The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook business page/ads account being disabled and page restricted (Ecom dropshipping)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Eholic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Hello readers,

I have issues with Facebook business page/ads accounts being disabled and page restricted.

Some background information (which I think might be useful before I dive into the order of events).

I created a new facebook page specifically for the niche my store is in, under the personal account which already had a restricted page / business account.

I created my store page but when I installed the facebook app in my Shopify account to begin setting up the facebook pixel, it was very much on-screen instructions I followed, one step after the other until I completed the setup.

The following is exactly what I did step by step, and the result the following day:

1) I logged into the personal account of the already restricted/disabled page/ad account.

2) Created a brand new page for my niche store. I filled in most of the "welcome" tabs Facebook recommended such as profile photo (I retrieved the logo of my store and put it on the profite pic of the page just created. For the cover photo I downloaded a copyright-free image from pexels related to my store. Then I added the website to my page, changed the button to shop. Copied and pasted my about small paragraph and pasted into the Facebook page description.

3) Then verified my domain (I used the shopify domain).

4) I set up my payment method for which I used a Wise card (formerly Transferwise which is a prepaid mastercard). Later in my Wise account statement, I saw that there are two Facebook ad check entries hence two attempts to verify my card but was charged £0 both times, could this be the issue?

5) Then I navigated to my Shopify admin dashboard and to Store Preferences, scrolled down and located the Facebook pixel setting, clicked on the white button and began and completed the on-screen setup process. All steps there and then had green ticks, no issues whatsoever.

6) After I completed the set-up process in Shopify, I got an error notice that there was an issue with the description for one of my products, which I successfully fixed and all my 93 products now have the green tick. The issue with that product was that initially there wasn't a written description of the product and only images, I fixed it by removing all of the images in the description section and addressing only the product specifications, but maybe FB had picked up on that before I had the chance to fix it?

7) On the following day, I logged into my Facebook account to check up on my page only to discover it was disabled, same thing within Shopify the Facebook app, it said my account was disabled and that I needed to enable it to start running ads. In facebook page/ad account this is what it said:

Your ad account XYZ has been flagged because of unusual activity. For security reasons, ads that are running will be turned off until you've confirmed your account information. (files attached).

In another part of my disabled page/ad account the above is worded slightly differently: We noticed unusual activity on your account and have restricted your access to advertising.

And in another part of the FB account:

This ad account, its ads and some of its advertising assets have been disabled because the business that owns it didn't comply with our Advertising Policies or other standards.

I don't know what to believe, FB's transparency about where you have gone wrong is just so vague that it leaves you guessing as to where you have gone wrong, and no customer service with whom you can chat and get to the bottom of a given issue.

In the past when I created pages they didn't get disabled on the next day. However with my store page the ad account/business page got disabled on the very next day. Could it be something to do with the Facebook with Shopify Business (being it third party integration app - just a guess here)

3 suspicions as to why my account is restricted/disabled:

1) Something with the credit card check might have not been successful.

2) Some Product/s not meeting FB's advertising guidelines.
3) Brand brand new account attempting marketing activities
4) Not completing the business verification section (no official papers as I haven't registered business yet due to just starting out)

Please can anyone have a look at my store and tell me which products might be violating Facebook's Ad Policies?
Store website: Wanted Watches

Important: Under the same personal account, I have a third page/ad account which is a completely healthy 2 year old minimum (judging by my last transaction there), on that account I had used a visa debit card. With that page/ad account I only had minor faults on the ads but my page/ad account not once got disabled/restricted. This healthy account is actually my personal ad account, not a business one.

Additionally, with the new account I created for my store, I don't think I had even completely finished the pixel setup, never mind getting to the part of running ads, and it claims I am violating Facebook's Ad Policies.

I am very tempted to link up my healthy undisabled page to the same Shopify store in question instead of trying to fix the currently disabled page/ad account, or should I try to fix it? What do you think? Or should I keep my healthy account to market something else and not bother with my store?

Will my aged ads account get disabled IF I link it to the same store which got my new ads account/page disabled initially?

How old should a new business page/ad account be (at the bare minimum) before ads can be run on there?

I am considering creating a brand new personal account, get someone from Fiverr to create a business page for the store then let a Shopify expert do all of the verification, pixel setup and all of the nitty gritty. I wouldn't add any payment methods right from the start, I will try to get page likes, leave the page dormant for a month, then proceed with advertising, how does that sound?

I have submitted my Government issued ID for my store page just recently and I went through the entire process but now it's saying process incomplete, you have 0 days left - see files attached

Last but most importantly, is there any way I can get in touch with the Facebook support team to fix things, and I mean a living human being.

Please someone advise me on how to get out of this mess so my marketer can get on with running ads, this is so frustrating.

I have attached a zipped folder with all screenshots I have annotated.

I am looking forward to your advice.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• forums5.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Eholic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Important: Under the same personal account, I have a third page/ad account which is a completely healthy 2 year old minimum (judging by my last transaction there), on that account I had used a visa debit card. With that page/ad account I only had minor faults on the ads but my page/ad account not once got disabled/restricted.

Update: This healthy account is actually my personal ad account, not a business one. Can I use it to run conversion ads, or to fill out any verification details, or is that function only on fb business ad accounts?

Eholic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 6, 2020
United Kingdom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.