The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to overcome distractions

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There’s a part of you that fears change. Let’s call it your Lizard Brain.

It’s dumber than you because it wants to keep the status quo, even if it’s not the best in the long-term.

It’s smarter than you because it knows what will change the status quo.

When you have the sudden urge to do something else then see that as a message from your Lizard Brain that what you were about to do will make a difference to your future.

Smile to yourself and thank your Lizard Brain for letting you know it’s an important task. Then knuckle down.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 30, 2019
Good deal, this thread reminded to me to go re-read war of art and switch.

DaDream

Contributor
Apr 24, 2019
Miami Florida
My biggest enemy. Without doubt. Is the lizard brain. I have found that meditation really helps to quiet the noise from the lizard brain. However the further I keep pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone the more the lizard brain fights back to keep me in a state of comfort and fear. It's impossible to thrive in such a state.

I think the biggest accomplishment any man can do is to take control of their mind.

LinorCG

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Does it mean then that we can also categorise Comfort, Distractions, Fear as habits? Something ingrained in our conscious and sub-conscious mind that has triggers. To replace a habit, you create a new one, you create new triggers, a connections, new neurons, which is also considered as change.
hmmm...just thinking aloud! :jawdrop:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
When you have the sudden urge to do something else then see that as a message from your Lizard Brain that what you were about to do will make a difference to your future.
This. Feel like watching YouTube? Excellent! Now do the task you were about to do instead of YouTube; your future self will thank your present self for getting sh*t done instead of time-wasting.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
There’s a part of you that fears change. Let’s call it your Lizard Brain.

It’s dumber than you because it wants to keep the status quo, even if it’s not the best in the long-term.

It’s smarter than you because it knows what will change the status quo.

Smile to yourself and thank your Lizard Brain for letting you know it’s an important task. Then knuckle down.
Thank you for sharing this, Andy. Am going to start using a small plastic lizard paper weight on my distraction pad as a visual reminder to quiet the lizard part of my brain

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
This. Feel like watching YouTube? Excellent! Now do the task you were about to do instead of YouTube; your future self will thank your present self for getting sh*t done instead of time-wasting.
God damn youtube lol. It's my last really bad vice that I haven't managed to kick yet.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Meditation is by far your best asset in overcoming this issue. Do not underestimate meditation, it is strength training for the brain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
What’s the minimum amount of skills and knowledge needed to start the course ? This is...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock