The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I will help you find a product to sell on Amazon

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, I will help you find a product to sell on Amazon. But the catch is that all the information will be posted here. No PM's. So if you want to talk about a potential product, you must do it on this thread and risk a bunch of copycats. But, as we always say here, it's not the idea, it's the execution.

The idea of this thread is for others to post a product that they think might do well on Amazon and I will analyze it and give pros and cons about the product. Hopefully, this will help give you ideas and direction on other products if not the one being analyzed.

What I don't want is people asking about crap products and supplements. For example, I don't want a post that says, "What do you think about cutting boards?" I want a more in depth post that says, "I'm thinking of doing bamboo cutting boards. I can make it better by blah blah.I look at the competitors and blah blah.

The problem with most people looking for a product is that they don't "DO" enough things or have experience in broad areas. It could be because you are young and just haven't experienced enough life yet. But for many, it's probably because they don't "DO" anything that's not on the internet, they don't have any hobbies and they sit at home looking for an idea.

So let me run by some hobbies I've had when I was younger: collecting comics, baseball cards, RC car racing, saltwater fish keeping (reef tanks), paintball, car tracking, etc...

If I pick one hobby from my list, let's pick saltwater fish keeping, I can think of 3-5 problems that I had during my fish keeping days. In fact, when I go to Amazon now, I see some great innovations in things.

I'll give you an example of a super small niche in reef keeping.

To grow your own SPS corals in reef tanks you take a pair of pliers and cut off a piece and put it on the bottom of the fishtank. This is because you have to slowly aclimmatize the new piece to the light. If you put it at the top of the tank, it will burn and die. So we put it on the bottom and every week we raise it slowly by 3-4 inches. We did this by just putting it higher and higher on rocks.

Sometimes, the piece of coral would fall off the rock. So people starting super gluing the piece to a small rock.

Then as time went by, people started making special "rocks" to super glue them to. Thus coral plugs were invented.918Kin02aTL._SL1500_.jpg
Amazon.com : Oceans Wonders Coral Frag Plugs 100pc : Pet Supplies

Then soon came racks so people had a place to put the coral plugs. These racks were held by magnets to the side of the fish tank so you could slowly raise the height easily. Thus magnetic coral racks were born.
61xZMZxitLL._SL1500_.jpg
Amazon.com : Oceans Wonders N52 MAG RACK PRO MAGNETIC CORAL FRAG RACK HOLDS UP TO 30 FRAG PLUGS : Pet Supplies

This is an SPS coral frag tank. Each one of those pieces could sell for $30 or more to a hobbyist.
2390868190_d28821e1ed.jpg

Neither of these products were available when I was reef keeping 20 years ago. They have come a long way in 20 years. If I had been in an entrepreneurial mindset back then instead of a hobbyist maybe I would have invented some of these. They certainly solved a need.

There's probably some dude out there making a decent living in this niche who's going to be pissed off that I'm exposing it.

My point is, how do you even know that this need is out there if you don't "DO" anything in your life? There is probably a problem for people who flying kites or people who fly drones. But you won't ever know what it is if you don't do these things.

I'll give you another one that is more current. See this object below? Guess what it is?61wXNcGD0fL._SL1500_.jpg
Amazon.com : Neewer 24x24 inch/60x60 cm Photo Studio Shooting Tent Light Cube Diffusion Soft Box Kit with 4 Colors Backdrops (Red Dark Blue Black White) for Photography : Photographic Lighting Diffusers : Camera & Photo

It is a lightbox for photography. It is a 24" cube. The beauty of this box is that it folds down flat. Guess what else it could be good for? Drone racing!

Yes, drone racing. My friend who races drones builds 6' x 6' x 6' PVC cubes that they use as gates in the park. The problem is that they need to carry about a bunch of 6' PVC pipes in their small cars.

You could take this lightbox, remove the center panels, make it 6' long, and presto! You got a portable lightweight drone gate.

Here are some currently on Amazon.
Amazon.com: drone gates

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Yes, I will help you find a product to sell on Amazon.

Thank you for doing this.

I think the point OP is trying to make is the importance of process behind the product selection. The actual product does not matter.

Stealing someones product idea won't get you anywhere in the long term if you didn't learn the thought process.

I'm really excited to see where this thread goes.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'll start off for you @biophase And I'll disclaimer here, my plate is full, I have no intentions of creating and selling this on Amazon, so if Bio gives his thumbs up on this product idea, it's fair game for anyone who wants to execute it.

Ok, the product. Dog proof litter box.
This is something I've been searching for recently and cannot find. We just adopted a new pitty and she loves cat turds. It's gross. People who have both cats and dogs know, you dog loves tootsie rolls.

Here's what's available on Amazon, that in my experience, would actually keep a dog out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069HL4BM/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 If you have a big dog.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DH8L4/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 If your dog has a big head.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XKX6TFE/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
This is the only one I know 100% would keep my dog out. $175-180

This is similar to the design that kept our previous dog out but still allows our new one to get in.

Petmate Top Entry Litter Pan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVL30NC/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I would design a product similar to this one, offer a clear option also (our cats actually prefer clear so they can see out, feel safer) but make it taller. Dogs that are tall and lean and just put their head straight through the hole on this one. But by make it about 1 ft taller, they wouldn't be able to reach the bottom.

Or I'd make one like this

Designer Catbox Litter Box Enclosure in White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AFMJYA/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

That didn't cost $120. This ones actually perfect, but again, we'd have to buy theee for our house, $360 for litter boxes is Insane.

So, I'd find a way to construct something similar to those two with lower cost to produce.

Thoughts?

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
Ok, I'll give this a shot. Although I have little to no intention of following through with this particular item (that means it's ok to steal this idea), I think the process is what's important.

The Problem
I have 10 foot ceilings at my retail store. I am also responsible for changing the light bulbs, which are in recessed housings. So every time a bulb goes out, I have to drag a chair out (shhh, don't tell OSHA), hop up, and change it. I have also previously rented a house with recessed lighting in a 16 foot vaulted ceiling, which is out of chair range. I had to call the landlord and wait a week or two for the light to be replaced.

The Current Solution
There exists light bulb changers for high ceilings. Basically a long pole with an attachment at the end to grip the light bulb. Searching on Amazon, every listing looks the exact same, only different brands and different colors. They all have about 3.5-4 stars.

The Problem with the Current Solution
Looking through the reviews, I have identified several areas that could be improved upon.
1. No carrying case. Since the kits come with several attachments for different bulb types, a cheap case to keep everything together could be a good selling point.
2. No directions. A simple sheet with directions plus some youtube videos would add value.
3. Multiple complaints that the pole is flimsy. Use thicker aluminum and better plastic peices.
4. Pole is too short. It only extends to 11', so a 20' ceiling (or outdoor floods) would still need a ladder. Options are to make the pole longer (which increases weight) or an additional section that can be screwed on if needed.
5. There are reported problems that where the head attachment connects to the pole is pretty flimsy. Some customers have drilled a hole and put an additional screw in place to secure it.
6. Sometimes the head unscrews instead of the light bulb. Needs a better attaching mechanism (One that locks in place). This is the main complaint of 1 star reviews.
7. Some complaints about oddly angled light bulb outlets. I know there are screwdrivers you can get with variable angles, but I'm not sure if this is a big enough pain point.
8. Suction cup is too rigid to adhere to some bulbs. Use a more flexible type of plastic. Also, the head comes unscrewed with stubborn bulbs (see #6).

Anticipated Improvements
The major complaints are the flimsiness and how the heads come unscrewed instead of the light bulbs. Plan to use thicker aluminum for the construction. Also need to engineer a locking mechanism to hold the head to the pole. A cheap carrying case shouldn't add too much to the overall price, but provide a higher perceived value. Use a more flexible plastic for the suction cup.

