• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

How I made $800 with my first cold email

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Logomet, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $579
    Some people asked me how I did it, what's the secret or do I have any advice. I don't have much experience in cold emailing but I have red some stuff...

As some of you already know, I do logo design and branding for companies.

This week I've decided to expand my advertising to cold emails (did some amount in the past but that was just copy paste BS). I was browsing through Instagram and found a company that has a pretty bad logo. By checking their website, I had a lot of info; owner's name, what they do and a bit of their history.

I already did the same job for a similar company so that was an extra credit point for me in the whole story. Made my email as short as possible and highly personal. Short so we both don't lose time if a client isn't interested or he/she doesn't even reply.

After he replied, I made a longer email where I explained why his logo isn't good and it will cause him many troubles. He replied with: ''Yeah, I have difficulties with it and it doesn't look professional. Let's do it!.'' - this is a short version.

My lesson and advice to you:

- If you do cold emails (just starting), rather send 10 HIGHLY personal mails than 100 or 1000 copy-paste ones.

- Find a website, read About Us page, try to really care about their business.

- Find out owner's name.

- Don't send emails to businesses that you don't find interesting. If you like tech and cars, don't send offers to Mom's Fresh Cookies LLC.

*PS. Yes, we all know about Fiverr, 99designs, UpWork,...If you going to comment how you can get a great logo for $20, please don't. Logo design isn't just a pretty image, logo has to work. If you need a logo, read about it on Google first. Graphic design is like every other industry, you get what you pay for.*

2. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,563
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I get a few cold emails and they're all cut and paste trash. They get filed in the appropriate bin.

Another popular avenue for generating cold leads is LinkedIn. Apparently every web dev / digital marketer in the world is hip to this now, and it's gotten to the point where I won't accept connection requests from anybody in that space. All I get is ... cut and paste proposals.

You hit the nail on the head. They should be to the point, personalized, and targeted. I had some success with that precise method and share your experiences.

3. Sebastya

Sebastya Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,952
    Yeah cold emailing is a profitable thing if you can nail your offer and open rate.

Logomet and ZF Lee like this.
  4. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,577
    Business owners get 100 emails per day. How do you differentiate between the spam?

I have a friend of mine who told me that he only ever looks at 2 out of every 50 emails.

What sort of title/subject/heading catches people's attention?

Logomet likes this.
  5. Logomet

Logomet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $579
    It should be short and personal too. Dont make a title “Supper design for your company”, titled it something like “For John” if the John is the owner. If someone sends you an email lake that with your name, would you open it? Always ask yourself, would I open an email with that title.

Lex DeVille likes this.
  6. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $170,387

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.