The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get feedback from page visitors?

LHXS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 31, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi all... Am looking for a little advice if you would be so kind.

I have a content site that ranks well for basically one page in Google. I want to expand out the content and services for visitors, but want to get feedback from them as to what they would value.

Seeing as visitors don't tend to 'browse' around the site, how would you go about engaging them to find out their needs?

For example....
Chat window/bot
Email sign up
Survey popup
Engage elsewhere (eg start a social presence and maybe FB Group etc).

I done want to tank the online ranking page I have but I really do want user feedback as to 'how to office more'.

Wouldn't really appreciated your advice and good ideas.
Many thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Intercom.com is also nice.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@johnp has a plug-in that could help.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Brill - thanks. If he doesn't chime in here, I'll PM him

Yeah you could setup a simple survey with my tool and have it pop-up. It's like an interactive form tool that could be used as a survey. Although price would probably be an issue of that's all you would use it for. I don't want to link it because I don't really want to self-promote.

Other than that, you could try Hotjar's survey tool. I've used it in the past with success.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
If anyone has a Shopify store and is looking to get feedback from customers I built an app for my own store to provide surveys for just this purpose. It's style is more customizable than hotjar so likely fits better with your theme. The app is currently unlisted but is fully functional, simple to use and I am considering listing it on the app store (I built it to scratch my own itch and also get experience with Shopify app platform - I'm a professional dev fwiw) but I'm sure it could be useful for others). If anyone wants to try it, DM me and I can give you an install link (installing private apps is basically the same as installing through app store just without listing). I'd be interested to get feedback from other users.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread which was started about getting feedback on content sites but thought Shopify store owners may be looking for something similar and find this thread. So please DM me any questions if interested.

Last edited:

LHXS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 31, 2020
United Kingdom
If anyone has a Shopify store and is looking to get feedback from customers I built an app for my own store to provide surveys for just this purpose. It's style is more customizable than hotjar so likely fits better with your theme. The app is currently unlisted but is fully functional, simple to use and I am considering listing it on the app store (I built it to scratch my own itch and also get experience with Shopify app platform - I'm a professional dev fwiw) but I'm sure it could be useful for others). If anyone wants to try it, DM me and I can give you an install link (installing private apps is basically the same as installing through app store just without listing). I'd be interested to get feedback from other users.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread which was started about getting feedback on content sites but thought Shopify store owners may be looking for something similar and find this thread. So please DM me any questions if interested.
Very interesting. Probably not one I can use, but thanks for sharing.
My biggest issue is that NOBODY fills in a form/popup. I've had thousands of visitors and ZERO feedback.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
My biggest issue is that NOBODY fills in a form/popup. I've had thousands of visitors and ZERO feedback.

Are you offering them anything to fill it out? I offer a discount code and have a 4-5% response rate. Can you think of a way to incentive visitors to fill it out and then prominently display the offer. I indicate in the headline "Want X% Off" and then the copy is something like "We'd love to get your feedback. Would you complete a short survey? It should only take a minute and we'll reward you with a discount code for X% off of your order."

That's followed by two buttons continue and no thanks.

I think the big things are

1 - Give them a reason to fill the survey out, it's their time afterall.
2 - Indicate the survey is short, that's why I throw in should only take a minute. People may be worried the survey is too long.

You may also want to play around with when you trigger the survey. I trigger mine after 30 seconds on the page. If triggering too soon they may just dismiss it. You may want to try on different pages, etc.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.