Drawbacks
The major issue that could crop up is cost. Right now, Alibaba is selling these kits for around $6-$10 each. With the upgrades, I would think it would cost around $15 per kit to produce. The cheap kits retail for about $25, so this kit would be about 2x the cost ($50-$60) in order for it to make financial sense.

So, @biophase , what do you think? Is there potential here?

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
..rented a house with recessed lighting in a 16 foot vaulted ceiling..

Had to change 4' long fluorescent lights at that height in my uncle's auto body shop 10 years back. One step from the top of the ladder, nothing to hold onto, and twisting the bulb with my finger tips. I'm paralyzed even typing this. Not afraid of heights; more afraid of gravity and concrete floors

Interested in the solution

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'll start off for you @biophase And I'll disclaimer here, my plate is full, I have no intentions of creating and selling this on Amazon, so if Bio gives his thumbs up on this product idea, it's fair game for anyone who wants to execute it.

Ok, the product. Dog proof litter box.
This is something I've been searching for recently and cannot find. We just adopted a new pitty and she loves cat turds. It's gross. People who have both cats and dogs know, you dog loves tootsie rolls.

Here's what's available on Amazon, that in my experience, would actually keep a dog out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069HL4BM/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 If you have a big dog.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DH8L4/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20 If your dog has a big head.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XKX6TFE/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
This is the only one I know 100% would keep my dog out. $175-180

This is similar to the design that kept our previous dog out but still allows our new one to get in.

Petmate Top Entry Litter Pan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVL30NC/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I would design a product similar to this one, offer a clear option also (our cats actually prefer clear so they can see out, feel safer) but make it taller. Dogs that are tall and lean and just put their head straight through the hole on this one. But by make it about 1 ft taller, they wouldn't be able to reach the bottom.

Or I'd make one like this

Designer Catbox Litter Box Enclosure in White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AFMJYA/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

That didn't cost $120. This ones actually perfect, but again, we'd have to buy theee for our house, $360 for litter boxes is Insane.

So, I'd find a way to construct something similar to those two with lower cost to produce.

Thoughts?

Let's look at this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AFMJYA/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I would avoid this product 100%. First, it is too big and bulky. This is why the prices are so high. Even if you could get one built for $10, you are looking at maybe $5 a unit to ship overseas, even directly to Amazon FBA. Then if you sell at $100, Amazon would take $15 commission and charge you probably $40 for fulfillment. So out of your $100, you get $45. Your cost is $15. You make $30. Then you have Amazon's warehouse storage. This might cost you $2/unit/month to store. So if you ship 100 units, you could be looking at $200/mo.

So much can go wrong. So little upside.

Too much work. You can find easier products.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok, I'll give this a shot. Although I have little to no intention of following through with this particular item (that means it's ok to steal this idea), I think the process is what's important.

The Problem
I have 10 foot ceilings at my retail store. I am also responsible for changing the light bulbs, which are in recessed housings. So every time a bulb goes out, I have to drag a chair out (shhh, don't tell OSHA), hop up, and change it. I have also previously rented a house with recessed lighting in a 16 foot vaulted ceiling, which is out of chair range. I had to call the landlord and wait a week or two for the light to be replaced.

The Current Solution
There exists light bulb changers for high ceilings. Basically a long pole with an attachment at the end to grip the light bulb. Searching on Amazon, every listing looks the exact same, only different brands and different colors. They all have about 3.5-4 stars.

