The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Get Thousands of Instagram Followers in a Matter of Weeks!

Sasha Zvea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 20, 2015
San Francisco
Yes Instagram is a great platform for business & personal branding yet most doesn't realize it's potential and usefulness. I've started monetizing Instagram last month and my profit already exceeded 4 digit. 10 days ago my Instagram was over 160k (check my previous thread) and now has over 180,000 followers. It's all about creativity and being unique.
Just found this forum, so much interesting info. I've had my IG account since the guys launched over 4 years ago. Never bothered to ask them to place me on the suggested list, and never bothered to grow following so aggressively for monetizations purposed. But considering how much IG has grew in the past and the nature of my account ---> @sanfrancisco Definitely have a lot to learn from you guys. As well as contribute :)

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
Does anyone know how to turn the sound off on a Firefox tab? I've tried googling it and haven't found a solution. Websta.me always has loud, annoying advertisements that run every thirty seconds that I haven't been able to turn off. It prevents me from listening to anything else on my computer while the script runs. Any solutions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
One more question... Do any of you have any experience running this on a VPS? I'm going to be out of the country for about 5 weeks without my computer so I won't be able to do this. I figured I would just pay for Instagress during that time, but from using it during the trial period it seems painfully slow with followers. Using this method I would get around 50-75 new followers a day and with Instagress it's only maybe 10 at best.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
This guide really isn't anything near the best way for gaining followers.

Buy FollowLiker, or a similar bot, and follow the people who follow your competitors/any account in your niche. I gain 500-1000 per day just off of following, then I gain another 1k from SFS and paid shouts.

Also I would suggest to just stick to following/unfollowing/liking. Commenting often ends in account bans unless you are using a large amount of high spun, unique comments.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
The social media platforms like Twitter, Google+ have the concept of follow to get followed. Most of them unfollow as do not find your posts engaging. I want them to retain because of the post, wait for the latest even though they are not my target audience and yeah spread the word. Gotta try the firefox - websta.me

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
What do you think about services like AddMeFast to increase Instagram likes and followers, do those sites still work?

..or you could come up with something worthwhile that would bring plenty of organic results that could potentially be responsive for life.
Being worthwhile is irrelevant if you don't have social proof.

Many Internet celebrities take advantage of the gravitational pull this provides, but at first you need to create a minimum following to increase trustworthiness.

When you check Amazon, what appears to be better a new product with 0 reviews or the one with hundreds of comments?

Don't do what it SHOULD work, do what it DOES.

jec1521

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Oct 28, 2013
New Jersey
Be careful with instagress guys. I used it on my one account with great success, but I then used it on a new account and the account got banned. I am sure there is a way to avoid it, but I'm just saying that it could happen.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Apr 13, 2015
Hey I found something VERY interesting, I was googleing ways to upload pictures from the computer because in the past I've used Android emulators for Vine and WhatsApp.

There are many ways to do that but I found an official Chrome extension made by Google to use Android apps called ARC Welder.

It's intended for developers who want to test their apps somewhere before release, but anyone can use it.

It doesn't work with the store you need the Instagram .apk file which you can download using this website.

In short:

-Install ARC Welder and run it.
-Download Instagram from the store with the tool I posted.
-Open the apk you downloaded with ARC Welder.
-?????
-Profit.

Don't forget that's a beta so it may have compatibility and/or stability issues with some apps.

With this in mind, this could be automated if you have a desktop bot, I know a couple for Windows systems.

This means that if people is sending pictures to an email account just as the OP explained, you could make it download those pictures and upload them through ARC Welder, all automatically.

The con is that it doesn't discriminate good from bad pictures, so depending on the niche, full automation might not be the right option.

Lee Hyde

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jun 24, 2015
Derby, Uk
I actually did an experiment on instagram not long ago. Simply go onto a famous persons account, select "Followers" and go down the entire list following everyone! I got 1500 follows from following 5000 people..

now, depending on the original account, the likelihood is these new followers aren't interested in you entirely, but you'll still average 50 to 100 likes per photo.

Also to add, you can only follow 40 people at a time.

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
This guide really isn't anything near the best way for gaining followers.

Buy FollowLiker, or a similar bot, and follow the people who follow your competitors/any account in your niche. I gain 500-1000 per day just off of following, then I gain another 1k from SFS and paid shouts.

Also I would suggest to just stick to following/unfollowing/liking. Commenting often ends in account bans unless you are using a large amount of high spun, unique comments.

Exactly.

iMacros does its job but iss limited to instagram's API.

FL on the other hand, is way better.
It helped my brand grow steadily at 50-100 followers per day.

I've been using it since march..
and I increased my brand's followers by 10K in less than 4 months.

I only tested with likes though.
(I wounder how following would effect in followers that stick)

I stopped commenting for seeming too spammy and higher risk of getting banned like you say.

What's SFS btw?

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
Exactly.

iMacros does its job but iss limited to instagram's API.

FL on the other hand, is way better.
It helped my brand grow steadily at 50-100 followers per day.

I've been using it since march..
and I increased my brand's followers by 10K in less than 4 months.

I only tested with likes though.
(I wounder how following would effect in followers that stick)

I stopped commenting for seeming too spammy and higher risk of getting banned like you say.

What's SFS btw?

Are there like limits on FL? When i use imacros i try not to like more then 1249 pictures a day or they make me do the capcha thing.

troywebb95

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 23, 2015
It seems more difficult to monetize on instagram compared with the other social networks such as Facebook

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
I know but people do it. I know obviously there are paid shoutouts and brand stuff but I'm wondering if there is anything else.

imhax

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 25, 2017
sydney, australia
There are a few great instagress alternatives you can look at if you are trying to build a social following now that instagress has closed down. Here I my recommendations based on what I have tried so far.

1. Instaeasy
    Instaeasy basically can do all the things instagress could do, however it is more expensive than instagress was.

Pros: It is a cloud software so you can basically run it off the website after you set it up, and forget about it.
    Cons: It is more expensive than isntagress, and it does not have the overall functionality of mass planner (which is also cheaper!)
  2. Mass Planner
    Mass planner is a desktop software that basically is an all on one social media marketing suite. You can promote Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and much more.

Pros: Much more granular with what you can do with the software
    Cons: has a bigger learning curve than instagress, and needs to run natively on your desktop, or a VPS if you have one handy.
  3. Follow Liker
    This is also a desktop software that runs at $97 one off, but you have to purchase each module (instagram, twitter etc)
    I would much rather prefer paying monthly and having access to all the tools like we get with mass planner which ensures the dev keeps the software up to date, so I am just putting this here as an FYI but I wouldn’t really consider it as a viable option compared to the two listed above
Overall Recommendation:

If you are okay to run a VPS, I would HIGHLY recommend mass planner as it allows you to have a lot more control over the software than even instagress. This is where I have put my money and recommend.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKyYl3mNAo

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
I know this post is years old but it's a good place to make my point. I run an Instagram account my own personal hobby and through analytics and the right marketing was able to make it very successful. If you can surpass 1000 followers, that puts you into the 90th percentile of all accounts--be proud. The trend today is to use automated programs to find other users who like the same things as you do and get them to visit your page and follow you. They're real people, not Russian models or fake bots, and they interact.

While doing reconnaissance on an e-commerce niche food business for sale, one of their biggest selling points was over 10000 followers on Instagram. I looked the page over and noticed right away that their average like count was around 80-100 for each post. That means out of 10000 followers, they're only engaging between 0.80 - 1%. I think a large percentage of those were inactive bots that were purchased for credibility, and to a layman, I'm sure it does add a great layer of credibility, but an asset it is not. Get yourself a good analytics subscription, it pays for itself.

KingPong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jan 19, 2017
Poland
I started out, but I do some things different. I follow-unfollow random ppls who follow my niche. By that I make 120 followers in 24h. I have 9 fotos, and my lowest like count is 27, on the first foto, highest is 50 likes and 1 comment, rest is something about 30-36. iMacros doesn't work that much like I was expected. It's bring likes but per day maybe 7 followers(by 9-10h work of imacros).

I will be trying to hit 1000 followers before June.

BTW. Websta change te coding, and here is working script for iMacros:

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
REFRESH
TAG POS=1 TYPE=I ATTR=CLASS:fa<SP>fa-heart-o<SP>like-icon&&TXT:
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=29
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=30
WAIT SECONDS=31
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=29
WAIT SECONDS=31
WAIT SECONDS=32
WAIT SECONDS=33
URL GOTO=http://websta. me/tag/yourniche
WAIT SECONDS=32
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=29
WAIT SECONDS=31
WAIT SECONDS=31
WAIT SECONDS=32
WAIT SECONDS=34
WAIT SECONDS=36
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=29
URL GOTO=http://websta. me/tag/yourniche

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
There has been a lot of talk about Instagram on the forum lately. I have never been involved with social media marketing, but I decided to give it a try. It's free traffic, so what the heck.

I have managed to get 641 followers in just 7 days without paying a dollar, so I must be doing something right. I have experienced with a lot of things, and I believe, that I have now found the perfect (free) setup to maximize growth, while minimizing the work involved.

119pb0i.png

Without further ado, I present you the step-by-step guide to getting followers on Instagram:

1) Choose your niche. I chose an expensive outdoor hobby, but it's totally up to you.

2) Create your account, give it a good general name like "footballphotos", "footballdaily", "lovefootball" etc.

3) Download the app called "Get Followers" on the App Store. It's an app where you follow people to get followers. The goal is to get around 50 followers. You just need some traction to get started. Most of them will unfollow you within a week or so, but that's perfectly fine. Once you have 50 followers, go on and unfollow everyone again.

3) Go to yourniche | Tumblr and find around 12 photos you like (I'm not sure about the copyright aspect of this). Download them and upload them all to your Instagram account. Remember to use niche specific hashtags.

