The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Get Free Traffic from Search Engine Optimization

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Sure. What did you do to cause the up-tick WE 23/6? Was it a specific action or a combination of factors?

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Amazing traffic!

I’m working on SEO at the minute. Our site used to rank quite well and we were getting steady traffic but only talking 5-600 a day.

Recently we’ve dropped to 200 a day and sales have crashed as a result so desperately need to get the traffic growing again.

I’ve written unique META descriptions and titles for every single category. Next I’ll be writing unique descriptions with internal links to key pages.

Then the same with products. Our best selling products already have unique descriptions.

Am I doing this right or should I be doing more / something else as well?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
Sure. What did you do to cause the up-tick WE 23/6? Was it a specific action or a combination of factors?
I've updated the image with the latest stats. That was a spike in search volume for a particular keyword I was already ranking for.

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
Amazing traffic!

I’m working on SEO at the minute. Our site used to rank quite well and we were getting steady traffic but only talking 5-600 a day.

Recently we’ve dropped to 200 a day and sales have crashed as a result so desperately need to get the traffic growing again.

I’ve written unique META descriptions and titles for every single category. Next I’ll be writing unique descriptions with internal links to key pages.

Then the same with products. Our best selling products already have unique descriptions.

Am I doing this right or should I be doing more / something else as well?
Get some backlinks.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
So I have a project where its a content sitebuilt on googlesites and all the "juice" is coming from other google properties (youtube , pdf's from dropbox etc)

Have you found that google gives a bonus to ranking when backlinks and things are all in its ecosphere?

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
What is the fastest way of gaining quality back links? I’ve reached out to blogs that wrote about my competitors a couple years ago but have not gotten any luck

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Hi @SparksCW
Do you have any idea of what caused the drop in the Google ranking?

Yes I think so, we've made a few mistakes in the past 12 months with regard to not producing enough content, not adding new products and basically not working on SEO enough.

Our CTR has dropped 100% since we launched our new Magento 2 site, I'm not entirely sure why, if it's the site or just coincidence as Brexit is causing a bit of slow trade. Either way we're relaunching our site on Shopify to fix most of the bodged Magento issues and I'm putting a lot more effort into SEO in the hope that we'll bounce back quite quickly. Fingers crossed.

Ttutorial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Sep 16, 2019
Any suggestions about the Google zero ranking? Curious about it though I think it's impossible for most small sites owners to win a featured snippet.
:'(

@Cédric

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 10, 2019
France
Hi there, :D

Anyone (and @Danny01 specifically) knows where can I find an efficient SEO formation wich permit to have good sales results ? For the moment I only use Fb & Insta Ads and I would like to stop it because it could be very expansive and not always efficient...

Thanks in advance :)

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
What would you do on a website that did absolutely nothing about SEO first of all?

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
What would you do on a website that did absolutely nothing about SEO first of all?
1. Optimize the pages for Google crawlers to understand what the content is all about.
2. SEO is Competition, so I need to outrank a lot of sites which means I'll need to build backlinks.

Danny01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jan 20, 2019
What is the fastest way of gaining quality back links? I’ve reached out to blogs that wrote about my competitors a couple years ago but have not gotten any luck
Create you own backlinks when starting out. Maybe buy a few domains host it on Wordpress, publish related content, link out to your site and to other high quality websites in your niche to make it natural. Google will index the links and watch your rankings skyrocket.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Is a shop built with shopify anything other than a homepage built with maybe wordpress? When I want to get trafic to that shop?

Menery

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 22, 2019
Do you use gstacks? Cloud stacks? how many tiers do you built backlinks too?
Awesome stats.

JordanAvery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 24, 2020
Miami
Hi there! I've read a lot of information about this, but still nothing concrete, so I want to know your opinion. People say that backlinks are not efficient anymore, and we should concentrate on other strategies. What do you think about that? As much as I know, back in the day, this was the most efficient method to gain traffic to your website, and backlinks worked perfectly fine, but I keep hearing that this is already not working. I was looking for an SEO company to help me level up on Google and chose justseo.co.nz, but this rumor made me curious. Either way, if you can clarify this question, I will be grateful.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.