The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

twj97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Oct 6, 2016
For real? You make TWO calls and you give up? It takes a couple hundred to get some good numbers. There's a lot of potential sales, you have if you just call 100 people, two is not enough. Good luck man, you just have to keep at it.

I know this myself, that's the reason why I got straight back to it the next day. Just confidence to be honest, trying to make at least twice as many calls as I did the previous day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
For real? You make TWO calls and you give up? It takes a couple hundred to get some good numbers. There's a lot of potential sales, you have if you just call 100 people, two is not enough. Good luck man, you just have to keep at it.
True you need a way bigger sample size of calls to get results, because the conversion rate will be low.
@twj97 However props to you. Making 2 cold calls is more than 90% of the people who visit this forum will ever make (especially for there own business). Little action is better than no action. Just make sure to keep at it and build up some momentum.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
I know this myself, that's the reason why I got straight back to it the next day. Just confidence to be honest, trying to make at least twice as many calls as I did the previous day.
That means you'll be at 32 calls on Thursday, right? We're holding you accountable here ;)

Just play the numbers game until you work out how to get past all the common objections.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The first day was pretty unsuccessfully, only making two calls with the first not picking up and the second not getting to where I want. To be honest, I then gave up.

Folks, you don't need a 300+ book explaining success, why people fail, and why nothing ever changes.

This quote sums up why most people never succeed at anything. Of the 500,000+ posts on this forum, this tiny little sentence is probably the most powerful of all ... and few will fail to see why.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This thread has enough info to get started and enough info to figure out the pieces. I will keep updating it but try figure out parts of the puzzle yourself.
For example are calls better or emails? Do both and see what works best for you.

This thread, @codo3500 web development thread on the inside (even better success then me) and a few links people have left here to other similar stories have everything you will need. I think 6 months to get going properly and then 6 figures per year after that is quite reasonable a goal for those who put in the work.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Shout out to @maleek who made 250 calls this week. Has all the figures broken down and everything.

Pretty impressed, will be flying by the end of the course.

I have said it before but I expect some of these guys to surpass my figures after a few months. Hopefully he will update with his progress soon.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Shout out to @maleek who made 250 calls this week. Has all the figures broken down and everything.

I have said it before but I expect some of these guys to surpass my figures after a few months. Hopefully he will update with his progress soon.
Well done @maleek

Otonekwu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,900%
Sep 27, 2016
Hello everyone. My name is Victor and I'm a Nigerian. Finished my University education 2 years ago and since then I've been on the search for a great life. My parents took the slowlane and I've determined never to do the same. Read mj's book last month and joined the forum immediately after reading the book. I've never been in a forum before and kinda had a hard time understanding how it works. Was thinking I would make my first post a year from now because I felt I have no value to contribute. After reading a post on saying thank you even if u have no value to contribute I decided to write this post. Just want to say thank you @Fox for this thread, @MJ DeMarco for the book, @SinisterLex, @Andy Black and everyone who has ever posted on this forum, you guys are changing lives. God bless y'all. Going to take the codeacademy courses.

gabeb1920

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 1, 2016
Wollongong, Australia

Wow! Awesome effort @maleek bloody well done! :)

Sbshields

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Aug 23, 2016

Nice! Congrats @maleek!

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Earlier today I talked with a professional salesman from Canada. He sold website design for years for a Canadian company and was very experienced and helped me a lot, so I am here to share what he said. His company was selling around half a million per year (in my estimates).

My first question was how did he get over the anxiety of making calls?​

His response was to ask yourself why are you selling today. By asking yourself why you are there you will see your motive for being there, which will help you form the base needed to get your a$$ down on that chair and get calling.
After this he pointed out to take it easy, we are not brain surgeons - we are salespeople. It is nothing scary and is one of the easier jobs in the world. The ROI is amazing. Plus, as a salesman, you play a vital part of the economy and the business ecosystem. Withous salespeople, less things are sold, resulting in slowing down of the economy and the economic growth. So you are actually doing a bad service for society if you aren't selling.

