The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it a good idea to still be advertising/marketing during this Corona Virus outbreak?

Idea threads
D

Deleted69604

Hi All,

Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy and as productive. The situation right now is not great for majority of business owners.

I was just wondering if anyone out here in the forums are still spending money on advertising or marketing their product out in the market in this environment?

The PRO's i can think of:
- No one is advertising as much/Less competition
- Cheaper bidding
- More people are at home on social media

The CON's i can think of:
- Bad business environment in general
- People less money to shop

Let me know what you think, are you advertising on social media?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Hi All,

Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy and as productive. The situation right now is not great for majority of business owners.

I was just wondering if anyone out here in the forums are still spending money on advertising or marketing their product out in the market in this environment?

The PRO's i can think of:
- No one is advertising as much/Less competition
- Cheaper bidding
- More people are at home on social media

The CON's i can think of:
- Bad business environment in general
- People less money to shop

Let me know what you think, are you advertising on social media?

If your product adds value and is relevant to the conversation on the top of your prospect’s mind, they will buy.

Track your ROI you get from different approaches. Don’t be paralyzed in fear, just start small and test.

I plan to keep moving forward steadily. I took a few hours, reassessed and adjusted.

Now I’m steadily moving forward with the new feedback. Others are gripped in fear or overreacting. The long term is most important.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
If your product adds value and is relevant to the conversation on the top of your prospect’s mind, they will buy.

Track your ROI you get from different approaches. Don’t be paralyzed in fear, just start small and test.

I plan to keep moving forward steadily. I took a few hours, reassessed and adjusted.

Now I’m steadily moving forward with the new feedback. Others are gripped in fear or overreacting. The long term is most important.
I agree. If others are not trying to sell because of the doom and gloom that can open up more opportunities. Online sales are going well for things that have longer term value, rather than trinkets.

Just be sure you can deliver.

Walter

roguehillbilly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 3, 2017
USA
I guess it depends on if you're advertising cruise ship vacations or not. I don't think it's a bad idea to run ads if the business is quarantine-proof.

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
We are starting a new Facebook ad campaign this week (using an outside contractor that specializes in Facebook ads for B2B SaaS). I'll probably post some updates after results come in.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
are you advertising on social media?
No, I’ve never advertised on social media.

However, plenty of people are still on social media and buying after clicking on ads.

Plenty of people are still searching on Google with credit card in hand looking to give their money to someone.

Why would businesses not advertise to be found by people who want to give them money?

Sophie_Leonard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 26, 2019
UK
Coronavirus pandemic has caused the global stock markets to crash, which means as a business or a marketer, you will be affected.

But, during this economic downturn, you will find that you have less competition, which means it is easier for you to market. So yes you can definitely utilize this opportunity to market your products. As most of the people are at home and active on social media, you can utilize this opportunity to make a positive impact on your business. You can start writing new content for your blogs or website which can be reused on social media and make your presence stand out. The more people you attract now, the more power you will hold in the future. Focussing your marketing efforts to market in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak will give you an advantage towards your competitors and will enable you to continue running your business by strengthening your presence.

But also at the same time, you must not exploit the situation. For example, many supplies like masks, hand sanitizers, and other basic necessities goods are running low around the world. Many marketers are buying these goods and then reselling them for 10-50x the price on eBay or by running ads. This isn’t marketing. I highly recommend that you avoid exploiting the Coronavirus situation to make a quick buck.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
The "leader" of Pandemic has a stake in non proven cure he keeps pimping.. lets ask him about exploiting.

I think we all get to see with our own eyes who is rising to the occasion and who is taking advantage by any means they can, and who is comfortable riding the bench.

Alot of people are finding out that what started out as just their intent to help others snowballed into major profitable windfalls for their businesses.

Last edited:

hellorockythecat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 1, 2020
West covina, Ca
YES!
Hey guys,

I am pretty new here, but I have been in the digital marketing industry for over 10 years. I now own a small digital marketing agency in Las Vegas.
I have been getting a HUGE amount of inbound calls from small businesses looking to pivot their sales and business models over to an online focused model.

With the current pandemic, retail is dead and online sales are booming, advertising online and on social media should be standard operating procedure at this point.
Online advertising is generating some of the highest numbers we have ever seen, and yet advertising costs are down!
But here is the kicker, a lot of the people coming to me have NO IDEA how to market themselves, so I partnered with a company called Nanos.ai to bring my clients the power of display advertising on Google, Facebook & Instagram without any tech skills whatsoever.

Nanos.ai

Nanos.ai is a powerful platform that helps you place display ads and then optimizes those display ads for you with ai and best practices!
It's a crazy technology that I find perfect for small business!

So I had to post this here.

Check out this video to give you some idea of what Nanos.ai can do for you and how cost effective it is. There is no simpler way to get display advertising for your business. I have been sharing this with a lot of friends and family who all want agency power cant afford the $3000 agency cost.

This put the power back in the business owners hands!
#Boom

It also depends on what you want to promote too but yes people are still shopping online

TheWriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 24, 2020
A cool place

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders