The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to get feedback from page visitors?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

LHXS

Contributor
Jul 31, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi all... Am looking for a little advice if you would be so kind.

I have a content site that ranks well for basically one page in Google. I want to expand out the content and services for visitors, but want to get feedback from them as to what they would value.

Seeing as visitors don't tend to 'browse' around the site, how would you go about engaging them to find out their needs?

For example....
Chat window/bot
Email sign up
Survey popup
Engage elsewhere (eg start a social presence and maybe FB Group etc).

I done want to tank the online ranking page I have but I really do want user feedback as to 'how to office more'.

Wouldn't really appreciated your advice and good ideas.
Many thanks

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
Intercom.com is also nice.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@johnp has a plug-in that could help.

johnp

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Brill - thanks. If he doesn't chime in here, I'll PM him
Yeah you could setup a simple survey with my tool and have it pop-up. It's like an interactive form tool that could be used as a survey. Although price would probably be an issue of that's all you would use it for. I don't want to link it because I don't really want to self-promote.

Other than that, you could try Hotjar's survey tool. I've used it in the past with success.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 18, 2014
NS, Canada
If anyone has a Shopify store and is looking to get feedback from customers I built an app for my own store to provide surveys for just this purpose. It's style is more customizable than hotjar so likely fits better with your theme. The app is currently unlisted but is fully functional, simple to use and I am considering listing it on the app store (I built it to scratch my own itch and also get experience with Shopify app platform - I'm a professional dev fwiw) but I'm sure it could be useful for others). If anyone wants to try it, DM me and I can give you an install link (installing private apps is basically the same as installing through app store just without listing). I'd be interested to get feedback from other users.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread which was started about getting feedback on content sites but thought Shopify store owners may be looking for something similar and find this thread. So please DM me any questions if interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LHXS

LHXS

Contributor
Jul 31, 2020
United Kingdom
If anyone has a Shopify store and is looking to get feedback from customers I built an app for my own store to provide surveys for just this purpose. It's style is more customizable than hotjar so likely fits better with your theme. The app is currently unlisted but is fully functional, simple to use and I am considering listing it on the app store (I built it to scratch my own itch and also get experience with Shopify app platform - I'm a professional dev fwiw) but I'm sure it could be useful for others). If anyone wants to try it, DM me and I can give you an install link (installing private apps is basically the same as installing through app store just without listing). I'd be interested to get feedback from other users.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread which was started about getting feedback on content sites but thought Shopify store owners may be looking for something similar and find this thread. So please DM me any questions if interested.
Very interesting. Probably not one I can use, but thanks for sharing.
My biggest issue is that NOBODY fills in a form/popup. I've had thousands of visitors and ZERO feedback.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 18, 2014
NS, Canada
My biggest issue is that NOBODY fills in a form/popup. I've had thousands of visitors and ZERO feedback.
Are you offering them anything to fill it out? I offer a discount code and have a 4-5% response rate. Can you think of a way to incentive visitors to fill it out and then prominently display the offer. I indicate in the headline "Want X% Off" and then the copy is something like "We'd love to get your feedback. Would you complete a short survey? It should only take a minute and we'll reward you with a discount code for X% off of your order."

That's followed by two buttons continue and no thanks.

I think the big things are

1 - Give them a reason to fill the survey out, it's their time afterall.
2 - Indicate the survey is short, that's why I throw in should only take a minute. People may be worried the survey is too long.

You may also want to play around with when you trigger the survey. I trigger mine after 30 seconds on the page. If triggering too soon they may just dismiss it. You may want to try on different pages, etc.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom