm very curious as to how the people in the fastlane view marriage being part of the script of society?
I believe this all depends on the couple. And some prefer conventional relationships and others unconventional relationships. Talking to eons of people all the time on relationships, I can tell you that it's also about education, consciousness (How aware you are), and if you're an Entrepreneur the mindset is quite different the average person, so this might make it more difficult, since not everyone is meant to be an Entrepreneur, nor has the same values, goals, morals, and ethics. You also have to consider what kind of Entrepreneur you are. Business, Social, Spiritual, and what is your intention and motivation with business. As this takes up your focus, attention, and time. Other people have to make sacrifices and if they're not in agreement with you goals, this causes a lot of conflict and complexity.

Divorce is a huge issue for the simple reason people are not committed to long-term gains, and the bigger picture. It's self-gratification, short-term picture, and I hear people all the time say, I waited three weeks and I'm dumping them, or 6 months, a year. And this just isn't long-term relating skills. This is fast-food relating, and the outcome is always the negative.

Relationships are quite time consuming. You have to do all your inner work just like Entrepreneurship. I think most people have your thinking about relationships, because they can't find healthy partners who are long-term and in it for the extra mile, versus short-term gains, short-term fixes, and rather not waste their time.

Action Mike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Nov 9, 2016
Wow a lot of stuff in this thread. Here are a few things I think can help anyone asking this question or thinking about getting married.

Marriage can be one of the best things you will ever experience in your life, the love, the companionship, the friendship, the good times you can have with someone you are compatible with are priceless and life changing in a fantastic way and can also help with any entrepreneurial ventures if they are supportive. Personality and sexual compatibility are very important. But…

I don’t think marriage has to be officiated by the government

In any relationship it will not be all rainbows and skittle farts. You do have to work at it and there is a flow of give and take and ups and downs even with someone you are compatible with. Much like building a business can be wonderful but there are some things you may not love dealing with but you do so you can move on to the good things.

If someone finds themselves in a marriage and is miserable most of the time and they really don’t see a solution to fix the problems then there is no sense in staying in a marriage that makes you miserable.

Having a monogamous relationship with a woman is so much better than a life full of one night stands, I know, I know, men across the board are saying *No way man, I love slaying all kinds of pussy* most of those guys slay one pussy, first name Rosy last name Palm, that looks like their hand :)

Marriage is very important to raising kids in a stable environment.

In the USA the legal system is heavily screwed, I mean skewed, in the woman’s favor especially if kids are involved. Which makes the next two points extremely important and should not be ignored.

Making a long term commitment to someone especially getting officially married is one of if not the most important decision you can make in life. Don’t rush it, take your time and do your due diligence just like you would for a business venture.

Take time to study psychology as it relates relationships and marriages. Study the mental conditions of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and Narcissist Personality Disorder (NPD), also understand that most people show some traits of both disorders, you want to avoid the ones that show heavy signs of these disorders.

IMO marriage (a long term monogamous relationship) is not part of the scrip but some things related to it are, such as going in to debt for a wedding ceremony, buying a house you can’t afford, a car you can’t afford, having kids right away, getting in heavy consumer debt etc.

A wealthy person can buy a nice house and a nice car without it being considered scripted right. If they can afford it and it’s like an average Joe buying a blue tooth speaker at Wal-Mart.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Personally I don't think it matters if your legally married, living together, in monogamous or polygamy. Human nature is filled with complexity, all the same emotions, thought process, nervous system, and digging in the deepest darkest fears of the subconscious mind. While we think of getting rid of institutional marriage or man-made laws, fortunately, this doesn't change the dominance versus submission of the animal mind, or lower consciousness. While higher consciousness people may make better choices out of maturity, still as Phil Zimbardo proved when you're in the right situations, conditions, and have power over others you can get out of control. Domestic Violence will occur regardless if you change the social labels, institution of marriage, and man-made laws. In actuality, if you got rid of monogamous relationships, you may have more violence, because specific men and women would be gravitated toward more than others swinging things out of balance, and of course survival of the fittest, you would be tapping into the deepest part of the subconscious mind of humanity, causing jealousy, anger, resentment, bitterness, and rage. In an idealistic or utopian world people want to believe the feminine theory, but fortunately, I believe there would be more inequality, more social issues with children, and who will pay for all this?

We don't live in a tribal world where everyone hands you free food, free furniture, barters for food, clothing, shelter, and while I notice groups are pushing for this, woman are already killed every day, people go missing, and I get their trying to stop sadomasochism and masochism, but frankly, living in the wild wild west isn't exactly the best solution where anything goes. I'm probably ranting, because I hear people all the time believing this "Anything Goes" mentality, break all the rules, break all the barriers, and realistically, if you didn't have certain standards, rules, boundaries, men, women, and children would be killed every day because people would know they can get away with it.

Anything goes can become quite dangerous on many levels. Yet of course, we have the 100% freedom to be our own individual self, versus relating with others. The problem is we need to understand we by human nature like to control, dominate, coerce, manipulate, own, and end up suffocating others, while too much freedom says anything goes, and people don't like being responsible. This comes down the physical health, spreading of disease and sickness on the mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and financial level. History repeats itself in time. I believe they already tried many theories, concepts, and belief systems through out history, and many cultures return to monogamy, for the simple reason it tends to be less harmful in many different ways. Is there really a simple answer? There isn't. You can never get everyone on the planet on the same page all at the same time. And social groups determine what is acceptable and not acceptable, what is normal and abnormal, you can be too controlling and dominate, or you can be too lax and too much freedom, both can be harmful under the right conditions.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
I disagree with what he says, if a couple isn't intrinsically motivated to cooporate in harmony it will fail and marriage (extrinsic force to make them work together) won't fix that.

The reality is that marriage makes people lazy. Men relax because they think they'll have "guaranteed effortless sex" and women use this as an advantage to manipulate their husbands.

The intimacy disappears, the chemistry fades away and it becomes a war for dominance.

Here in Spain more and more people choose to be in a Domestic partnership - Wikipedia and there's no evidence suggesting that marriage is better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.