The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Insider Call] How to Kick a$$ with Facebook Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
FYI, Jason has been helping me with a facebook campaign. I've never used facebook ads prior. I can say that without Jason's guidance I would have likely spent a lot more money for the same amount of results.

I think I'm now hooked on facebook advertising.

We'll be using my experience as a case study for the call.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Count me in. I tried using facebook ads recently just as a test but I got this weird security error thing when I tried to actually check out and pay for the ad with my credit card. I submitted a ticket to facebook customer support but no luck yet. Have you experienced this or know any secrets for getting your ad to go through?

helmguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 17, 2013
Damn. I'm going to be traveling at that time so would really appreciate a recording of this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
Thank you Jason! count me in.

About 4 days ago i gave facebook ads a shot , i set everything in auto and honestly i have no idea what i'm doing... this call will spare me money and more importantly time.

I noticed facebook ads defaults to CPM not CPC, not sure when i should use each one or how much to bid...

Thanks again, looking forward to it.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I noticed facebook ads defaults to CPM not CPC, not sure when i should use each one or how much to bid...

I will be covering the bidding strategy that has worked for me. :)

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
This is going to be around 4am my time... I'm gonna try to make it! But in case I don't I'll post my question here first,

The ad reports are very simple in FB ads, is there a way for the reports to be more detailed? For example, what age, sex and location the people were who triggered a conversion?

Thanks!

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
This call will be gold as I'm probably going to invest a lot on fb ads this year.

Thanks again

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Thanks...here are some questions:

1. Do you use the bulk editor? Is there anything better than that?

2. Do you display your ads to mobile devices? I noticed that you can turn mobile devices off in the bulk editor area.

3. Do you use both newsfeed and right hand column ads? My newsfeed ads have been converting much better for me and they have been way cheaper.

4. Do you run your ads continually? For example, have you found that ads do not preform well at certain times of the week (weekends?) vs the day?

5. Do you think that it's best to link the ad to your FB page or directly to a website?

Thanks

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Thanks...here are some questions:

1. Do you use the bulk editor? Is there anything better than that?

2. Do you display your ads to mobile devices? I noticed that you can turn mobile devices off in the bulk editor area.

3. Do you use both newsfeed and right hand column ads? My newsfeed ads have been converting much better for me and they have been way cheaper.

4. Do you run your ads continually? For example, have you found that ads do not preform well at certain times of the week (weekends?) vs the day?

5. Do you think that it's best to link the ad to your FB page or directly to a website?

Thanks

I'll cover those. :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
What kind of adverts have you found to have high CTR?

For example, if I am selling widgets, is it better to use more images with a single widget, or images with a range of widgets displayed?
CPM or CPC? Which do you find most effective?
When targeting a niche, FB allows you to drill into your target audience (i.e. you can target 'women' 'aged between x and y' who are interested in 'x' located in 'x'). When launching a new product is that what you do, or do you target everyone?

Many thanks

PSK

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Thanks! I've been away for a while and will not be able to physically attend, but I'm really looking forward to hearing this just the same.

Thank you for sharing your experience and time.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
For us british guys this is 8pm and europe this is 9pm. I hope I can make this one

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Sorry to ask this here. But I've always been a little confused about these INSIDERS Calls.

How do they work? Is it a Web show?

I'd really like to see this one.

helmguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 17, 2013
Was it decided if there will be a recording as I'm gutted that I'll miss it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
This is what I believe is the general attitude towards these calls:

Is your reason for missing the call MORE or LESS valuable than the information you expect to gain from the call?

If your plans are MORE valuable - don't feel guilty, because you are prioritizing properly.
If your plans are LESS valuable - move mountains and figure it out.

If you NEED this information:

- Call in sick or take a half-day
- Reschedule the flight/meeting/whatever
- Stream it from your phone/tablet on the go
- Duck out of the family gathering
- Go shopping another day
- Stay up late or get up early if you are geographically challenged

And hell, sometimes you have something less important but more urgent with no way out - it happens.

Recordings do sometimes happen but you should never, ever count on them. Announcing that a call will be recorded ahead of time is a fantastic way to ensure people won't try very hard to respect the effort put forth and attend it live.

helmguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 17, 2013
On fair enough. If I wasn't on a flight with 20 other people I'd consider rearranging thing. My loss.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Here are the details for attending this INSIDERS Call/Webinar:

Date and Time: Friday, November 29, 2013 at 1:00pm MST
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

The webinar is limited to 50 attendees. [first come, first served]

Visit the link below to attend the webinar:

[Insider Call] How to Kick A$$ with Facebook Marketing - Webinar link

You will be greeted with the following screen:

View attachment 5161

Choose your audio preference.

Follow the on screen directions.

System Requirements:

Operating System:
Windows XP and later, including Windows 8 *
Mac 10.6 Snow Leopard and later
Linux - various installations

*MeetingBurner is compatible with Windows 8 on Internet Explorer 10. However, to either run or attend a meeting, you will need to be in Desktop View rather than the new Modern View, as this interferes with some of the software required to attend a meeting. In order to switch to Desktop View, please open Internet Explorer 10 and right-click on any blank area on the website. This will pull up a toolbar at the bottom that shows the website’s URL and a series of buttons. Please click on the wrench icon; this will provide you with the option to "View on the desktop". By selecting this, your browser will enable you to use the full features of your MeetingBurner service.

Supported web browsers:
IE 8+
Firefox
Safari 5+
Chrome

Meetingburner offers a free mobile app that will enable Apple's iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad users to connect to meetings, all from the convenience of their Apple device! Just search for "MeetingBurner" in iTunes, install the free app, and then connect to the meeting with the meeting-specific iOS meeting ID, which is GD2QBMGB for this call. For Android users, no special app is necessary. The meeting can be launched from the same link that would be used for desktop participants.

I will update the OP with this info as well.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
What kind of adverts have you found to have high CTR?

For example, if I am selling widgets, is it better to use more images with a single widget, or images with a range of widgets displayed?
CPM or CPC? Which do you find most effective?
When targeting a niche, FB allows you to drill into your target audience (i.e. you can target 'women' 'aged between x and y' who are interested in 'x' located in 'x'). When launching a new product is that what you do, or do you target everyone?

Many thanks

PSK

Good questions. I'll cover these. :)

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
please record the session if possible... Im sure there will be plenty of people like myself working all day and unable to attend.

thanks and all the best

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This is what I believe is the general attitude towards these calls:

Is your reason for missing the call MORE or LESS valuable than the information you expect to gain from the call?

If your plans are MORE valuable - don't feel guilty, because you are prioritizing properly.
If your plans are LESS valuable - move mountains and figure it out.

If you NEED this information:

- Call in sick or take a half-day
- Reschedule the flight/meeting/whatever
- Stream it from your phone/tablet on the go
- Duck out of the family gathering
- Go shopping another day
- Stay up late or get up early if you are geographically challenged

And hell, sometimes you have something less important but more urgent with no way out - it happens.

Recordings do sometimes happen but you should never, ever count on them. Announcing that a call will be recorded ahead of time is a fantastic way to ensure people won't try very hard to respect the effort put forth and attend it live.

It's also important to note that INSIDERS Calls were started as a way for some to give back to the community and were not a planned INSIDERS Subscription benefit. Yes, these calls are a great benefit of being an INSIDERS but these are conducted on a pure volunteer basis by moderators and hosts. Whether a recording is made available is purely the decision of the call host. There are a few reasons why a host may not want their call recorded and shared after the fact and we should respect that. Also, we've had situations were a call was recorded but the technology failed and the recording was not available after all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.