Next, realize that you have a positive impact on the lives of these people. You are helping them get more business, more leads and more money.
His next tip was getting yourself detached from the sales activity. Realize that the sales process and the results thereof are only results of the position of salesman, not your personality or character. When they say NO, they are not saying NO to you, they would be probably saying it to any salesperson calling them at that time. So it's nothing personal, it's just that they don't need your services or that they don't have the money.

My second question was regarding the first touch he has with the company, how does he do it, what does he do with the gatekeepers and so on?​

What he said was to treat the gatekeeper as a friend. As they will be deciding whether or not you will talk to the decision maker, you have to make them feel respected.
Something else he mentioned was that you need to explain what exactly you are doing to the gatekeeper. He framed it similarly to this: "We increase the number of customers, we get you more business, more leads and more clients. The Internet is a vital part of the business world and if the company you work for doesn't get help, you might be out of a job in a year or two.

When he got to the decision maker he was brilliant in my opinion. Something I have personally noticed is the fact that when they hear the "How are you doing today" part of your script, they immediately put their guard up because of that hint of salesmanship. He got around this by starting the conversation with "Are you looking to increase your number of customers/sales/prospect (what you use depends on the industry). When he got the yes, he could initiate the conversation and if he got no it was probably a no sale and he called up the next guy.

Upon getting an appointment, he immediately sent the confirmation thing below via email. This sort of traps the calendar for the decision maker and makes them feel like they should be there. Note that you should only mark the call as something that will take 20 minutes, everybody has 20 minutes so getting the yes is easier. Instructions on how to do this.

curlsfordagirlstfkci.png

My third question for him was which arguments he used to get them to realize the importance of a new website, aka how to show the value of a redesign?​

The first 2 he used what I expected, which were the increase of sales and the value added to the business by having a responsive design.

But the second 2 were something else. First being, the fact that for deals with the size of $3k-$4k IT'S NORMAL to have the site made onWordPress. Arguments being, these themes were designed from website design veterans, people who have researched and studied design for years. They know that a logo goes top left all the time and that the language options go top right. That means, offering to build the website on Wordpress isn't bad at all and you can quote the client the custom design price, which is more than $10k. He then went on to connect the second thing with Wordpress by saying to the client that with their design, the client can add content, pictures and modify things with ease on Wordpress. All it took was one hour for the client to get trained and bam he the client got the C of the CENTS.

One final note was SEO, especially when calling small, local businesses. He used a common sense approach and told the client that all customers are looking for services in their cities through the internet. They do this by typing in "service+town" and open up 3-4 of the TOP results on the first page of Google. If the client isn't there, he is losing an enormous number of sales to competitors. I think that this scare + common sense tactic is something huge and should work swell.

My fourth question was about price justification.
His answer was to get the client to see absolutely every ounce of value you will get them. Only then start discussing price and use the Breaking the Time Barrier approach Fox recommended. I would add another book, which I think is much better as it goes to the core of the issue, helps you get it better and is more helpful, which is "Value-Based Fees".

My fifth question was what does he use as CRM?​
He said that he and his team use Trello. I think that the picture below explains very well how do they do it, so I won't write about this anymore.

image.php
[/url][/IMG]
fortheguysrcslf.png

My sixth question was about tools he uses in the sales process?​

The first one was https://vocus.io/ to see when and if the emails he sent were opened. His tip was to call the guy immediately when he opens up the email, so you are still fresh in their mind. Also, if you know that they opened the email and you call them and ask whether they did, if they say NO, very often they won't buy.
The second tool was hunter's email extracting tool. He uses the chrome extension. He goes to decision maker's linkedin or social media and more often the not he can get their email with this tool.

My seventh and final question (we spoke for about 45 minutes on his drive at work, I got super early and was able to hustle into a convo with him) was whether he had any tips, tricks and advice to share?​

His response was that as a salesman, your task is to get better every day at your area of work. So, if you are selling web design, you will read about it everyday. You will read sales books, magazines and other materials. You should also be taking part in some communities related to what you do (guess you are doing that now).
His end-of-the-day metrics were: number of calls made, number of meetings booked and number of email sent. He shared this with his manager at the end of the day and used it as a retrospective on his performance.

Finally, he said that lack of passion in your company, product or service is going to slaughter the sale. The moment you are on the phone, if the person you are talking to doesn't feel like you are highly energetic and enthusiastic about what you are selling, YOU ARE GOING DOWN.

Ok, that wasn't his final thought. He also told me it important for the sales team not to be under huge pressure, especially at the beginning. However, having goals that will push them a bit and let them know what's expected of them is natural and you won't get far ahead without it.

I hope that was valuable and that it allowed me to give back to the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Earlier today I talked with a professional salesman from Canada. He sold website design for years for a Canadian company and was very experienced and helped me a lot, so I am here to share what he said. His company was selling around half a million per year (in my estimates).

His response was to ask yourself why are you selling today. By asking yourself why you are there you will see your motive for being there, which will help you form the base needed to get your a$$ down on that chair and get calling.
After this he pointed out to take it easy, we are not brain surgeons - we are salespeople. It is nothing scary and is one of the easier jobs in the world. The ROI is amazing. Plus, as a salesman, you play a vital part of the economy and the business ecosystem. Withous salespeople, less things are sold, resulting in slowing down of the economy and the economic growth. So you are actually doing a bad service for society if you aren't selling.

Next, realize that you have a positive impact on the lives of these people. You are helping them get more business, more leads and more money.
His next tip was getting yourself detached from the sales activity. Realize that the sales process and the results thereof are only results of the position of salesman, not your personality or character. When they say NO, they are not saying NO to you, they would be probably saying it to any salesperson calling them at that time. So it's nothing personal, it's just that they don't need your services or that they don't have the money.

My second question was regarding the first touch he has with the company, how does he do it, what does he do with the gatekeepers and so on?​

What he said was to treat the gatekeeper as a friend. As they will be deciding whether or not you will talk to the decision maker, you have to make them feel respected.
Something else he mentioned was that you need to explain what exactly you are doing to the gatekeeper. He framed it similarly to this: "We increase the number of customers, we get you more business, more leads and more clients. The Internet is a vital part of the business world and if the company you work for doesn't get help, you might be out of a job in a year or two.

When he got to the decision maker he was brilliant in my opinion. Something I have personally noticed is the fact that when they hear the "How are you doing today" part of your script, they immediately put their guard up because of that hint of salesmanship. He got around this by starting the conversation with "Are you looking to increase your number of customers/sales/prospect (what you use depends on the industry). When he got the yes, he could initiate the conversation and if he got no it was probably a no sale and he called up the next guy.

Upon getting an appointment, he immediately sent the confirmation thing below via email. This sort of traps the calendar for the decision maker and makes them feel like they should be there. Note that you should only mark the call as something that will take 20 minutes, everybody has 20 minutes so getting the yes is easier. Instructions on how to do this.

curlsfordagirlstfkci.png

My third question for him was which arguments he used to get them to realize the importance of a new website, aka how to show the value of a redesign?​

The first 2 he used what I expected, which were the increase of sales and the value added to the business by having a responsive design.

But the second 2 were something else. First being, the fact that for deals with the size of $3k-$4k IT'S NORMAL to have the site made onWordPress. Arguments being, these themes were designed from website design veterans, people who have researched and studied design for years. They know that a logo goes top left all the time and that the language options go top right. That means, offering to build the website on Wordpress isn't bad at all and you can quote the client the custom design price, which is more than $10k. He then went on to connect the second thing with Wordpress by saying to the client that with their design, the client can add content, pictures and modify things with ease on Wordpress. All it took was one hour for the client to get trained and bam he the client got the C of the CENTS.