The Problem with the Current Solution
Looking through the reviews, I have identified several areas that could be improved upon.
1. No carrying case. Since the kits come with several attachments for different bulb types, a cheap case to keep everything together could be a good selling point.
2. No directions. A simple sheet with directions plus some youtube videos would add value.
3. Multiple complaints that the pole is flimsy. Use thicker aluminum and better plastic peices.
4. Pole is too short. It only extends to 11', so a 20' ceiling (or outdoor floods) would still need a ladder. Options are to make the pole longer (which increases weight) or an additional section that can be screwed on if needed.
5. There are reported problems that where the head attachment connects to the pole is pretty flimsy. Some customers have drilled a hole and put an additional screw in place to secure it.
6. Sometimes the head unscrews instead of the light bulb. Needs a better attaching mechanism (One that locks in place). This is the main complaint of 1 star reviews.
7. Some complaints about oddly angled light bulb outlets. I know there are screwdrivers you can get with variable angles, but I'm not sure if this is a big enough pain point.
8. Suction cup is too rigid to adhere to some bulbs. Use a more flexible type of plastic. Also, the head comes unscrewed with stubborn bulbs (see #6).

Anticipated Improvements
The major complaints are the flimsiness and how the heads come unscrewed instead of the light bulbs. Plan to use thicker aluminum for the construction. Also need to engineer a locking mechanism to hold the head to the pole. A cheap carrying case shouldn't add too much to the overall price, but provide a higher perceived value. Use a more flexible plastic for the suction cup.

Drawbacks
The major issue that could crop up is cost. Right now, Alibaba is selling these kits for around $6-$10 each. With the upgrades, I would think it would cost around $15 per kit to produce. The cheap kits retail for about $25, so this kit would be about 2x the cost ($50-$60) in order for it to make financial sense.

So, @biophase , what do you think? Is there potential here?

It's a tough product. The price point is a little low for its size. I wonder how small the package is. The problem with improving this product is that it is plastic and a new mold can cost you a few thousand. It's hard to recoup that on a $5 profit product.

If I absolutely had to sell this product. I would maybe just sell a 20' pole that is compatible with all the head parts. Maybe sell the pole with a case that can hold all their accessories.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
One thing I found

In photography, I find it a hassle to have to carry a backpack, as well as have a strap for your camera, two straps on your body feels odd.

I wanted to have a backpack with a strap that is already attached to it so you don't have to have two straps and would be 10x more comfortable.

I have found one other item that is like this CCS EV-1 StrapShot Holster

The only thing with this is it attaches to your backpack rather than being part of the backpack itself. This could be good if a person has a bag that they like and would like to add this to, but I think it may also be bad because people have to purchase this, on top of purchasing their bag.

I think having two models of this, one that is smaller and one that is quite larger for two types of people would do well.

I could price them anywhere from $100-$250 and people would be willing to pay that.

I'm not sure what it takes to build a product such as this though. I have never looked into manufacturing costs and R&D for it.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178F8N6W/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W3MASZU/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

1. There a not a lot of SETS in this section

2. Prices are not bad, is a luxury item i guess. But if you like too cook you need really one of those.

3. It seems some lack of Quality if you look at the reviews (this could be the chance?)

Maybe biggest problem to get a manufacturer who can deliver high quality for a good price??

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178F8N6W/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W3MASZU/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

1. There a not a lot of SETS in this section

2. Prices are not bad, is a luxury item i guess. But if you like too cook you need really one of those.

3. It seems some lack of Quality if you look at the reviews (this could be the chance?)

Maybe biggest problem to get a manufacturer who can deliver high quality for a good price??

Speaking as a knife and metal working enthusiast, if I saw $159 set of Damascus it'd be a hard pass. A single authentic Damascus blade is $150 alone.
So finding actual Damascus and packaging it affordable would be your main challenge.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
Reverse threaded head. That way when you are unscrewing the lightbulb it is actually tightening the pole head. Simple, works, and doesn't add complexity.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Speaking as a knife and metal working enthusiast, if I saw $159 set of Damascus it'd be a hard pass. A single authentic Damascus blade is $150 alone.
So finding actual Damascus and packaging it affordable would be your main challenge.

Scot you're right, somebody complaint about that, those are not real Damascus, you get them on Alibaba for 10 -30$ a Set. And thy sell it for 180$ great margin , but looks more like they scam people with this? Why they write Damascus, they should write Damascus look a like?

How do you recognize real damascus, sometimes they write something like this = VG-10 or SG-10 or VG-Max are those real tags for Damascus steel?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
One thing I found

In photography, I find it a hassle to have to carry a backpack, as well as have a strap for your camera, two straps on your body feels odd.

I wanted to have a backpack with a strap that is already attached to it so you don't have to have two straps and would be 10x more comfortable.

I have found one other item that is like this CCS EV-1 StrapShot Holster

The only thing with this is it attaches to your backpack rather than being part of the backpack itself. This could be good if a person has a bag that they like and would like to add this to, but I think it may also be bad because people have to purchase this, on top of purchasing their bag.

I think having two models of this, one that is smaller and one that is quite larger for two types of people would do well.

I could price them anywhere from $100-$250 and people would be willing to pay that.

I'm not sure what it takes to build a product such as this though. I have never looked into manufacturing costs and R&D for it.

I have a product like this one for my SLR. I don't remember its name but I paid $60 for it.

Are you suggesting that you would make a hiking backpack with this holder? I don't know if that would fly because I'd care more about how good the backpack is for hiking vs. it having a camera holder.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Let's look at this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AFMJYA/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I would avoid this product 100%. First, it is too big and bulky. This is why the prices are so high. Even if you could get one built for $10, you are looking at maybe $5 a unit to ship overseas, even directly to Amazon FBA. Then if you sell at $100, Amazon would take $15 commission and charge you probably $40 for fulfillment. So out of your $100, you get $45. Your cost is $15. You make $30. Then you have Amazon's warehouse storage. This might cost you $2/unit/month to store. So if you ship 100 units, you could be looking at $200/mo.

I was looking at this product earlier today
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087BI9KW/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
A lot of what you said applies here. Plus I came to the conclusion that because of the size but low volume nature of the niche, the storage costs would eat me alive. The biggest downside was it'd be very costly and difficult to improve the product. It would involve having to get the manufacturer to remold or design their pieces.

The reviews talk about weak wood and wire that some customers bypassed by lining chicken coop wiring around the entire thing on the inside, so you could bundle with stronger wiring. But because of the size, FBA would be difficult. I'm also finding that without buying incentivized reviews or using any review groups, organic reviews come very very slowly.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I have a product like this one for my SLR. I don't remember its name but I paid $60 for it.

Are you suggesting that you would make a hiking backpack with this holder? I don't know if that would fly because I'd care more about how good the backpack is for hiking vs. it having a camera holder.

Possibly a hiking backpack as well, but I was thinking of a series of possibly "Sporty" "Hiking" "Street-Walking" etc. It's just nice to have a bag that you can swap your gear into (DSLR bag with compartments) as well as having your camera hitched onto the front with a strap. I constantly walk around with my bag for events/hiking/general shooting on the street and it's so frustrating to either have my camera in my hand/hand sling or have a sling on my shoulder as well as my backpack.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
i assume my first product suggestion is BS? But funny while i was looking for these knifes i got something else!

these Knifes are popular in CS GO (shooter game) but i couldnt find exactly these(but some other knifes from the game) on amazon when you write for search cs go knifes or counterstrike knifes

iam talking about these = 5.47'' Sharp Real Cs Go Shadow Knife Skins Damascus Game Counter Strike Knives Tactical Fight Combat Camping Outdoor Tools Hot - Buy Cs Go,Shadow Knife,Cs Knives Product on Alibaba.com

http://cs2.gamemodding.net/images/b...e2b2c1e6fdf626f639a9ca42528c3635bce4d1f3b.jpg

i would ask manufacturer for 4 different colors. Its a fun/collecting product.

Is my approach wrong? Is that not enough value delivered?thoughts?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Possibly a hiking backpack as well, but I was thinking of a series of possibly "Sporty" "Hiking" "Street-Walking" etc. It's just nice to have a bag that you can swap your gear into (DSLR bag with compartments) as well as having your camera hitched onto the front with a strap. I constantly walk around with my bag for events/hiking/general shooting on the street and it's so frustrating to either have my camera in my hand/hand sling or have a sling on my shoulder as well as my backpack.

