The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get feedback for prototype of webapp I made?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Oct 28, 2023
From this post webapp I made a webapp (OChemCoach) for chemistry students to practice exams. I posted on reddit and discord groups I found catered to students. The discord group had some positive feedback, but I couldn't really pinpoint what features the app needed next.
Should I reach out to those who commented and ask? Create a survey or poll? Make a presale and if it reaches $100 that means that I have genuine market interest?

Open to suggestions. Plan is to move fast. If I don't get more traction, I plan to scratch this idea and make another app with the same frameworks involved that should hopefully be created even quicker.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
From this post webapp I made a webapp (OChemCoach) for chemistry students to practice exams. I posted on reddit and discord groups I found catered to students. The discord group had some positive feedback, but I couldn't really pinpoint what features the app needed next.
Should I reach out to those who commented and ask? Create a survey or poll? Make a presale and if it reaches $100 that means that I have genuine market interest?

Open to suggestions. Plan is to move fast. If I don't get more traction, I plan to scratch this idea and make another app with the same frameworks involved that should hopefully be created even quicker.
Seeing the webapp heres what I have observed-

1. Are the questions random? Or do they fall under some syllabus
2. Are you planning on improving the website? at least so that it looks decent

IMO, try to validate it with students. They are your prime target. Post it on reddit, discord servers (theres one called studytogether) etc. as you have already done.

Although as a student myself, why should other students by YOUR product? Why not just use anki or so many other websites available instead?

I am asking these not to discourage you but just to make you more aware from a consumer perspective

Anyway, great work on just 'starting' without wasting much time. Even if this idea fails you can take over the lessons from here to any other ideas

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Oct 28, 2023
Seeing the webapp heres what I have observed-

1. Are the questions random? Or do they fall under some syllabus
2. Are you planning on improving the website? at least so that it looks decent

IMO, try to validate it with students. They are your prime target. Post it on reddit, discord servers (theres one called studytogether) etc. as you have already done.

Although as a student myself, why should other students by YOUR product? Why not just use anki or so many other websites available instead?

I am asking these not to discourage you but just to make you more aware from a consumer perspective

Anyway, great work on just 'starting' without wasting much time. Even if this idea fails you can take over the lessons from here to any other ideas
No, for now they just go one by one pulled from the databse. Is it important to make the website look pretty? I figure student mostly care about the actual study material.

I've been tolk about Anki, but i need to see firsthand what it's like. My backup plan is to connect to ChatGPT AI so that the app can cater questions and explanations to the student based on what the types of questions/concepts they get wrong.

Yeah, I hope to move fast to see if I should kill this idea quick. In terms of feedback from students, they just say "its good/great/etc." but I dont think that really tells if there's a true demand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.