The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From digital nomad to 2 software jobs: unveiling my journey and crafting the blueprint for entrepreneurial freedom.

intotheabyss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Nov 19, 2023
Hello everyone! Finally, I’ve landed on this forum. First of all, I would like to give a big thanks to MJ for the The Millionaire Fastlane book!
Secondly, I am really glad that I found a place where there's a community of like-minded people who share ideas, discuss interesting topics, and are all interested in growing!

So probably it's a good time to introduce myself. I am a 31-year-old male from Ukraine, and currently, I am working online on 2 full-time jobs as a Software Product Manager. I was a QA engineer in the IT Industry at first, then a Project Manager, and grew into a Product Manager. Once I got my first completely online job in 2019 I went to South America for more than a year. I've lived in a few different countries, learned Spanish and Portuguese (which means I can speak 5 languages now), and had a great level of freedom.
I was 27 years old, earning a few thousand dollars a month, spending 30-40 % of it, living in Rio de Janeiro 1 block away from the Copacabana beach, and working a few hours a day. I felt like I hacked the matrix for a few months straight.

Once I came back to Ukraine, I learned that one of my friends, who's a senior Android developer is working on a few full-time online jobs at the same time and making around 20k - 30k $ each month. I thought "It should be stressful, and I am not sure about the ethics here", so I didn't plan to do something like that.

Once the war in Ukraine started, and men were banned from leaving the country, I thought "Well, I have to turn this shitty situation, and get at least something useful for me". So then I thought that if I can't travel right now, at least I can increase my net worth. And instead of starting a business, I chose to have 2 full-time jobs online. I managed it really well, and I have kept them both for more than a year already. Both of the employers are happy because I am delivering what I expected to deliver.

Right now I am making around 10k $ a month, and saving around 80-85% of this money each month (yeah, life in Ukraine isn't expensive). I already have a couple hundred thousands dollars in my savings.

BUT. This is a slow lane, and it's not what I want. I am not feeling satisfied at all, even if I am well paid. I know that there's muchmore that I can achieve and it will make me way happier. My global goal is to have great financial freedom because I want to have the freedom to do what I want and when I want (without a need to request PTO, ask if I can take a day off, and other bulls__t like that :)).
I also have a store on Etsy, and an Instagram account that I am growing for future monetization, but I feel like it's all the wrong way.

My plan is to:
  • Reach a certain amount of money in my savings (Do I need this goal, if I already have some savings that can be considered "well"? )
  • Leave both jobs
  • Go full-time on my entrepreneurial journey.

Since I like freedom and traveling, I am looking into organizing a business online - whether it will be a digital product, software product, or mobile app.

My problem is that I feel a bit stack and a bit lost, because I don't know where to start. I was thinking that for a great business idea, I have to follow my passions. But my passions are traveling (which I currently can't do due to war), climbing, sports, exploring new cultures, learn languages - I am not sure how to monetize such skillset.

I will be really glad if you'll give me some tips and advice on how to develop the skill of finding your passions and monetizing them, give me links to any useful resources that could help in my situation, or even just share with me what would you do in my situation.

Thanks to everyone who has read to this point! :praise:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
My problem is that I feel a bit stack and a bit lost, because I don't know where to start. I was thinking that for a great business idea, I have to follow my passions. But my passions are traveling (which I currently can't do due to war), climbing, sports, exploring new cultures, learn languages - I am not sure how to monetize such skillset.

I will be really glad if you'll give me some tips and advice on how to develop the skill of finding your passions and monetizing them, give me links to any useful resources that could help in my situation, or even just share with me what would you do in my situation.
Welcome to the forum. "passion" ususally gets a bad rep here - and for good reasons. Even if you have passion about something doesn't mean people would get value out of it. For example learning language - you cant just earn money to learn languages. Even if you like it and have passion for it. Can you provide value to other people in this field in some way?

If you can find a great way to provide value to people PLUS that is your passion - then great. But it may or may not happen , so keep that in mind.

Regarding finding an idea, MJ actually explains it really well in his book in the chapter Commandment of Need (as far as I can remember).

Would also suggest you to these posts -

Right now I am making around 10k $ a month, and saving around 80-85% of this money each month (yeah, life in Ukraine isn't expensive). I already have a couple hundred thousands dollars in my savings.
Thats really great man. Be grateful for your past self and what you have done. Maybe its not fastlane, but you are in the middle of a damn war where you couldnt leave your country. Much props to you. How's the situation there nowadays? I hope it has improved.

Welcome once again. +Read the gold and notable posts if you can - would help you a lot

intotheabyss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Nov 19, 2023
Welcome to the forum. "passion" ususally gets a bad rep here - and for good reasons. Even if you have passion about something doesn't mean people would get value out of it. For example learning language - you cant just earn money to learn languages. Even if you like it and have passion for it. Can you provide value to other people in this field in some way?

If you can find a great way to provide value to people PLUS that is your passion - then great. But it may or may not happen , so keep that in mind.

Regarding finding an idea, MJ actually explains it really well in his book in the chapter Commandment of Need (as far as I can remember).

Would also suggest you to these posts -

Thats really great man. Be grateful for your past self and what you have done. Maybe its not fastlane, but you are in the middle of a damn war where you couldnt leave your country. Much props to you. How's the situation there nowadays? I hope it has improved.

Welcome once again. +Read the gold and notable posts if you can - would help you a lot
Thank you for the warm welcoming , and thanks for the links to the useful threads. I agree with everything you’ve said! Especially about monetizing passions- it’s not always the way to go due to the number of reasons.

As for the situation- country-wise it’s not well, but I am glad that I have what I have , because lots of people lost everything.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Start with what you know: is there something in your field of expertise that can be monetised? Some process that can be improved? Software that can be replaced with something more efficient? A problem the companies you work for need solving that can be outsourced to your future company?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

intotheabyss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Nov 19, 2023
Start with what you know: is there something in your field of expertise that can be monetised? Some process that can be improved? Software that can be replaced with something more efficient? A problem the companies you work for need solving that can be outsourced to your future company?
Actually, lately, I've thought that I could try to monetize my skill of being a "digital nomad". Meanwhile, it sounds not obvious, but many people have been asking me how I organized everything to live for 1,5 years in different countries of South America, working from there, diving deep into local culture, networking, and making and saving most of my money along the way.

So I thought that it might be a good idea to create an online course "Becoming a Digital Nomad", where I would cover various topics, starting from getting skills that would allow you to make money online, and finishing with finding the right country/city/neighborhood that would suit your needs/desires, organizing work on the go, tips for maintaining a successful digital nomad career and find new opportunities for personal and financial growth.

I surely have some experience and a way of doing things that I've figured out myself after many attempts. Not sure yet how big would be the market for such product, I am yet to do market research, but this idea has been on my mind a lot lately.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...