The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to overcome distractions

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There’s a part of you that fears change. Let’s call it your Lizard Brain.

It’s dumber than you because it wants to keep the status quo, even if it’s not the best in the long-term.

It’s smarter than you because it knows what will change the status quo.

When you have the sudden urge to do something else then see that as a message from your Lizard Brain that what you were about to do will make a difference to your future.

Smile to yourself and thank your Lizard Brain for letting you know it’s an important task. Then knuckle down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

DaDream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 24, 2019
Miami Florida
My biggest enemy. Without doubt. Is the lizard brain. I have found that meditation really helps to quiet the noise from the lizard brain. However the further I keep pushing the boundaries of my comfort zone the more the lizard brain fights back to keep me in a state of comfort and fear. It's impossible to thrive in such a state.

I think the biggest accomplishment any man can do is to take control of their mind.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Does it mean then that we can also categorise Comfort, Distractions, Fear as habits? Something ingrained in our conscious and sub-conscious mind that has triggers. To replace a habit, you create a new one, you create new triggers, a connections, new neurons, which is also considered as change.
hmmm...just thinking aloud! :jawdrop:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
When you have the sudden urge to do something else then see that as a message from your Lizard Brain that what you were about to do will make a difference to your future.
This. Feel like watching YouTube? Excellent! Now do the task you were about to do instead of YouTube; your future self will thank your present self for getting sh*t done instead of time-wasting.

richstone.io

API and Automation Engineer Growing SaaS
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 28, 2019
Barcelona
Just yesterday made a major change/decision in life, so that this lizard brain part was successfully terminated.

Now after this post all uncertainty is vanished and feeling...

Attachments

• like a boss meme.jpg
    like a boss meme.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
There’s a part of you that fears change. Let’s call it your Lizard Brain.

It’s dumber than you because it wants to keep the status quo, even if it’s not the best in the long-term.

It’s smarter than you because it knows what will change the status quo.

Smile to yourself and thank your Lizard Brain for letting you know it’s an important task. Then knuckle down.
Thank you for sharing this, Andy. Am going to start using a small plastic lizard paper weight on my distraction pad as a visual reminder to quiet the lizard part of my brain

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
This. Feel like watching YouTube? Excellent! Now do the task you were about to do instead of YouTube; your future self will thank your present self for getting sh*t done instead of time-wasting.
God damn youtube lol. It's my last really bad vice that I haven't managed to kick yet.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Meditation is by far your best asset in overcoming this issue. Do not underestimate meditation, it is strength training for the brain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.