- Joined
- Jun 8, 2013
- Messages
- 477
Rep Bank
$1,330
$1,330
User Power: 156%
Hello Fastlane, been a while!
As the title suggests, I'm looking to set up a relatively simple wordpress membership site where the paid content is instructional videos. Having been out of the loop a while, I've been Googling the various aspects of the project to find out what services and software are best to achieve my desired goals, but I'm having trouble finding trustworthy info because all the services and software I'm looking at have affiliate programs, thus making it difficult to find legit reviews that aren't clearly biased and/or omitting known problems.
Thankfully, I know Fastlane Forum doesn't play that crap, so here I am.
What I would like to be able to achieve with the project in question:
Nothing too fancy, just a standard wordpress site with secured membership area in which viewers can stream the instruction video content they are subscribing for. Videos need to be streamable on all/most devices and be as protected as possible from piracy without killing the user experience.
Starting from scratch, here's what I've gathered so far (please feel free to critique if you know of better solutions):
What I'm still curious about:
As the title suggests, I'm looking to set up a relatively simple wordpress membership site where the paid content is instructional videos. Having been out of the loop a while, I've been Googling the various aspects of the project to find out what services and software are best to achieve my desired goals, but I'm having trouble finding trustworthy info because all the services and software I'm looking at have affiliate programs, thus making it difficult to find legit reviews that aren't clearly biased and/or omitting known problems.
Thankfully, I know Fastlane Forum doesn't play that crap, so here I am.
What I would like to be able to achieve with the project in question:
Nothing too fancy, just a standard wordpress site with secured membership area in which viewers can stream the instruction video content they are subscribing for. Videos need to be streamable on all/most devices and be as protected as possible from piracy without killing the user experience.
Starting from scratch, here's what I've gathered so far (please feel free to critique if you know of better solutions):
- Domain: Namecheap.com - This is what I've always used.
- Site Hosting: HostGator.com - Used in the past with zero problems.
- Video File Hosting: Amazon.com/S3 - Never used, but my research shows they are the best solution.
- CDN: Amazon CloudFront - Never used. Videos with be lengthy, so I think streaming instead of progressive download is the way to go here so users can skip around to various parts of the video with less delay.
- Video Player: JWplayer - Never used. Seems to work on pc and mobile devices.
What I'm still curious about:
- Wordpress Membership Software: The ones I saw mentioned frequently in my research were s2member, MemberPress, and Wishlist Member.
- Video Content Security: ???. Since the site is subscription based, I'd like the videos to only be streamable/viewable from inside the members area. I do not want users to download/save these video files, nor hotlink them. If they want to watch, I'd like them to have to log into the site. Protection from screen capture recording within the members area would be nice too. I'm unclear if the Amazon AWS services alone can meet all the needs listed.
- Subscription Management and Payment Processing: Google Checkout? Paypal? Amazon payments?
That's all I got for now. Please feel free to critique any and all choices. I'd like to get it right the first time. Thanks in advance for any help or direction with this.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