4) Download Firefox (it works best) and download the extension called iMacros. Go to www.websta.me and log into your account. Open up iMacros and upload this script:

I have been experimenting a lot with this, and this one works well. You will need to enter a hashtag where it says "hashtag1" and another one where it says "hashtag2". These two cannot be the same! This will keep the script switching between the hashtags and constantly liking the newest photos. 28 seconds is the absolute limit to avoid getting banned by Instagram, so don't edit this.

5) Go to the settings on your computer and turn off the screensaver, sleep function etc. so your computer will stay awake. If you have a laptop, remember to plug the charger in.

6) When you're not at the computer, open Firefox, go to www.websta.me/tag/yourniche and open iMacros, find your script, press "Play (Loop)" and enter "100" or something like that. This will prevent the script from ending.

7) Go to sleep or whatever, wake up with likes and new followers.

Remember to post photos once or twice a day, at least in the beginning.

When you get to +400 followers or something, create a new Gmail account for your Instagram and put this in your description: "Submit your photos: yourinstagram@gmail.com". People will start to send you their photos, so you don't have to do the work.

8) Download IFTTT on your smartphone and set up a recipe, where it sends an e-mail to your private e-mail, every time an e-mail goes to your Instagram e-mail. By doing this, you will not have to check your Instagram's e-mail at all.

9) Keep doing this until you hit your desired amount of followers.
This could be done with multiple accounts at once, but that's not something I'm doing yet.

You could also direct message accounts in your niche, and ask to do a shoutout for each other, and get a lot of exposure very easily.

I'm looking forward to reaching a few thousand followers, and start to monetize on this. If you're interested, I'll post again, when I get there.

Please post any questions you might have, and feel free to share your thoughts on this.
Giving this a try, but im confused on how to actually make the macro. I copied your file, but I'm not exactly sure where to go from there.

EDIT: Kidding! I figured it out and have it automating as we speak. I need to figure out how to do this for twitter now.

Last edited:

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
Also just a heads up for anyone trying this method-
Although the automation kept going, Instagram has an hourly post liking limit of 350 per hour. I hit it pretty quick even using @KingPong 's script.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I know this post is years old but it's a good place to make my point. I run an Instagram account my own personal hobby and through analytics and the right marketing was able to make it very successful. If you can surpass 1000 followers, that puts you into the 90th percentile of all accounts--be proud. The trend today is to use automated programs to find other users who like the same things as you do and get them to visit your page and follow you. They're real people, not Russian models or fake bots, and they interact.

While doing reconnaissance on an e-commerce niche food business for sale, one of their biggest selling points was over 10000 followers on Instagram. I looked the page over and noticed right away that their average like count was around 80-100 for each post. That means out of 10000 followers, they're only engaging between 0.80 - 1%. I think a large percentage of those were inactive bots that were purchased for credibility, and to a layman, I'm sure it does add a great layer of credibility, but an asset it is not. Get yourself a good analytics subscription, it pays for itself.

good engagement can never happen with fake or manufactured followers, the more people on IG that attempt the bot angle in my niche the better. because they aren't a threat. Organic growth and organic engagement is king on IG. Since the algorithm change last year its helped slow down fake accounts, if your followers aren't fans of your page it won't grow.

KingPong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jan 19, 2017
Poland
It will grow with good content but very slowly, point is that you're not a producer of this photos. A way better is to use IG as addition for your company/personal benefits. It's fun when somebody likes your every photo, and you have maybe 30-50 likes per photo, but it's useless when you don't charge anything from that. If you want monetize this, you must have minimum a few thousands followers. It's a lot better when you put your own photos, with your hobby/business.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 30, 2017
Australia
Hi there guys,

I have an iMacro i am playing with for Instagram 'likes' and it appears to like photos on the websta.me page (I can see the iMacro working and liking the heart symbol which turns red) but when i check the 'liked' section in the left hand menu bar those photos dont appear (the only ones that appear are the ones i have physically liked through instagram).
Does this mean that my iMacro isn't working?
Id also like to mention that i have manually liked and commented on the photos that i find under a hashtag and again the like doesnt come through when i check that exact photo on instagram, however the comment comes through. Is this potentially a site issue and something websta.me are working on?

Would appreciate any advice you guys may have!!!

Thank you in advance :)
M

tpjay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 19, 2016
Connecticut
There is are google chrome apps that can help you automate you social media. (I am currently using Everliker and Buffer (iphone))

Glenn-GFit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 10, 2017
London
I might be being a bit of a tech-tard here but i can't seem to find the steps for uploading script using the imacros sidebar menu when it loads up... there's no section that says about uploading script or am i meant to be putting this into another section?

I've had an extensive look around on both the site and the sidebar menu but couldn't find anything... please help!

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Like the OP mentioned to install the app by the name Get followers, I tried to search for it but I couldn't since it seems to be outdated. Does anyone else here have any better tutorial now?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.