So you are making a camera bag with a clip on the front strap.

Maybe like this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HIXQMEO/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
i assume my first product suggestion is BS? But funny while i was looking for these knifes i got something else!

these Knifes are popular in CS GO (shooter game) but i couldnt find exactly these (but some other knifes from the game) on amazon when you write for search cs go knifes or counterstrike knifes

iam talking about these = 5.47'' Sharp Real Cs Go Shadow Knife Skins Damascus Game Counter Strike Knives Tactical Fight Combat Camping Outdoor Tools Hot - Buy Cs Go,Shadow Knife,Cs Knives Product on Alibaba.com

http://cs2.gamemodding.net/images/b...e2b2c1e6fdf626f639a9ca42528c3635bce4d1f3b.jpg

i would ask manufacturer for 4 different colors. Its a fun/collecting product.

Is my approach wrong? Is that not enough value delivered?thoughts?

What's the value delivered? Different colors?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

It looks like this product comes unassembled: "The Designer Catbox is easily assembled and comes with detailed instructions. For setup, you will need a Phillip's head screwdriver."

So I'm guessing it takes up a lot less space and costs a lot less for FBA. Would that change your opinion on the product?

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
What's the value delivered? Different colors?

i thought its enough to put them on amazon because they arent available but its an popular knife from the game.

There are no similar on amazon. Maybe i should only look for something that already works?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
i thought its enough to put them on amazon because they arent available but its an popular knife from the game.

There are no similar on amazon. Maybe i should only look for something that already works?

counter strike is kind of a niche game, it's not something mainstream as CoD or Battlefield. The ammount of people looking for CS knives? Probably negligible.

But compare that to when CoD modern warfare came out and everyone was selling/buying those Ghost masks...

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
counter strike is kind of a niche game, it's not something mainstream as CoD or Battlefield. The ammount of people looking for CS knives? Probably negligible.

But compare that to when CoD modern warfare came out and everyone was selling/buying those Ghost masks...

true. But how do you scale this??? How do you know its neglible?

iam wondering this one got over 7000 reviews = https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087DRWWQ/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I'm by no means an ecommerce guy, but I'm pretty big into accessories like necklaces and bracelets. I'd like to throw this idea out there for the forum as I think there's a need to fill for this.

One huge issue I see is getting high quality, fashionable bracelets. I'm in mens fashion groups on facebook and a lot have a hard time finding good bracelets and necklaces as well.

Some bracelets on Amazon look okay, but the string/plastic they use to hold the bracelets together break very easily and they fade really easy.

I like taking my bracelets and necklaces everywhere. Including in the pool and shower.

There are a lot of ppl in this market, but they sell the same low quality cookie cutter stuff, so I'm wondering what you think of a high quality bracelet that buyers can actually use without it fading or breaking and feel amazing wearing it.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
I have no doubt that a knife sells on Amazon, but hoping to capture the audience of a game only hardcore gamers play, might be too much niching.

so you wouldnt give it a go? at the end i think not only gamer would buy it, but i speculate :)

@biophase also no recommendation on this one?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
so you wouldnt give it a go? at the end i think not only gamer would buy it, but i speculate :)

@biophase also no recommendation on this one?

To be honest, a $10 knife is a commodity.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It looks like this product comes unassembled: "The Designer Catbox is easily assembled and comes with detailed instructions. For setup, you will need a Phillip's head screwdriver."

So I'm guessing it takes up a lot less space and costs a lot less for FBA. Would that change your opinion on the product?

It will still be fairly big. Even without the height the panels will be long and wide. I think the whole product is a little too complicated for me to want to go into it. If the margins would be better than maybe I would. But looking at it as a whole, I'd choose something easier.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

When I see something like this that nobody else is selling, my first thought is that it is a banned product on Amazon. I haven't researched it, but it's my initial thought.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