The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I get my disabled Facebook Ads account unblocked and which Facebook policies triggered my ad account to be closed?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

flip3

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 22, 2021
Hi Fastlaners,

My Facebook Ads account has been blocked, banned, disabled, closed, ... These are a couple of the messages that Facebook shows to me at various places:
  • Ad account disabled: You can't use this account to run ads. Its ads have stopped running and some of its advertising assets are also disabled.
  • This ad account, its ads and some of its advertising assets are disabled because the business that owns it didn't comply with our Advertising Policies or other standards.
  • This business account isn't allowed to advertise. This is because the business didn't comply with one or more of our Advertising Policies or other standards, such as having too many ads rejected, attempting to circumvent our ad review process, participating in fraudulent behavior, or associating with untrustworthy accounts. Learn more.
fb-ads-account-disabled.png

I read the FB Ads Policy, Community Guidelines and also many other forum & blog posts about it. However, I do not understand why my ads do not comply with Facebook's rules and FB neither gives any reasoning for disabling the account. Any ideas why these ads or landing pages do not comply with Facebook's rules? I would appreciate your opinions.

newsletter Subscription Campaign
fb-ads-newsletter-subscription.png
Landing Page URLs:
Find growth investment ideas in just 5 minutes
Discover hot investment opportunities in just 5 min.
See real investment portfolios of other users

Portfolio Check Campaign
fb-ads-portfolio-check.png
Landing Page URLs:
Increase your investment earnings in just 5 minutes

Calculator Download Campaign
fb-ads-calculator-download.png
Landing Page URLs:
Find out when you will become a millionaire.

Thanks so much for any help figuring out what could be wrong with my ad campaigns.

All the best,

Philip

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Preface: I've been advertising on Facebook since 2012 for dozens of companies and have had a LOT of accounts disabled, several business managers banned, and probably hundreds of ad disapprovals. Most of them have gotten overturned.

What you're doing is very non-compliant. I don't expect you to get your account back. Your best bet is to say you're sorry, get a new ad account (just create a new business manager if they haven't prohibited you from doing so) and change the language you use. I don't see how it's not obvious to you. You can't promise people that they'll get better investment returns unless you want the SEC to come knocking on your door.

What you see as investment help, Facebook sees a bizopp/investment scheme.

Advertising Policies

"But Agora does the same thing" no they don't. They're VERY careful with the phrases and language they use.

You CAN'T promise investment advice if you're not a financial advisor. You CAN'T promise increased returns, period.

Also, some of your landing pages are non-compliant by virtue of what they look like: a headline, some copy, and an email box. That's a red flag for Facebook.

flip3

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 22, 2021
Hi The-J,

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Well, I will not appeal the decision by Facebook. Before running into similar issues in the future, I have 2 follow-up questions:

What you see as investment help, Facebook sees a bizopp/investment scheme.

Advertising Policies

"But Agora does the same thing" no they don't. They're VERY careful with the phrases and language they use.

You CAN'T promise investment advice if you're not a financial advisor. You CAN'T promise increased returns, period.
I see your point. Would you say that all these 3 messages are non-compliant? Or would a disclaimer make anything better on the website?
  • How to find growth investment ideas in just 5 minutes?
  • Wondering how to optimise your investment portfolio? (ok, here I see that it can be misleading.)
  • Did you know that you would be a millionaire today if you have invested $83 per month into the NASDAQ 100 since 1985? (Would you deem such a statement also as non-compliant even if it is a fact?)
I saw a couple of times an Etoro ad on YouTube saying something similar to "Would you like to miss out again the opportunity like you did with Amazon or Tesla?". Would you say that this is also non-compliant?
Also, some of your landing pages are non-compliant by virtue of what they look like: a headline, some copy, and an email box. That's a red flag for Facebook.
Does Facebook generally not accept such kind of landing pages and is it somewhere explicitly written in their policies? Say you offer something completely different such as a software on a landing page just with headline, copy and email input field, would Facebook also disable the account for that? What would you suggest to improve exactly?

Thanks,

Philip

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
The words "investment" and "opportunity" are red flags but they don't mean the ad is automatically non-compliant. "Investment ideas" sounds way too much like "investment opportunity" which sounds too much like soliciting investment publicly, which is illegal. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but when you have a landing page gated by an email submit and you're using words like that, Facebook will look at it twice.

Potential policy violations:

Prohibited content rule 2: illegal products (not saying you're doing this)

Prohibited content rule 23: misleading claims (this is about language and is subject to FB's discretion)

Prohibited content rule 29: financial products (not saying you're doing this but using words like investment and gating the info behind a one-line email submit is shady)

As far as the landing page, you're looking at prohibited content rule 24, low quality content. Also up to FB's discretion, a landing page with nothing on it except a headline and a submit box is considered low quality. If this is the case you'd usually get a warning that your ad was disapproved because of your landing page.

Again, be very careful with your language when dealing with anything related to investments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

flip3

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 22, 2021
Thanks a lot. Really good feedback. I will consider your points.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.