The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Immediate ban: First post = AI / ChatGPT Responses

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Effective immediately, any new user who is using AI or ChatGPT to respond to posts is immediately banned.

The forum already has an AI bot who can respond to some posts and it is clearly noted as such. @Eva (AI-Bot)

I don't have an issue with AI, I have an issue with humans being deceptive and using AI.

Two bans in the last 2 days from new users who thought they'd interact with us (and be disingenous) at a machine level.

Please report any such use.

Banned.

Introductory thread has been updated in include the new rule:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dany

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 29, 2018
That was quick, thanks!

However I don't understand why someone would even want to reply with a fully generated AI response. What is the benefit? Purpose? Someone enlighten me.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That was quick, thanks!

However I don't understand why someone would even want to reply with a fully generated AI response. What is the benefit? Purpose? Someone enlighten me.

Likely to insert backlinks and signature ads at a later date. Perhaps to create a persona to perform some type of grift or scam, a long-game.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
I'm pretty sure in the future there will be plugins for the forums software which automatically detect AI generated content. This is basically spamming.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just curious, what tips you off to it being a robot response?
The writing style. It's posts are similar to those by new members who get insta-banned for dropping links.

It's formal, grandiose, verbose, pompous, and ultimately says nothing.

Big giveaways are the unnecessary first and last paragraphs, and writing like a politician or lawer keen to keep everyone happy and not get sued.

It uses "However", "More and more", and other phrases we don't use normally.

It talks at us instead of being part of the conversation.

It basically reads like bad SEO optimised content.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
There have been a lot of highly suspicious AI-style comments over on twitter also...

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 17.59.19.png

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There have been a lot of highly suspicious AI-style comments over on twitter also...

View attachment 46770

It's weird how AI copy stands out ... it's always has a lot of words and paragraphs, often repeated, that says very little to nothing. Lots of words, little content or value.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The number of people saying "all you copywriters are going to be out of jobs hahaha!" has sky-rocketed...

I don't know about you guys but I learned copywriting from Frank Kern and John Carlton... so I write in slang -- I make up my own ridiculous grammar rules -- sometimes I don't even use punctuation

But I believe it works because it's how people speak... it connects.

The latest gold rush has been "how do I use ChatGPT to make me money even though I have no education, skills, or talent?" -- and there's already plenty o' grifters selling people anything with "AI" slapped on it.

I will be interested to see when I feed the next version a bunch of my copy and see if it can crank out something more life-like... the future is exciting!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lots of words, little content or value.
I believe OpenAI was taught by scanning 10% of the internet. I reckon its picked up how to write a lot without saying anything of value by reading all the SEO optimised cr@p on the internet.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
With davinci 003 you can ask it to write in a particular tone and voice, and it does a pretty good job of it. I’d assume chatgpt can do the same. These people aren’t putting in the effort to write good prompts.

And yes, they are using ai to save time, and figuring out effective prompts takes time, but if you get the prompts right then you can keep reusing them.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
It's weird how AI copy stands out ... it's always has a lot of words and paragraphs, often repeated, that says very little to nothing. Lots of words, little content or value.
So you are saying any government communication is AI? Ahhh!!! Our slave masters are robots!

I guess that is slightly better than being run by the lizard people? I will go away now

Hadrian9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Nov 22, 2022
If anything I think this might open opportunities for copywriting. Copy writers who are able to add personality, uniqueness, and connection to their copy will stand out from all the ai repetition. Blogs that figure out how to write in a way that ai can’t will get much more attention.

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
ChatGPT gives advice in a way that leaves the choice to you.
Oh yeah you can do: this1, this2, this3. Or not, your choice is ultimately yours! ;);););)

The advice is also like a big puddle. Wide in that it looks big by giving you lots of common advice, but actually shallow because it doesn’t elaborate too much (at first). A good pointer in a general direction at most.

Sufi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 1, 2023
North America
Just curious, what tips you off to it being a robot response?
It might be best if MJ or other mods don’t share too many ideas on how they catch these. It’d end up being very easy to circumvent the criteria by asking “write a forum post for X without using Y in a Z tone”. Offenders will end up getting more ammunition haha

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I'm pretty sure in the future there will be plugins for the forums software which automatically detect AI generated content. This is basically spamming.
All these negative people saying it’s going to replace jobs, here it is creating a business opportunity that didn’t exist before

Anyone looking for an idea here’s another one, I’m sure Mj would be your first customer

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
All these negative people saying it’s going to replace jobs, here it is creating a business opportunity that didn’t exist before

Anyone looking for an idea here’s another one, I’m sure Mj would be your first customer
Jobs are not really ever "replaced", they just change.

How many industries have been absolutely changed or wiped out since the dawn of man? And yet, here we all are, more successful and with better lives than ever before.

Remember horse breeders? Carriage makers? Yellow page and newspaper manufacturers? Rotary phone repair stores? Camera film manufacturers?

The world keeps on changing.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The number of people saying "all you copywriters are going to be out of jobs hahaha!" has sky-rocketed...

I don't know about you guys but I learned copywriting from Frank Kern and John Carlton... so I write in slang -- I make up my own ridiculous grammar rules -- sometimes I don't even use punctuation

But I believe it works because it's how people speak... it connects.

The latest gold rush has been "how do I use ChatGPT to make me money even though I have no education, skills, or talent?" -- and there's already plenty o' grifters selling people anything with "AI" slapped on it.

I will be interested to see when I feed the next version a bunch of my copy and see if it can crank out something more life-like... the future is exciting!
Well before this it was 4hww, outsource all your work to cheap countries and live on an island doing nothing.

Even if the new version can make good copy, it’s the same as hiring people, you still need to be able to tell what’s good and understand everything else to know how to use it.

The best designer, copywriter or ai is still useless in the hands of a money chasing guy with no skills or understanding

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022

People love being alarmist idiots and jump on every hype train on the internet, in spite of the fact that they have 0 understanding of the underlying technology that they are talking about.

Right now you can't browse Youtube for more than 10 minutes without seeing a cringey thumbnail of someone saying either that AI will replace you and your job and make you poor, or "make a business for you" and make you rich.

It's ridiculous, and it makes me cringe very hard.
This is one of the many examples:

1673930773514.png

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It might be best if MJ or other mods don’t share too many ideas on how they catch these. It’d end up being very easy to circumvent the criteria by asking “write a forum post for X without using Y in a Z tone”. Offenders will end up getting more ammunition haha
Bad actors typically don't read content in the forum. They join to post a few times and drop links.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
People love being alarmist idiots and jump on every hype train on the internet, in spite of the fact that they have 0 understanding of the underlying technology that they are talking about.

Right now you can't browse Youtube for more than 10 minutes without seeing a cringey thumbnail of someone saying either that AI will replace you and your job and make you poor, or "make a business for you" and make you rich.

View attachment 46783

Affiliate marketing > Dropship > Crypto > AI

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I hate chat GPT written stuff. I still use PLR articles, much better content and written by a human.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
If you ask Google for things like how get rich quick or passive income ideas, than there come up 1000s of same homepages. I think, Chat gpt has especially used those for learning.

When I used GPT the first days randomly, after some time I thought " How can people be so excited..." . When I go to it now, I allways get a similar response:

ChatGPT is surely the best But its servers are put to the test With so many users chatting It's no wonder they're lagging But they'll fix it soon, no need to fret!

So I can give my email and do nothing than thinking alone.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Bad actors typically don't read content in the forum. They join to post a few times and drop links.
I do creative writing and read a lot. I know many guys here do likewise.

I asked ChatGPT to write me a story of some kind and it did. I immediately saw that I would not publish the story in anyway. I would have to rewrite it altogether. Didnt make up a great story but had the elements. Was full of cliches and phrases, words I wouldnt use.

I reckon it wont be impossible to see the difference between AI replies and those by humans, even if the AI guys adapt.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
The writing style. It's posts are similar to those by new members who get insta-banned for dropping links.

Big giveaways are the unnecessary first and last paragraphs, and writing like a politician or lawer keen to keep everyone happy and not get sued.

Me who uses "However" and "More and more" all the time.

dd0.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Affiliate marketing > Dropship > Crypto > AI
You missed blogging, podcasting, kindle publishing, smma, newsletters, and maybe faceless YouTube channels.

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ

This is one of the many examples:

View attachment 46783
I've read that the annoying faces are what really tickle the algorithm these days, but I'm not a tube expert. Regardless, the phenomenon is very vexing indeed.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

I use the word "however" all the time! Oh no, I think I'm a replicant!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007