The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I can't get my a$$ up and work.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Hi @YoungnBroke ,

thanks for sharing your current 'problems'...

And great you keep coming back, even though some people have not been really nice to you (to say the least)...

How did you feel before the 2nd wave? Like a year ago? Were you 'happy'? Is current situation temporary?

While I don't like giving direct advice...

You could read @DarkKnight 's story here:

To start your day, or even now?...

Maybe you can DM him afterwards and ask him some questions. You don't have to get out of your bed even... You could use the same tools you are using currently to spend time...

And you also might find some help - counselling or therapy - it really helps with these kinds of problems, as the times now are difficult and uncertain, a lot of people are suffering... Internet forums are pretty bad at this, in my opinion, and you can easily follow advice which is harmful to yourself.

Let me know your thoughts @YoungnBroke and haave a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

999michaelh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 20, 2021
OP, I believe the solution to your problem of laziness and procrastination lies in an inner journey to yourself. There are two parts of yourself that are in conflict with each other -- the 'lazy-worker' you who doesn't wanna do shit and then there's the one who wants to accomplish all of those dreams.

Both of these sides need to want it bad enough. Forcing yourself to do things and 'motivation' may work in the short term but won't last if you need to run a marathon.

My advice to you would be to go do some of the things you can only afford to do after you've succeeded, after you've made the money. Rent out the stuff you wanna experience for a little while, and know for real what you're missing on.
Take a first class flight if that is what really appeals to you, rent out the best log cabin in the woods that money can buy and spend time for a little while there if that is what you really want to do AFTER you have the money. Know and experience what you're missing on.

If you really, truly want those things and get to experience them even once, you won't be able to sleep after they are taken away from you. Your living life will become hell and through those tears you will meet a warrior inside you that has been sleeping all this while. If the things you go experience are superficial though and for the wrong (egoic) reasons, you will be back to square one but you'll know what 'dreams' are actually bullshit and it will become easier to identify what you really want.
Holy shitballs man. I just finished reading your story(your other post) and that was so inspiring dude. I quickly browsed ur profile and DAMN. "There are two parts of yourself that are in conflict with each other, the lazy worker and the one who wants to accomplish all of those dreams."

I only came to this realization a few weeks ago! I call it "hustle mode" and "lazy mode". I used to beat myself up whenever I acted lazily 'cause I would label myself as such. But now I just say "gotta keep lazy mode to a minimum"

That's the first time I've ever heard someone else say the same thing about the 2 modes! How awesome! Or maybe I'm just living under a rock...

I've also started applying this '2 modes' idea to a lot of stuff! Good, evil... smart, idiotic. It helps me get rid of negative labels. So helpful!

DarkKnight

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 3, 2020
Holy shitballs man. I just finished reading your story(your other post) and that was so inspiring dude. I quickly browsed ur profile and DAMN. "There are two parts of yourself that are in conflict with each other, the lazy worker and the one who wants to accomplish all of those dreams."

I only came to this realization a few weeks ago! I call it "hustle mode" and "lazy mode". I used to beat myself up whenever I acted lazily 'cause I would label myself as such. But now I just say "gotta keep lazy mode to a minimum"

That's the first time I've ever heard someone else say the same thing about the 2 modes! How awesome! Or maybe I'm just living under a rock...

I've also started applying this '2 modes' idea to a lot of stuff! Good, evil... smart, idiotic. It helps me get rid of negative labels. So helpful!
Glad to know you found inspiration in my story.
Now, the rabbit hole of the two sides runs real deep. All I will say is you have to respect and love and be compassionate about the "lazy" side. If you don't, it will seek revenge on the "hustle side" and by God, you can't have a better friend or a worse enemy than this side of you.

Not just learn to live with it, but respect it and love it. That's also where ideas come from.

If you wanna dig down the rabbit hole, you may want to read some "Carl Jung" and specially his work on the "shadow".

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Get out of your current environment. Are you living with Mammy & Daddy?

Read a book called The War of Art which is about procrastination.

Mikewee777

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 11, 2021
Hello fellow fastlaners,

I was off here for a bit of time but I signed up on fastlane again because I am a bit desperate. Since the 2nd quarantine wave began in my country I am constantly struggling.
I really can't start working and when I wake up I just stay in bed for 3 hours and watch videos on my phone after that I make myself breakfast and then I watch Netflix series for 6 hours. After that, I do the bare minimum that I have to do for school and business most times I don't even do that. I'm in a slump and I want my life to change but I just can't everything that I do takes so much energy. Caffeine doesn't help me anymore and taking modafinil every day is also not an option. If anybody has a suggestion for me I would love to hear it.

Have a great day!
You are making me feel better about my current situation.
(619) 415-1309

My name is Michael Richard (36)
I am a over-night security guard who is seeking a room in the expensive city of San Diego California where a studio in these skyscrapers costs $1600 to $3200 . I have been with this company for a year. I only did this job because the pandemic killed my valet job. I would do daytime house cleaning for a living if I could secure a suitable contract .

I do not smoke or drink.
I am very boring guy.
Heretical but I will not impose my opinions on your faith ( because it often results in me being banned from social networking opportunities).

I know you are explicitly anti-zombie but I am vaxinated and my boss can confirm his ties to the actual umbrella company. One of my current roommates has chickens (and dogs) that make noise all day. They have a kitchen with a oven but they have no air-vent ; It is extremely smokey in here as a result of their refusal to open windows (the one that does opens doors only does it so he can smoke in a open doorway) . One of my roommates screams constantly over stomach pain from a open wound. One of his nurses attacked him. I do not need this drama. I need multiple streams of income but I keep getting scammed. Prices are only going up and I am running out of time.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Hello fellow fastlaners,

I was off here for a bit of time but I signed up on fastlane again because I am a bit desperate. Since the 2nd quarantine wave began in my country I am constantly struggling.
I really can't start working and when I wake up I just stay in bed for 3 hours and watch videos on my phone after that I make myself breakfast and then I watch Netflix series for 6 hours. After that, I do the bare minimum that I have to do for school and business most times I don't even do that. I'm in a slump and I want my life to change but I just can't everything that I do takes so much energy. Caffeine doesn't help me anymore and taking modafinil every day is also not an option. If anybody has a suggestion for me I would love to hear it.

Have a great day!
Hey dude, I just found this video today and it changed completely the way I looked at work. It makes it really easy to start and I highly recommend:
View: https://youtu.be/sRJ_mpJb4IY

Long story short:
Nobody is lazy 100% of the time. If you're lazy 95% of the time, dont beat yourself up. When you feel in the other 5% , take advantage to work.

Reward yourself after that work, and it will eventually grow to 6,7 ,10, 80%.

As for the other 95%, you want to commit to take action every day and make sure its easy enough not to skip it (e.g., meditate for 10sl seconds)

The key is to always do your best, whether it's 10 hours of work or 10 seconds.

Mark98

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 27, 2015
Seattle
Hello fellow fastlaners,

Have a great day
Thank you for your answer MJ actually I was procrastinating reading the tips for a day because I just didn't want to change but that will stop now my life is too precious for being a consumer for my whole life. And I hate being an unproductive piece of shit.
Hey YoungnBroke. Check out this video. It will help you to find motivation and overcome laziness. Laziness is a lie.
View: https://youtu.be/yuYwOA8P7yY

YoungnBroke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 21, 2018
Hey guys I am back,

I don't know if anybody cares about an update but I will still present it. I recently graduated high school with an ok gp I guess and am now maybe going to college. Regarding my laziness everything changed once I broke up with my girlfriend for 1 1/2 years a short time ago yk I lost someone who I really loved and cared about and I don't know why but this fueled me. I was working out before and I was doing a bit of business stuff but once that happend I wanted to show everybody on this F*cking world why I am the best and why one shouldn't let me loose. So I guess it somehow worked out all though I hoped not through that way. Thanks everyone for the replies I read all of them. I wish all of you a blessed day and a blessed life and hope everybody is hustling high performing and chasing his dreams!

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Discipline is your problem.

You've lived a life of escapism and now you feel terrible inside you want to escape more.

The thought of work conjures up more inadequacies , presenting more opportunity for escapism presenting more time lost. No pressure is applied to momentum and a cycle of de-pression ensues leaving you hating yourself, struggling and wondering why some people are just able to make it and you cant.

There isn't a quick fix. Motivation is a LIE.

Here's what I do with my business students -

Create an enemy, not someone else but the ideal version of you.
Imagine all of the women, money, status, happiness, independence, freedom, time that person has that you don't.

Now:

1) Make a list of the things he HAS that you don't.
2) Make a list of the things he DOES that you don't.

You want at least 20 items.

And now you have a challenge, once a week you must choose something that he does that you don't.

Simple stuff is fine like..

1) My enemy gets up in the morning and makes the bed so he doesn't have the option to sleep in it.

Sounds like nothing right? But if you don't stay in bed for three hours that's three hours you now need to occupy yourself with something.

Well we know research says that GYM and exercise are great to start with and you Enemy probably has a six pack and define muscles i'm guessing? So you know what's next?

2) My enemy does 50 push ups and 20x20x20 strength training - I MUST DO 6- push ups and 30x30x30 strength training.

You really need to imagine this enemy, out there now partying and enjoying his life doing business and making deals despite lockdown.

Your enemy has money? Well you NEED money, so now you need to look up how to get more than him.

If you do this sincerely you begin making changes which builds momentum which changes the chemical structure in your brain which enables you to have the energy to complete more in one day than most people can in one week.

GOOD LUCK!
iron mind program

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!