The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How has MJ ruined your life?

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
well mj has pretty much ruined every area of my life, when my family is watching the superbowl i'm like that's 3 hours of your life that's wasted on people you will never know, when its the holiday season i'm watching all my friends and family max out their credit cards just so they can work the next year just to do it again, even when im at church (sorry God) we're just sitting their doing nothing, i know its spiritual and all but thats 2 hours we just sit and " i guess waste time???" i dont mean it offensively, when i'm at my grandmothers she and grandpa have worked saved and will never buy nothing nice not a single modern convience do they have, when peoples out black friday selling instead of seeing sales i see money taken out of my pocket to fund someone else's dreams, mj i'm sure there's other examples i could list, but you've totally wrecked my life and now i'm seeing all the wasted time that others are doing and saying " oh im just barely making it, WELL DUH IF YOU SIT THERE WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL you cant complain because that's your choice, why not be the one selling the tickets, sorry its just i think next month it comes up again and i'm seeing it from a new perspective i didnt have before

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
WPwxR.gif

D

Deleted50669

For most people the truth sets them free. You’re insinuating the truth has trapped you. That’s not MJ’s problem, that’s your problem. If it’s too painful to look at the world for what it is, then go back to pretending everything is rainbow ponies and sugarplums. No one here is going to sympathize with your rant about being distracted by stupidity. Everyone intelligent is inconvenienced by stupidity - even within their families. If you don’t like your family falling into traps, educate them. If they don’t listen, you tried, but not your (and definitely not our) problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
Before this thread ends up in the landfill i'd like to offer some advice which I hope is helpful.

There is a big difference between seeing the script for what it is and being cynical. Take your super bowl example. Is it pointless? Well yes and no. No it isn't going to make you rich while sitting watching it but, if it gives you enjoyment then it's worth it as long as you don't spend every waking hour staring at a screen. MJ has mentioned that he watches star trek. Watching it won't make him rich and he won't learn anything from it (correct me if I'm wrong but it's not something I enjoy.) The same goes for church. Lots of people, especially older people go for the community that comes with it, which can give them a sense of belonging as well as friendships. Yes get your nose down to the grindstone, work hard and devote most of your time to bettering yourself but...

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

One of the quickest routes to depression is shutting yourself away from the world and not doing anything that gives you enjoyment.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
clickbait? rant?

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
Imagine sitting next to her in the office... My head would explode. Literally.

it was kinda a thank you note to mj for freeing me from the script, they did a youtube series called how dave ramsey ruined my life which they listed ways he changed their life this was my version of it

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
it was kinda a thank you note to mj for freeing me from the script, they did a youtube series called how dave ramsey ruined my life which they listed ways he changed their life this was my version of it

Well,

There's this cool thing about being aware of the Script...

...you can think for yourself.

That includes recognizing when something positive, like your example of people being thankful of Dave Ramsey, is being ran through a negative, cynical, jaded, or scornful mental filter or viewpoint...and choosing to not adopt that viewpoint as your own.

99% of success in life is built from a healthy mental frame, and this negative way of expressing thanks, this negative way of thinking is detrimental to that (your) frame.

If you wanna thank @MJ DeMarco , why not just thank him?

In fact, I believe there are several threads already where people express their heartfelt, genuine, and positive thanks to MJ.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
He didn't ruined your life, he just opened your eyes and gave you what you need to move forward and make something.

If your family don't want to build a business or educate themselves, it's their choices, you can't change that.

He didn't ruin your life, he just put you in the right way to be successful, financially and mentally, having the right mindset is a big part of the job.
And believe me it's hard, reading the book is easy, thinking you're in the right way is easy, but when it's about acting, it's hard.

As everyone is saying, be around people like minded.
Do you think Grant Cardone (500 millions+ worth of R.Estate) is dealing with the simple real estate agent ? Or a closed minded partner ?
No, he hired a team of hustlers, he is dealing with other millionnaires and billionaires in order to grow exponentially his capital/real estate empire.

truesouth

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Mar 6, 2011
Patagonia, Chile
When this forum became a kind of Reddit? I had to go down to post #10 to just find a coherent comment.

