The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I made $800 with my first cold email

Marketing, social media, advertising
U

User62861

Some people asked me how I did it, what's the secret or do I have any advice. I don't have much experience in cold emailing but I have red some stuff...

As some of you already know, I do logo design and branding for companies.

This week I've decided to expand my advertising to cold emails (did some amount in the past but that was just copy paste BS). I was browsing through Instagram and found a company that has a pretty bad logo. By checking their website, I had a lot of info; owner's name, what they do and a bit of their history.

I already did the same job for a similar company so that was an extra credit point for me in the whole story. Made my email as short as possible and highly personal. Short so we both don't lose time if a client isn't interested or he/she doesn't even reply.

After he replied, I made a longer email where I explained why his logo isn't good and it will cause him many troubles. He replied with: ''Yeah, I have difficulties with it and it doesn't look professional. Let's do it!.'' - this is a short version.

My lesson and advice to you:

- If you do cold emails (just starting), rather send 10 HIGHLY personal mails than 100 or 1000 copy-paste ones.

- Find a website, read About Us page, try to really care about their business.

- Find out owner's name.

- Don't send emails to businesses that you don't find interesting. If you like tech and cars, don't send offers to Mom's Fresh Cookies LLC.

*PS. Yes, we all know about Fiverr, 99designs, UpWork,...If you going to comment how you can get a great logo for $20, please don't. Logo design isn't just a pretty image, logo has to work. If you need a logo, read about it on Google first. Graphic design is like every other industry, you get what you pay for.*

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for sharing your experience. I get a few cold emails and they're all cut and paste trash. They get filed in the appropriate bin.

Another popular avenue for generating cold leads is LinkedIn. Apparently every web dev / digital marketer in the world is hip to this now, and it's gotten to the point where I won't accept connection requests from anybody in that space. All I get is ... cut and paste proposals.

You hit the nail on the head. They should be to the point, personalized, and targeted. I had some success with that precise method and share your experiences.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Business owners get 100 emails per day. How do you differentiate between the spam?

I have a friend of mine who told me that he only ever looks at 2 out of every 50 emails.

What sort of title/subject/heading catches people's attention?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
U

User62861

Business owners get 100 emails per day. How do you differentiate between the spam?

I have a friend of mine who told me that he only ever looks at 2 out of every 50 emails.

What sort of title/subject/heading catches people's attention?
It should be short and personal too. Dont make a title “Supper design for your company”, titled it something like “For John” if the John is the owner. If someone sends you an email lake that with your name, would you open it? Always ask yourself, would I open an email with that title.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.