One final note was SEO, especially when calling small, local businesses. He used a common sense approach and told the client that all customers are looking for services in their cities through the internet. They do this by typing in "service+town" and open up 3-4 of the TOP results on the first page of Google. If the client isn't there, he is losing an enormous number of sales to competitors. I think that this scare + common sense tactic is something huge and should work swell.

His answer was to get the client to see absolutely every ounce of value you will get them. Only then start discussing price and use the Breaking the Time Barrier approach Fox recommended. I would add another book, which I think is much better as it goes to the core of the issue, helps you get it better and is more helpful, which is "Value-Based Fees".

He said that he and his team use Trello. I think that the picture below explains very well how do they do it, so I won't write about this anymore.

image.php
[/url][/IMG]
fortheguysrcslf.png

The first one was https://vocus.io/ to see when and if the emails he sent were opened. His tip was to call the guy immediately when he opens up the email, so you are still fresh in their mind. Also, if you know that they opened the email and you call them and ask whether they did, if they say NO, very often they won't buy.
The second tool was hunter's email extracting tool. He uses the chrome extension. He goes to decision maker's linkedin or social media and more often the not he can get their email with this tool.

My seventh and final question (we spoke for about 45 minutes on his drive at work, I got super early and was able to hustle into a convo with him) was whether he had any tips, tricks and advice to share?​

His response was that as a salesman, your task is to get better every day at your area of work. So, if you are selling web design, you will read about it everyday. You will read sales books, magazines and other materials. You should also be taking part in some communities related to what you do (guess you are doing that now).
His end-of-the-day metrics were: number of calls made, number of meetings booked and number of email sent. He shared this with his manager at the end of the day and used it as a retrospective on his performance.

Finally, he said that lack of passion in your company, product or service is going to slaughter the sale. The moment you are on the phone, if the person you are talking to doesn't feel like you are highly energetic and enthusiastic about what you are selling, YOU ARE GOING DOWN.

Ok, that wasn't his final thought. He also told me it important for the sales team not to be under huge pressure, especially at the beginning. However, having goals that will push them a bit and let them know what's expected of them is natural and you won't get far ahead without it.

Check out zoho for a free crm. Cirrus insight for email tracking.

I don't use fear tactics to make a sale, I would never in a million years say that to a gatekeeper. A gatekeeper is more than someone who you have to get thru once. They're also the one thats supposed to relay your pitch and your message to the dm and if they don't like you they can just say "he's just some guy trying to sell us websites".

Always address gatekeepers by their name.

Sending a calendar appointment is mandatory, and go into Google settings to have it alert all parties 1 hour before. Otherwise they forget

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Check out zoho for a free crm. Cirrus insight for email tracking.

I don't use fear tactics to make a sale, I would never in a million years say that to a gatekeeper. A gatekeeper is more than someone who you have to get thru once. They're also the one thats supposed to relay your pitch and your message to the dm and if they don't like you they can just say "he's just some guy trying to sell us websites".

Always address gatekeepers by their name.

Sending a calendar appointment is mandatory, and go into Google settings to have it alert all parties 1 hour before. Otherwise they forget
I must disagree on the "fear" tactic thing. First of all, it isn't that much a fear tactic as it is something to nudge them in the right direction. You are not threatening them, you are letting them know that you are there to help them. Helping someone isn't going to make them fear you, nor will it make them dislike you, as you said in your next sentence. As for your other remarks, every salesman has their own preferences, I just wrote what both I and another proven salesman have used.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot for this in-depth write up of your conversation.
Measly rep+

Born-To-Run

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Sep 17, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Small update on where I am (will launch my own progress thread soon). On First day of making calls (two days ago as of this posting), I got my first potential client on the 13th call. He's a local business owner (Carpet dry cleaning) from a town I use to live in. The website I'm building for him is free and I made that abundantly clear; all i'm looking for is the experience, some word of mouth referrals and the first addition to my web design portfolio.

