The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I will help you find a product to sell on Amazon

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
How about pop-up cockpits for kids?

They'd be kind of like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQIT0TO/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Only they would be:
Photorealistic based on actual cockpits or space capsule interiors (you could have a fighter jet, an Apollo capsule, a Cessna, etc.)
Could come with manuals/checklists, stories/missions, etc. to engage parents or older kids
Could come paired with kid's space suits, flight suits, etc.

Basically so dorky parents like me could realistically pretend to do space/flying stuff with my kid (which I currently do with Microsoft flight simulator).

Looks like a me too product. Price is too low for its size. I'd stay away from this product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Along the same lines, sticker kits for cardboard boxes like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OBWYKXG/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Only photorealistic, based on a selection particular aircraft/spacecraft, with accompanying books, checklists, etc. to make it more engaging and educational. Perhaps even with templates for parents to cut out windows and help their kid with realistic sticker placement.

These are attractive because of the low cost to ship and warehouse. May be a decent product but probably low volume. You could expand to all types of cockpit stickers, like cars, ships, rockets, etc...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Last one - I play a lot of roller hockey, with balls like these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PUECCJ8/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

We are always having trouble with the balls; they are too bouncy, too soft, etc.

We often end up putting twine in them in order to get a perfect balance of weight, bounce, etc. by boring a hole in the ball and trying to stuff twine in there. It's really annoying and time consuming, and can cause the ball to break apart. I've always wondered if selling twine balls (hockey balls with twine in the middle) would be profitable.

Interesting... I think that $10, you are going to be making $1-$2 per sale. Volume is probably low too. I would probably pass on this as I don't see a path to build a brand.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
ok i have one i would like to execute on it, demand looks also not bad. Competition not that much for my opinion but i know nothing about ecomm it would be my first venture.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EFY9EYU/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

as you can see in the first review the tubes are weak and pretty thin, i would like to change this and also the bottom maybe to attach with spikes on the ground or just take a case thats heavier than this one maybe made of plastic, so we have more stability when the wind blows.

The improvements could increase the manufacturing costs and also the weight(more transport costs?). I would price it more 60$ to 70$ range.

@biophase ?

Edit: Outdoor Games & Indoor Fun from Zume Games | Zume Games they sell on the website for 99dollars and on amzon for 50, why someone would do this.... he dont focus anymore on his niche products ha?

Could be a viable product. It would take some work to improve this as it looks like the parts are plastic. This would be one of those products that would take 6-12 months to get off the ground, but could be worth it as you would have a superior product and every one else is selling the crappy one.

Toshiro

Dreamer
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 10, 2017
Germany
What is a selfmade music kit? You mean an album?

No, i mean sounds which music producers can buy to create Instrumentals, Tracks, Beats. There are some big companies like prime loops or loopmasters but no one on amazon.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I like it. :thumbsup:

Mission accomplished. You heard the man, someone start executing on water bladders!

Edit: in case anyone is wondering why I'm not executing this it's because my business is not in ecommerce and it's too young to split my attention.

Last edited:

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Mission accomplished. You heard the man, someone start executing on water bladders!

Edit: in case anyone is wondering why I'm not executing this it's because my business is not in ecommerce and it's too young to split my attention.

I like it. :thumbsup:

the product seems pretty good in quality, if they are made in the US how could you make similiar ones? They are BPA free and they are almost unbreakable.

is this something you could retail and import to another country or maybe to europe?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
the product seems pretty good in quality, if they are made in the US how could you make similiar ones? They are BPA free and they are almost unbreakable.

is this something you could retail and import to another country or maybe to europe?

I'd probably make a product pretty close to theirs, add grommets, and rebrand it. They seem to focus on the RV market. I'd market it more to camping, survivalists, and emergency prep.

There's also a healthy line of accessories for this. Hose adapters, pumps, maybe a shower attachment, and stackable containers to hold the bladder.

That's where I'd take this product.

SJMM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 22, 2014
New York, NY
Hi @biophase! I was searching for a product to use for my boys who are in school and I thought I would post this product here for your opinion. I think this product can be improved based on the reviews about the wood being flimsy and too thin. There are less 5 star reviews and more 3 and 4 since I searched this product. Its not too heavy or too big of a product. What do you think? Thank you for the input.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXRMSIC/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
what about a Bluetooth remote for phones that works with kindle, so you can turn pages hands free when in bed? some people use these to read in bed because it's uncomfortable to hold the phone up for long periods of time. But if you have one of these, you still have to raise your arm every minute to turn the page.

of course, this remote could work for watching movies in bed too. pause, ff, rw, etc. those exist.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
what about a Bluetooth remote for phones that works with kindle, so you can turn pages hands free when in bed? some people use these to read in bed because it's uncomfortable to hold the phone up for long periods of time. But if you have one of these, you still have to raise your arm every minute to turn the page.

of course, this remote could work for watching movies in bed too. pause, ff, rw, etc. those exist.

So you're saying you should get a degree in electrical engineering to develop a page turner?

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
So you're saying you should get a degree in electrical engineering to develop a page turner?

lol, no. this product exists in very similar forms.

however, i am concerned about the marketing of it. if it's positioned as a kindle page turner, do people get it without too much eductation?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
hi! just a simple question! how do you find the traffic on ebay as a selling platform?

having some issues with amazon atm so not using them. am i doing myself a big disservice?

thanks in advance.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi @biophase! I was searching for a product to use for my boys who are in school and I thought I would post this product here for your opinion. I think this product can be improved based on the reviews about the wood being flimsy and too thin. There are less 5 star reviews and more 3 and 4 since I searched this product. Its not too heavy or too big of a product. What do you think? Thank you for the input.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXRMSIC/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I see alot of competition. Did you check out the competitors? Are they all using thin wood?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I would stay away from a bluetooth product, but I would love to have a product like this. I have an arm to hold the tablet and it sucks to reach up and tap the screen to turn the page.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
How about something like this hockey ball passing machine?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HDIPDG/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Pros:
-Highly ranked in hockey categories (#2 in hockey)
-Fairly small and light (14.6 x 9.2 x 8.6 inches ; 3.2 pounds)
Cons with current machine:
-Lots of quality issues (looks cheaply made, the 1-3 star reviews complain of such)
-No ability to adjust timing, speed, etc.
Opportunity:
- Higher price points with better quality
- Adjustable timing/speed controls (or maybe a basic and pro version?)
- Could also be expanded into a line of hockey training devices and other accessories (including an ice hockey passer/shooter, which would be awesome)

Also, thanks for doing this! I'm learning a lot.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
How about something like this hockey ball passing machine?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HDIPDG/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Pros:
-Highly ranked in hockey categories (#2 in hockey)
-Fairly small and light (14.6 x 9.2 x 8.6 inches ; 3.2 pounds)
Cons with current machine:
-Lots of quality issues (looks cheaply made, the 1-3 star reviews complain of such)
-No ability to adjust timing, speed, etc.
Opportunity:
- Higher price points with better quality
- Adjustable timing/speed controls (or maybe a basic and pro version?)
- Could also be expanded into a line of hockey training devices and other accessories (including an ice hockey passer/shooter, which would be awesome)

Also, thanks for doing this! I'm learning a lot.

This product is too complicated for me. So you are basically going to design a whole new machine. Molds, circuit boards, etc. will cost a lot and take a lot of time.

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
I would stay away from a bluetooth product, but I would love to have a product like this. I have an arm to hold the tablet and it sucks to reach up and tap the screen to turn the page.

Thanks for your response. Curious if you'd stay away from Bluetooth because of the risk in QC or something else?

I guess I won't be sending you the product if you don't recommend me distributing it XD

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
I'd stay away from electronics and devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I used to sell android computer boxes and it was a nightmare, constant problems with firmware and software, unreliability. I was also always worried about the electrical, what if a short happens/fire. I would stay away from it, unless it's powered by a simple USB connection. Always think about liability concerns when it comes to product sourcing.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
Agree. I used to sell android computer boxes and it was a nightmare, constant problems with firmware and software, unreliability. I was also always worried about the electrical, what if a short happens/fire. I would stay away from it, unless it's powered by a simple USB connection. Always think about liability concerns when it comes to product sourcing.
Ahhh that makes complete sense. Either all in or walk away from electronics with firmware.

MCD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 26, 2011
Hey bio thanks for doing this. I'm looking at vertical jump trainers, this is the main one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BL52MI/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20.

Seems to be fairly low quality and way too expensive. I think there is a fairly big market for something like this in a lower price range (say sub 150). High school athletes that don't have a D1 programs budget etc. The obvious thing would be to get rid of the base and do a wall or tree mount, clamp mount etc. Possibly sell the top part that you hit and different mounting options separately.

The above seller has a wall mount variety but its still 300+ dollars and requires you to screw into your wall. I would experiment with suction cups or pressure mount instead.

Xhulio Tusha

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Aug 31, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hello @biophase I was interested in selling care packages and snack packages on eBay, Amazon, and making a website for the brand. I have done the numbers and would be buying my products from Costco. So I have chosen assorted snacks from Planters cashews to Pringles to Cheez-it to Oreos, etc. All of these items come in bulk and are usually anywhere from .20 to .60 cents a unit. I have done the math and for 872 total units it will cost me around $440 with tax. That's about $0.50 / unit. I have over 25 products so there is a wide variety. There are a decent amount of competitors but the competition lacks professional appearance and most of them are selling multiple other items and aren't focused on just the care packages. I would offer multiple package deals. I must do the numbers for those still. So my question is.. What can I do different to knock out the competition and how do I get attention on my product verses the top AD on Amazon and eBay? Also, do you think it would be stronger to start a brand and sell through a website? The thing is I calculated the cost of everything and if I sold a package with 25 units for $23 with shipping and selling fees. I would only be making around 2-3 a box which is ridiculous and not worth my time.. So do I create a brand with a strong and professional appearance and charge more? Thanks! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178F8N6W/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W3MASZU/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

1. There a not a lot of SETS in this section

2. Prices are not bad, is a luxury item i guess. But if you like too cook you need really one of those.

3. It seems some lack of Quality if you look at the reviews (this could be the chance?)

Maybe biggest problem to get a manufacturer who can deliver high quality for a good price??

Take a look at the knifes offered by Jesse James. These are very high quality, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't make every knife himself, but puts his name on the product, much like his firearm line, and reaps the benefits.
Shop

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Take a look at the knifes offered by Jesse James. These are very high quality, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't make every knife himself, but puts his name on the product, much like his firearm line, and reaps the benefits.
Shop

looks at first sight not bad but why the heck he is selling 5 knives and 1 glas of honey on his website? xD

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
Except that you also have to put a new bulb in, which would now be loosening the head.

This could actually be a lot worse because if it comes loose when you're trying to remove an old bulb, at least it will stay stuck to the bulb, but if it could unscrew when you're putting in a new one, the new bulb might not be fixed in the attachment yet and it could come crashing down on your head.

Great point! What about a head that has little spring loaded push pins (I don't know what else to call them) that lock into holes on the pole? Like those that are used in many sport/beach shelters.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
looks at first sight not bad but why the heck he is selling 5 knives and 1 glas of honey on his website? xD

Jesse James has a spot of land in Texas where he raises bees, and builds different stuff. Its like a pet project.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
I'd probably make a product pretty close to theirs, add grommets, and rebrand it. They seem to focus on the RV market. I'd market it more to camping, survivalists, and emergency prep.

There's also a healthy line of accessories for this. Hose adapters, pumps, maybe a shower attachment, and stackable containers to hold the bladder.

That's where I'd take this product.

I saw something similar, but I cant remember exactly where. The product I saw, you put in the bathtub, fill it with water, and it came with a pump so you had water in the event of a total loss of plumbing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.