The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get results

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
I know this is a very vague question but think of it like this; if someone put a gun to your head so that you can give the most valuable piece of advice in regards to these topics, what advice would you give?

There is a certain thinking and formula that is applied to everything that achieves desirable results, that's basically what I'm trying to bring out of everyone.

So what advice would you give regarding these topics, what would generate desirable results?

-Copywriting
-Sales
-Marketing
-Social Media Marketing
-Seo
-Mindset
-Finance
-Web Dev
-Product Development
-Branding
-etc

You can chose as few or as many as you want lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
I know this is a very vague question but think of it like this; if someone put a gun to your head so that you can give the most valuable piece of advice in regards to these topics, what advice would you give?

There is a certain thinking and formula that is applied to everything that achieves desirable results, that's basically what I'm trying to bring out of everyone.

So what advice would you give regarding these topics, what would generate desirable results?

-Copywriting
-Sales
-Marketing
-Social Media Marketing
-Seo
-Mindset
-Finance
-Web Dev
-Product Development
-Branding
-etc

I'd honestly suggest two big things.
(1) Look at the GOLD posts here and many of the books recommended by various users. People have literally given away close to a million bucks in free knowledge on this forum. Just this week and last, I got tremendous value and better understood how I need to build businesses from just two books recommended here.
(2) Figure out the theory behind what's being posted or shared. As you rightly pointed out, there is a certain way. However, discovery of this certain way comes only through continual learning and development. As you read and learn, you'll start to see common trends and through them, the certain way.

Good luck.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Man I'm so tired of people replying "read the book" lol, I've read the book like three times lol.

All I'm asking is imagine if you had to offer one piece of advice regarding these topics, what would you give?

For example in regards to marketing I would say something like; "find out what people desire and cater to those desires. Do whatever you can to help people and businesses reach success and make their lives easier, then personal success will follow. Also read these books and use these sources....."

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA
Man I'm so tired of people replying "read the book" lol, I've read the book like three times lol.

All I'm asking is imagine if you had to offer one piece of advice regarding these topics, what would you give?

For example in regards to marketing I would say something like; "find out what people desire and cater to those desires. Do whatever you can to help people and businesses reach success and make their lives easier, then personal success will follow. Also read these books and use these sources....."
I wasn't referring to "the book". Yes, the book is wonderful, so wonderful it's huge. I meant more the knowledge that has been shared and accumulated here along with the books that are recommended.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
I wasn't referring to "the book". Yes, the book is wonderful, so wonderful it's huge. I meant more the knowledge that has been shared and accumulated here along with the books that are recommended.

Nah not you, the guy above you lol.

I'll give another example, if I were to give advice on the limited knowledge I have regarding copywriting I would say;

"Read Tested Advertisement Methods, Gary Halbert's newsletters, and Breakthrough Advertising. Look through successful copywriting and advertisements and see what certain elements they share and implement them into your own work. Also, keep practicing"

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

So you want me to spend my time organizing all of this information into one concise post for you? You want me to do all of the work for you?

Have you even tried using the search function, or are you just waiting for someone to hand you a million dollars?

The only thing you're doing by asking for this information to be handed to you, is cheating yourself of the process of finding it yourself and developing your own ideas.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
So you want me to spend my time organizing all of this information into one concise post for you? You want me to do all of the work for you?

Have you even tried using the search function, or are you just waiting for someone to hand you a million dollars?

The only thing you're doing by asking for this information to be handed to you, is cheating yourself of the process of finding it yourself and developing your own ideas.

Nah dude I'm asking for advice, specifically on how to get results regarding these topics, I'm not asking for you to give me results. I'm not asking anyone to give me the specific elements that generate success for them, if it came off that way I am sorry. But you're not putting in thousands of hours to improve MY life, I am. Sorry I need help.

It would've literally taken you less time to offer some sort of advice, any advice, then to post what you posted. But your on your high horse and shit so whatever. Good luck in life

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Nah dude I'm asking for advice, specifically on how to get results regarding these topics, I'm not asking for you to give me results. I'm not asking anyone to give me the specific elements that generate success for them, if it came off that way I am sorry. But you're not putting in thousands of hours to improve MY life, I am. Sorry I need help.

It would've literally taken you less time to offer some sort of advice, any advice, then to post what you posted. But your on your high horse and shit so whatever. Good luck in life
My advice is to search it yourself. These are questions that have been asked hundreds of times already in the forum, AND have been answered a lot in the book.

So unless your fingers aren't working, I don't see why you can't navigate through these forums and find the answers you're looking for?

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
You want to get valuable information, give value first.

Which I did, and I'm sure this information would help everyone else, espiecially people that are in a similar situation compared to mine.

I once called someone who was on the Forbes List for advice and guess what, he actually picked up and answered and provided me advice.

If he can give advice then I'm sure others can as well.

You're being a pos

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

-Copywriting
-Sales
-Marketing
-Social Media Marketing
-Seo
-Mindset
-Finance
-Web Dev
-Product Development
-Branding
-etc

You ask/state "How to get results".

Then list a lot of different ways HOW to do things.

Are you too focused on individual ways HOW to achieve results, and not focused enough on the results you're trying to achieve?

The results you're trying to achieve are your WHAT and WHY - they're your purpose.

What's your purpose?

WHO are you trying to help?

WHAT are you trying to help them with?

WHY do they need that help?

Are you trying to help homeowners who are locked out of their house to find a local locksmith? Are you simultaneously trying to help locksmiths get found by local people locked out of their house?

If those are the results you're trying to achieve, then you'd take the actions necessary to get the results, and not worry about whether you're "doing" copywriting, social media, paid search, etc.

Are you too preoccupied with the tools, and not with the results you're trying to achieve?

I guess it makes sense to study those topics if you're studying business or marketing, or if you want a j.o.b. working for someone else.

If you want to run a business though, would you be better thinking less academically/studiously about it and just focus on doing whatever it takes to get a customer?

All we need to be in business is a customer - someone who will pay you to solve their problems, or entertain them.

It's really that simple.

I can picture a young lad knocking on doors asking to mow the lawn or clean the windows.

He hasn't over-complicated it.

He hasn't treated it as an academic challenge.

He likely thinks "traffic" is what he has to avoid when he crosses the road.

He likely wonders how to get his lawn mowing service in front of locals on Facebook, but is just going to do it instead of take a course on "Social Media Marketing".

He's likely never heard of "Social Media Marketing".

His goal is simply to find people he can help, and to get paid for doing so.

He'll do whatever is needed to achieve this goal.

Ask yourself WHO you're trying to help, WHAT you're trying to help them with, and WHY they need your help.

Worry less about HOW you're going to do it.

Do what's necessary, and at the time you need to do it. (And don't worry what label other people put on it, or what they think about it.)

Treat business less as an information-gathering academic exercise, and more of an action-taking wisdom-earning journey.

Hope that helps.

Further reading:

Last edited by a moderator:

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
You ask/state "How to get results".

Then list a lot of different ways HOW to do things.

Are you too focused on individual ways HOW to achieve results, and not focused enough on the results you're trying to achieve?

The results you're trying to achieve are your WHAT and WHY - they're your purpose.

What's your purpose?

WHO are you trying to help?

WHAT are you trying to help them with?

WHY do they need that help?

Are you trying to help homeowners who are locked out of their house to find a local locksmith? Are you simultaneously trying to help locksmiths get found by local people locked out of their house?

If those are the results you're trying to achieve, then you'd take the actions necessary to get the results, and not worry about whether you're "doing" copywriting, social media, paid search, etc.

Are you too preoccupied with the tools, and not with the results you're trying to achieve?

I guess it makes sense to study those topics if you're studying business or marketing, or if you want a j.o.b. working for someone else.

If you want to run a business though, would you be better thinking less academically/studiously about it and just focus on doing whatever it takes to get a customer?

All we need to be in business is a customer - someone who will pay you to solve their problems, or entertain them.

It's really that simple.

I can picture a young lad knocking on doors asking to mow the lawn or clean the windows.

He hasn't over-complicated it.

He hasn't treated it as an academic challenge.

He likely thinks "traffic" is what he has to avoid when he crosses the road.

He likely wonders how to get his lawn mowing service in front of locals on Facebook, but is just going to do it instead of take a course on "Social Media Marketing".

He's likely never heard of "Social Media Marketing".

His goal is simply to find people he can help, and to get paid for doing so.

He'll do whatever is needed to achieve this goal.

Ask yourself WHO you're trying to help, WHAT you're trying to help them with, and WHY they need your help.

Worry less about HOW you're going to do it.

Do what's necessary, and at the time you need to do it. (And don't worry what label other people put on it, or what they think about it.)

Treat business less as an information-gathering academic exercise, and more of an action-taking wisdom-earning journey.

Hope that helps.

Further reading:
Thank you for your brilliant insight.

As you can probably tell by reading my posts, I am young and new to all this. I've attempted multiple other ideas throughout the last few years and on each idea/business I've bailed during the beginning phases. I spent hours and hours on these businesses/ideas and then for whatever reason I stopped pursuing it. Everything happens for a reason though and now I've found something I know I can succeed in and help others succeed at the same time.

My problem is is that I REALLY want to get the businesses and people I work with results and sales, I genuinely want to do everything to help them. But due to my inexperience I am scared, what if I don't get them results? What if I disappoint them? There's money and emotions involved in this. But in due time everything will become as I envisioned it. Thank you so much for your response

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've attempted multiple other ideas

Change your wording. You haven't attempted multiple other ideas. You've tried to help or entertain different people, in different ways.

I've tried to help you with the post above. You're struggling with a problem we see all the time. I've tried to help people solve this problem with many posts and many recorded calls.

It's inspired me to write another post. Maybe that one will finally get through to some people?

Am I copywriting? Am I marketing? Am I doing social media (we're on a forum with people in it after all)? Hmmm... am I forum marketing? Am I growing an audience? Am I branding myself?

No, I'm just helping you overcome a problem I see other people have.

Will it make me money? I don't know. I don't really care either.

Something will come of it, and at the very least I've helped you get unstuck, and I've created another way of explaining how to overcome one of the biggest problems we see with people getting started in business and management.

PS: I don't know who the "we" is that we refer to. I just didn't want to talk about "I" and "me". It's a universal and well known problem, not just something I've spotted.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Change your wording. You haven't attempted multiple other ideas. You've tried to help or entertain different people, in different ways.

I've tried to help you with the post above. You're struggling with a problem we see all the time. I've tried to help people solve this problem with many posts and many recorded calls.

It's inspired me to write another post. Maybe that one will finally get through to some people?

Am I copywriting? Am I marketing? Am I doing social media (we're on a forum with people in it after all)? Hmmm... am I forum marketing? Am I growing an audience? Am I branding myself?

No, I'm just helping you overcome a problem I see other people have.

Will it make me money? I don't know. I don't really care either.

Something will come of it, and at the very least I've helped you get unstuck, and I've created another way of explaining how to overcome one of the biggest problems we see with people getting started in business and management.

PS: I don't know who the "we" is that we refer to. I just didn't want to talk about "I" and "me". It's a universal and well known problem, not just something I've spotted.
No more thinking for me, just doing. I have acquired the knowledge and now it is time for me turn on my instincts and help people just as a lion hunts his prey.

I will acquire knowledge through the process of action. I will overcome all doubts, fears, and irrationalities by only occupying my mind with thoughts of truth, service, and value. I will treat my mind just as a successful business owner treats and manages his business.

Sorry for the monologue, I want this more than anything, more than life itself. Thanks again

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
You guys are like those nerds that play video games and scoff at anyone that asks for advice, help, or tips.

Like I said, I once called someone on the Forbes list and that person gave me advice. If he, someone who has a hundred times more success than you have, can help I don't know what makes you so better lol. And his advice was more specific than I would ever expect

Kobe Bryant used to ask Michael Jordan for advice during games, and they were opponents.

Ali Maadelat, a millionaire marketer, once posted on the warrior forum asking for advice and seeking mentorship and guess what, people came out and helped and now he makes 500k a month.

And I'm sure there are countless other examples

You elitist nerd

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
You guys are like those nerds that play video games and scoff at anyone that asks for advice, help, or tips.

Like I said, I once called someone on the Forbes list and that person gave me advice. If he, someone who has a hundred times more success than you have, can help I don't know what makes you so better lol. And his advice was more specific than I would ever expect

Kobe Bryant used to ask Michael Jordan for advice during games, and they were opponents.

Ali Maadelat, a millionaire marketer, once posted on the warrior forum asking for advice and seeking mentorship and guess what, people came out and helped and now he makes 500k a month.

You elitist nerd
Ok.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC

You elitist nerd

Uhhhh... Someone needs to go..? @Andy Black @AllenCrawley

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC

You elitist nerd

You have to realize how you spoke isn't right man... You didn't show that you put any effort into any of the areas you stated, you simply asked "What makes me money, i need to do that now" Have no interest in what you were trying to do, and just want to make money.

it really doesn't seem like you have read the book.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014

And what did you do with that advice? Did you make any $$$? Sounds like you have yet to start and thus waste his time, which coincidentally is worth much more in the time he spent talking to you than you have probably made since that phone call.

Don't waste ours by being defensive when you get called out. People here who have created insanely successful businesses and lifestyles don't need to waste time talking to a wall.

Be open. Be humble. The point of advice is to understand new perspectives, which you are seemingly very closed off to.

Right now you are coming into somebodies house with no history, wearing shoes in the house and calling our decor ugly.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Some of you guys are ridiculous. All I did was ask for advice, if I came off the wrong I am sorry. All I was attempting to do was trying to explore the different mindsets and fundamental ways of thinking people approach these certain fields of business and ways of doing business, as well as exploring the sources that have helped them. For example, many basketball players approach their craft in numerous ways, some approach it with a mentality of dominating the competition and others approach it in more free and stoic way without attaching any importance to the results, and so on so forth. Watch the documentary Kobe Bryant's Muse, his mindset is crazy and certainly one that resonates of true success.
here's a short clip

If I was not open and humble I wouldn't be asking for advice. People who are arrogant and close minded don't usually go out seeking advice and help, and then mentioning how they are scared due to their inexperience and young age. I did not know seeking advice, asking for help, being honest and vulnerable, and expressing gratitude upon receiving advice are traits of the arrogant and close minded.

I've read the book almost three times, on the third time I stopped close to finishing it. So please stop overstating that I need to read the book, maybe you need to read the book again as well.

I want to thank Andy Black for actually giving me advice, he saw that I had an incorrect way of thinking and respectfully tried to correct in a way to further my success. The rest of you did nothing of value and simply wasted your time posting in this thread.

I'm trying my best and doing whatever I can, I'm not even old enough to drink yet. I've already sacrificed a lot, I'm close to putting in my 10,000 hours in my craft(s).

If you wanna continue attacking me go ahead.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
And what did you do with that advice? Did you make any $$$? Sounds like you have yet to start and thus waste his time, which coincidentally is worth much more in the time he spent talking to you than you have probably made since that phone call.

Don't waste ours by being defensive when you get called out. People here who have created insanely successful businesses and lifestyles don't need to waste time talking to a wall.

Be open. Be humble. The point of advice is to understand new perspectives, which you are seemingly very closed off to.

Right now you are coming into somebodies house with no history, wearing shoes in the house and calling our decor ugly.
I'm still attempting to implement it into tangible ideas and creating ways of helping people. Before you go out and try things, espiecially in business, you need the proper information and knowledge to help you get started. It is foolish to enter something blindly. However, I do admit that my gathering of information, advice, and knowledge has hindered me from taking action but that is changing. Soon all will become as I have envisioned it.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
You have to realize how you spoke isn't right man... You didn't show that you put any effort into any of the areas you stated, you simply asked "What makes me money, i need to do that now" Have no interest in what you were trying to do, and just want to make money.

it really doesn't seem like you have read the book.

You posted a rant thread, one that stated your problems of how it's been difficult for you to find a niche to profit in, how you've failed to get results. Is my thread that different from yours? Is it not hypocrisy to criticize what I have posted?

This is not just about making money, but making money is certainly an element that everyone has self interests in no matter how righteous they are. Would you spend countless hours of looking for a niche to make a PROFIT in if it did not make money? But you're right, its about helping people first and providing value. It's about impacting people and as a result of that you receive money, that is my priority. But to impact people you need to gather the proper information and find a way to generate that into results that solves the problems and fulfills the desires and needs of people.

I actually commented in your thread with a positive note too

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016

Aside from myself, no one has posted in this thread more than you have. All you have done is provide comments of no value or substance. If you are so invested in this thread why not provide some beneficial information or attempt to correct the faulty mindsets that I was expressing? What successful person would invest their valuable time into an internet online forum without the intention of receiving or giving information? Because that's exactly what you have done.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Alright, I'll bite.

I love books, so here is my recommeded readings. Some are mindset, others are finance. (no particular order)

That's my advice...READ.

Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco (duh)
Ego is the enemy by Ryan Holiday
How to be an imperfectionist by Stephen Guise
Mini Habits by Stephen Guise
How to fail at almost everything and still win big by Scott Adams
Get Serious by Brett Osborn
Gorilla Mindset by Mike Cernovich
How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
The wolf of wallstreet by Jordan Belfort
The 33 strategies of war by Robert Greene
Life's golden ticket by Brendon Berchard
Death by meeting by Patrick Lencioni
The power of habit by Charles Duhigg
Total money makeover by Dave Ramsey (see if anyone here questions this one lol)
No more mister nice guy by Robert Glover
7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey
Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
48 laws of power by Robert Greene
Mastery by Robert Greene
50th law by Robert Greene & 50cent

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Before you go out and try things, espiecially in business, you need the proper information and knowledge to help you get started.

That's just an excuse for not taking action. There are plenty of things you can be doing that do not require any capital investment upfront.

Do you know how to register your business? Licenses? Do you understand how tax laws work in your state? How are you going to market your product/business? Website? Do you have the connections you need? How much capital do you ACTUALLY need, to the dollar? Have you done any market research or validation for your business? I could go on and on.

Mentality is the foundation for a successful business. The mentality you are presenting is one that justifies your reality and makes excuses for when someone else tries help you grow mentally.

However, I do admit that my gathering of information, advice, and knowledge has hindered me from taking action but that is changing. Soon all will become as I have envisioned it.

But sounds like you got it all figured out. Let us know how it goes. Hope you can come back and prove us wrong :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.