A note on the call, it was actually exhilarating to do, the guy had been contacted before by people from Germany! (We're Australian) to redo his website but he wasn't interested. These people are likely way more experienced than me. He mentioned through the call that he wants to branch into surrounding towns but is struggling to do so (Not a single SEO word for surrounding towns; jackpot for me).

I sold him on me being the one to redo his website because I was honest straight up "this is my first gig. You wont be charged because I'm new to this and I don't want to cost you anything for something that might not succeed, that being said I am committed to improving your website and in turn improving your sales. If you don't like the website I create you're at no obligation to use it", this attitude combined with the fact that I am a local has gotten me my foot in the door, the guy even said he likes my attitude (I was energetic, really stressed the importance of what I had to offer; improved sales).

So that's where I'm at right now, currently working on his website.

A question for those with more experience, Should I still be making calls? I'm not at the moment so I can focus on building the website so I have my first portfolio piece but I could be doing up to 3 websites at a time I reckon. Thoughts?

Last edited:

SuperDuper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 13, 2016
Small update on where I am (will launch my own progress thread soon). On First day of making calls (two days ago as of this posting), I got my first potential client on the 13th call. He's a local business owner (Carpet dry cleaning) from a town I use to live in. The website I'm building for him is free and I made that abundantly clear; all i'm looking for is the experience, some word of mouth referrals and the first addition to my web design portfolio.

A note on the call, it was actually exhilarating to do, the guy had been contacted before by people from Germany! (We're Australian) to redo his website but he wasn't interested. These people are likely way more experienced than me. He mentioned through the call that he wants to branch into surrounding towns but is struggling to do so (Not a single SEO word for surrounding towns; jackpot for me).

I sold him on me being the one to redo his website because I was honest straight up "this is my first gig. You wont be charged because I'm new to this and I don't want to cost you anything for something that might not succeed, that being said I am committed to improving your website and in turn improving your sales. If you don't like the website I create you're at no obligation to use it", this attitude combined with the fact that I am a local has gotten me my foot in the door, the guy even said he likes my attitude (I was energetic, really stressed the importance of what I had to offer; improved sales).

So that's where I'm at right now, currently working on his website.

A question for those with more experience, Should I still be making calls? I'm not at the moment so I can focus on building the website so I have my first portfolio piece but I could be doing up to 3 websites at a time I reckon. Thoughts?

Nice, how did you introduce yourself on the call?

Born-To-Run

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Sep 17, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Nice, how did you introduce yourself on the call?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene...d_calls_i_went_from_nothing_to_120kyear_solo/
I have a script I was following, I found it on this reddit thread which happens to be the same type of work; here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene...d_calls_i_went_from_nothing_to_120kyear_solo/

I started off with saying I was a small business owner looking to do some mutual business. I told him I'm a new website designer looking for my first portfolio piece and experience, offering my services for free. Some chitchat happened, I mentioned I was from his town. Everything else just went from there. Look at the script in the link, you should be able to get a feel for it from that.

Lumo

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
Germany
Outsourcing Copy seems to be really helpful.
My major problem at the moment is that clients need like forever for providing me the texts and images that they want to have on their website.
This seems to be a real headache for the clients, too.

So, I think it would be helpful to find a good german copywriter and providing this as another service.

Hey where are your from germany?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Should I still be making calls? I'm not at the moment so I can focus on building the website so I have my first portfolio piece but I could be doing up to 3 websites at a time I reckon. Thoughts?

Yes still be making calls. You always want another job ready to go when you finish any project. Try think 2 or 3 jobs ahead and then you can avoid a lot of the lulls in web design. Make a few in the morning before work and then a few more in the afternoon.