OP, what MJ has done with his book is to open your eyes. It depends on how you take advantage of that, and where you are going.

You are in a transition stage, and now that you have opened your eyes, you must have the ability to recognize that everything that happens in your life depends on you.

You should look for how to take advantage of this, and get to the point of feeling proud of yourself for having your eyes wide open.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Imagine sitting next to her in the office... My head would explode. Literally.

px58f3d319.gif

When this forum became a kind of Reddit? I had to go down to post #10 to just find a coherent comment.

Actually, reddit (r/entrepreneur) was the one that introduced me to Unscripted . It was in some reply to a comment by someone else, who recommended that OP to read this book. I googled for the book, and bam.......I found MJ.

Btw, since there's so many of these ridiculous topics on MJ ("Does MJ have a wife", "How has MJ ruined your life" etc...), there's one thing I've always been curious about.

What does "MJ" initials stand for?

Mickey Jones DeMarco?
Michael Jackson DeMarco?
Martin James DeMarco?
Matthew Jesus DeMarco?
Micah Jeffrey DeMarco?
Mark Jason DeMarco?

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
The title of this thread should be changed. A lot of these threads get indexed pretty quickly and who knows what may trigger someone's search result to show "How has MJ ruined your life?"

Maybe they clickbait to it and see its true intention, but others might take a negative view and move on without clicking. I doubt MJ wants that kind of reaction to his business.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Before everyone gets their pitch forks out (too late); look at intent rather than delivery.

I studied Communication, so maybe I process messages differently. All the OP has done is express her perception of time management before/after encountering MJ's work.

Attacking her for this is rather funny, considering a significant portion of posts on this forum express this exact message.

Her post is not "negative."
Do you realize how dull human communication would be without figures of speech?

It's like saying every thread on TFLF indicting "slowlane mentality," "action faking" etc is negative.
Sure, they might point out negative effects, but the ultimate goal isn't to be "negative."

She has expressed her appreciation of MJ in a slightly different way from most, with no perceivable malice.
Don't gang up on her because she hasn't done it your way.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Ditto.
While odd, I thought that was one of her best attempts at a post. Granted I have her on a mental ignore.
I think that she was trying to be positive in her own way.
Now please find the "shift" key.

Before everyone gets their pitch forks out (too late); look at intent rather than delivery.

I studied Communication, so maybe I process messages differently. All the OP has done is express her perception of time management before/after encountering MJ's work.

Attacking her for this is rather funny, considering a significant portion of posts on this forum express this exact message.

Her post is not "negative."
Do you realize how dull human communication would be without figures of speech?

It's like saying every thread on TFLF indicting "slowlane mentality," "action faking" etc is negative.
Sure, they might point out negative effects, but the ultimate goal isn't to be "negative."

She has expressed her appreciation of MJ in a slightly different way from most, with no perceivable malice.
Don't gang up on her because she hasn't done it your way.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Ditto.
While odd, I thought that was one of her best attempts at a post. Granted I have her on a mental ignore.
I think that she was trying to be positive in her own way.
Now please find the "shift" key.
Didn't even realize this thread was done my favorite girl. I'm wondering if the ban hammer is in the works again???

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I didn't take the post literally, more like, "OMG, I can't sit around in ignorance like everyone else any longer."

Of course, just having your eyes open doesn't mean anything. You can still get hit by a moving train with your eyes open, the open eyes are only valuable if you use them to do something.

An enslaved, yet ignorant person is actually better than the enslaved person who is aware of it, but does nothing but complain.

What does "MJ" initials stand for?

Michael John

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Well, I remember being 23 years old, being promoted to national marketing manager of a large company, and thinking "Wow, I got it all figured out so young, how lucky!" And then I read MFL - stupid MJ DeMarco turning my world upside down.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Well, I remember being 23 years old, being promoted to national marketing manager of a large company, and thinking "Wow, I got it all figured out so young, how lucky!" And then I read MFL - stupid MJ DeMarco turning my world upside down.
You after having finished the book
giphy.gif

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!