The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm a bit confused on choosinng between learning facebook ads/marketing and programming!

Marketing, social media, advertising
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoponthebop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Apr 16, 2019
Here's the deal:

So Im 17yo and I will study computer science in college. I want to get a degree and I need to get a degree just to get started at least. I dont think degrees are worthless (in my country they are valuable).

And like I dont know what to do. Im thinking of learning facebook ads to start making money to sustain myself during college (do it in my free time) or just to learn programming which is whhat i will do in college and try to find jobs that need programming. What would you suggest?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Almost all of your threads are asking questions that we can't decide for you.

You're 17. Anything productive that you do right now will lead to a rewarding path. But you can't rely on a forum full of strangers to decide your life path.

Just get started. Your indecisiveness is preventing you from starting. Even if you think there might be a better choice, just get started and commit to it. It doesn't matter if its programming or FB ads.

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
17 yo , the decisions you make right now will have a lot of horse power. You can start your venture with college.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Wow..miss this age. I would say just try everything. Provided you know where your limits are.

When I was at your age, I jumped into charity works during the day and night time was spent drinking. During weekdays I went for college and tried everything too. Mind you I have no idea what the word risks meant back then. The college that I picked was far across the ocean from the place I grew up. And there I was without parental supervision.

As I said, know your limits. I had a few friends who didn't put any boundaries by 'trying everything' (unwanted pregnancy, drugs etc. etc.).

Years later, I found TMF and that 17yo boy experienced for the past few years helped a lot.

I wouldn't have any idea about 'selflessness' in entrepreneurship if not because of the charity work.
I wouldn't have any idea about communication in entrepreneurship if the charity organization didn't exposed me to their meetings.
I wouldn't have any idea about life's choices, life's meaning and purpose, self-respect, life values right now if not of the things I did when I was little boy.

Go out there and make mistakes. I'm sure you'll find your FTE.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
@hoponthebop

Which of these do you want to remain open?

1) This new thread.

2) I need to make a decision. Should I put my time into social media marketing or web design with wordpress?

3) Im somewhat lost. Should I just focus and put all my time into programming and get good at it?

4) Should I learn digital marketing or coding as a 17yo?

I ask this for your own benefit. People will stop answering if you keep creating new threads to ask the same question.
God! I didn't realized it's the same person who posted this kind of threads. Sounds like I just wasted my time replying.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
A lot of your questions in other threads and this one go like this...

Should I learning a marketing skill, or a coding skill?

Why not go to college to learn coding, and then on the side learn marketing in your free time? How come you think you can not do both?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Status
Not open for further replies.