Also it is easier to sell when you don't badly need the job. Selling while you have a current project makes you sound more assertive and confident on the phone.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

curlsfordagirlstfkci.png

image.php
[/url][/IMG]
fortheguysrcslf.png

Thanks for posting this, lots of excellent points.

redthumb

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 5, 2013
Texas
Anyone interested in joining up into an accountability group, My goal is 250 calls this week and perfecting my sales script. Would be nice to hear more people and their approach. Where I'm at so far:

Completed Udemy Course
Completed 2 client websites for portfolio pieces
Gathered a huge list of Leads by hand to call and email. ( Going to try different approches )
(Referrals are the best but take a while)

Goals of this week:

Land first paying client
Make 250 Calls
Perfect my design work. I did all by hand but its not in me to really perfect it
Practice my copy writing

Last edited:

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Gathered a huge list of Leads by hand

If any of you guys are creating a list by hand, you could save time by using a web scraper on the yellow pages or Yelp - you can gather a list of 1000+ names in a spread sheet in less than 10 minutes.

Then you can manipulate the data in excel, make notes, delete names you don't want, etc.

I've used import.io - easy to use and does the trick.

It's a lot easier to cold call when you have a list of several hundred names in front of you instead of just a few, and this makes it a lot faster.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
If any of you guys are creating a list by hand, you could save time by using a web scraper on the yellow pages or Yelp - you can gather a list of 1000+ names in a spread sheet in less than 10 minutes.

Then you can manipulate the data in excel, make notes, delete names you don't want, etc.

I've used import.io - easy to use and does the trick.

It's a lot easier to cold call when you have a list of several hundred names in front of you instead of just a few, and this makes it a lot faster.
damn $300 a month is steep. might be able to have someone program a script for that price

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
damn $300 a month is steep. might be able to have someone program a script for that price

Forgot to mention - use the free version lol.

It works for what any of us would be using it for

Born-To-Run

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Sep 17, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Anyone here working close to my time zone? It's currenlty 3:25pm as of this post. Would be great to have contact with people working when I'm working!

Anyone interested in joining up into an accountability group, My goal is 250 calls this week and perfecting my sales script. Would be nice to hear more people and their approach

Hey mate definitely, I sent you a PM.

Born-To-Run

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Sep 17, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Small update.

Still only one client but from my cold calling today (Did 25 calls this afternoon) I have 6 potential leads, 2 of which are looking like they'll definitely lead to some work (need to send off email proposals to these leads).

Did mostly coding this morning for my clients website, I note that I spend way too much time designing then redesigning the layout (with experience I'm sure it will become easier), anyone else experiencing this? Also I'm having the same problem as another user above, it takes time to get the clients to get the photos you need from them, without them its hard to get a feel for a direction the website should go in.

Right now I'm targeting small business owners (Carpet cleaning electricians, plumbers, gardeners), none like the ones @Fox suggested at the start of the thread (Legal, mining, oil etc.). This is just to get experience. I feel like when I target the bigger clients the process should be smoother.

Alright well I'm off to fire off these email proposal then go scope out some some paid work on upwork.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Also I'm having the same problem as another user above, it takes time to get the clients to get the photos you need from them, without them its hard to get a feel for a direction the website should go in.
Are you talking to local companies? Do you have a camera?
What I did was shoot my own pictures along with some photostock ones and create the website with that. Prevents you having to wait, and can be seen as an extra service. "Here is your website, along with some decent quality photos of your business/office/etc."

Born-To-Run

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Sep 17, 2016
Perth Western Australia
Are you talking to local companies? Do you have a camera?
What I did was shoot my own pictures along with some photostock ones and create the website with that. Prevents you having to wait, and can be seen as an extra service. "Here is your website, along with some decent quality photos of your business/office/etc."

No camera and not local unfortunately, if they were I'd definitely go that route. That being said I have a friend (Lives locally to me) who is a photographer, shed love the work so whenever I can I will try and upsell my clients to getting professionally done photos.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.