The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Im somewhat lost. Should I just focus and put all my time into programming and get good at it?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoponthebop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Apr 16, 2019
Hey!

Im 17yo. Like I want to be financiallly free, to have money because most of my life I lived in a struggle and I dont like it and i dont want to live like that again. And like the only way I see is to get a degree. And I choose computer science because it seems like the only thing I like and that's well paid. Getting degree will motivate me to learn because if I dont learn im losing money and precious time. Degrees make it easier too. Like I want to learn it, make money and just leave.

I want to travel, see the world, meet people that are motivated and not scared. I dont like the people I know (only my brother), I dont like my friends (no goals and they dont actually support me) nor my parents ( They are cool parents but are scared and dont let me take risks and live my life, they are over protective and want me always by their side).
I also suck at every job there is if i dont like it. I would do well at programming becaus i like it, i like managing business (if its my own even more), i love those. But at other I suck. Bartender i suck because I would drop everything. Serving at restaurants. Maybe at fast food chains? Im pretty socially awkward but im trying to fix this. I also hate working for someone if its a job I hate. I hate that shit and someone pays me a shitty salary and then talk shit to me like to work faster? I hate it too. In programming this would be ok for the first years tbh. This is the reason i want to make money online, to support myself while I study at university or because I will need it.

I dont know what to do. Learn more about business and try do to something online? Or just put all my time and focus on school and programming?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Dec 1, 2018
So to start answering your question, I would like to ask if you have a decent work ethic and determination to grow and change.
Knowing if you have a strong work ethic determines if you can work by yourself and achieving your goals in expected deadlines. If you don't have a strong work ethic (being lazy or a procrastinator), I would suggest staying in school because it would be a waste of time and energy if you don't work for your goals.
What I mean about the determination to grow and change is, are you willing to sacrifice something to get what you want? Judging from what you've written above, you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone more even if it is tiring or nerve-wracking. I suggest that you go to stressful or anxious situations e.g Work as a bartender or go to networking events. I also want to challenge you to talk to strangers every day for you to get out of your social 'awkwardness'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!