The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I get 100% happy?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
I'm happy in a way!
I've got a girlfriend, friends, good relationship with my family and a fulltime job.

If people ask me what I do besides my job that's the moment I start feeling uncomfortable.
'Yeah uhm playing videogames sometimes, watch some Netflix, hang out with friends'.

Sometimes I do enjoy these things mentioned above but the next day it can make me feel so sick I'm wasting my life on that (games and series) and I wish I had something better to do.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm happy but I got the feeling there's a missing part, a part which will make me grow as a person and financially as well.

I've never had the feeling 'I wanna do this if I had all the money in the world' or 'I know for sure what I want to become'. And now I'm about to turn 24 I really should get things going, be proud on my answer if people ask me what I do next to my job.

How do I find out where my heart is? What I'm passionate about? How do I find the missing part which will make me 100% (or close) happy to where I am now?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
What made you excited as a kid?

That can be an interesting question to know what you are naturally attracted to.

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
I'm happy in a way!
I've got a girlfriend, friends, good relationship with my family and a fulltime job.

If people ask me what I do besides my job that's the moment I start feeling uncomfortable.
'Yeah uhm playing videogames sometimes, watch some Netflix, hang out with friends'.

Sometimes I do enjoy these things mentioned above but the next day it can make me feel so sick I'm wasting my life on that (games and series) and I wish I had something better to do.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm happy but I got the feeling there's a missing part, a part which will make me grow as a person and financially as well.

I've never had the feeling 'I wanna do this if I had all the money in the world' or 'I know for sure what I want to become'. And now I'm about to turn 24 I really should get things going, be proud on my answer if people ask me what I do next to my job.

How do I find out where my heart is? What I'm passionate about? How do I find the missing part which will make me 100% (or close) happy to where I am now?

There are 10 characteristics of self-actualizing people. Those reporting more characteristics of self-actualization were more motivated by growth, exploration, and love of humanity than the fulfillment of deficiencies in basic needs. The characteristics of self-actualization are also associated with greater well-being across a number of indicators of well-being, including greater life satisfaction, self-acceptance, positive relations, environmental mastery, personal growth, autonomy, purpose in life, and self-transcendent.

Characteristics of Self-Actualization Scale:

Continued freshness of appreciation - I can appreciate again and again, freshly and naively, the basic goods of life, with awe, pleasure, wonder, and even ecstasy, however stale these experiences may have become to others. A sunset looks just as beautiful every time I see one. I often feel gratitude for the good in my life no matter how many times I encounter it.

Acceptance - I accept all sides of myself, including my shortcomings. I accept all of my quirks and desires without shame or apology. I have unconditional acceptance for people and their unique quirks and desires.

Authenticity - I can maintain my dignity and integrity even in environments and situations that are undignified. I can stay true to my core values even in environments that challenge them. I take responsibility for my actions.

Equanimity - I am often undisturbed and unruffled by things that seem to bother most people. I am relatively stable in the face of hard knocks, blows, deprivations, and frustrations. I tend to take life’s inevitable ups and downs with grace, acceptance, and equanimity.

Purpose - I feel a great responsibility and duty to accomplish a particular mission in life. I feel as though I have some important task to fulfill in this lifetime. I have a purpose in life that will help the good of humankind.

Efficient perception of reality - I often have a clear perception of reality. I am always trying to get at the real truth about people and nature. I try to get as close as I can to the reality of the world.

Humanitarianism - I feel a deep sense of identification with all human beings. I feel a great deal of sympathy and affection for all human beings. I have a genuine desire to help the human race.

Peak experiences - I often have experiences in which I feel new horizons and possibilities opening up for myself and others. I often have experiences in which I feel a profound transcendence of my selfish concerns. I often have experiences in which I feel one with all people and things on this planet.

Good moral intuition - I trust my moral decisions without having to deliberate too much about them. I have a strong sense of right and wrong in my daily life. I can tell “deep down” right away when I’ve done something wrong.

Creative spirit - I have a generally creative spirit that touches everything I do. I bring a generally creative attitude to all of my work. I am often in touch with my childlike spontaneity.

Last edited:

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
What made you excited as a kid?

That can be an interesting question to know what you are naturally attracted to.

Videogames, airplanes and music.
I'm working with airplanes already as my job, videogames at my days off and music I enjoy with friends but there's still something 'missing' and I just can't figure out what it is.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
What are you doing to serve* others? I suspect that's missing. I've asked myself the same questions that you are asking. If I had everything that I wanted, I know I would only be momentarily satisfied. To feel some measure of satisfaction with myself, I would need to find some way to benefit humanity, find some problem to solve, make the world a better place.

* This is not to mean volunteering, community service etc, although it can be. Providing a great product/service is also a way of "serving".

Temujin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 22, 2018
Canada
There are 10 characteristics of self-actualizing people. Those reporting more characteristics of self-actualization were more motivated by growth, exploration, and love of humanity than the fulfillment of deficiencies in basic needs. The characteristics of self-actualization are also associated with greater well-being across a number of indicators of well-being, including greater life satisfaction, self-acceptance, positive relations, environmental mastery, personal growth, autonomy, purpose in life, and self-transcendent.

Characteristics of Self-Actualization Scale:

Continued freshness of appreciation (α = .77) I can appreciate again and again, freshly and naively, the basic goods of life, with awe, pleasure, wonder, and even ecstasy, however stale these experiences may have become to others. A sunset looks just as beautiful every time I see one. I often feel gratitude for the good in my life no matter how many times I encounter it.

[link removed]

Could you clarify what "(a = .77) and in the following characteristics? Other than that it was very beneficial to read through and to see where I was lacking. I find I forget to take a second and to be grateful of where I am in life. Learning to appreciate the little things, like the sun shining through my office window as I write this.

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
Could you clarify what "(a = .77) and in the following characteristics? Other than that it was very beneficial to read through and to see where I was lacking. I find I forget to take a second and to be grateful of where I am in life. Learning to appreciate the little things, like the sun shining through my office window as I write this.
There is a test you can take to measure each area. Those are my scores.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
You are probably bored

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
Where can I take said test? I believe the link was removed.

Cheers
Its interesting. I've been using message forums before the internet was invented, when some of the users here were born, back in the days of BBS. This is the first I've seen of not being able to post links to content on the internet

Temujin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 22, 2018
Canada
Its interesting. I've been using message forums before the internet was invented, when some of the users here were born, back in the days of BBS. This is the first I've seen of not being able to post links to content on the internet

Maybe it's due to being a new contributor? I'm not entirely sure.

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
Maybe it's due to being a new contributor? I'm not entirely sure.
That may be the case but as a moderator I would take the two seconds to Google someone and take a look at their social proof before I would call them out for trying to monetize content or spamming

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Why are you posting duplicate threads?

I'm happy, almost!

You can't be 100% happy, at least all the time. You're looking for something that doesn't exist. We're human, emotions are human. Sometimes you're happy, sometimes you're sad. Even with a lot of money and a lot of cash you eventually find your medium happiness level after a while. All you can do is change your mindset and appreciate each day as it comes.

Sounds like you're doing a bunch of things "video games, netflix" etc then feeling guilty about it.

Go read the two books associated with this forum.

The millionaire fastlane , and Unscripted .

Then come back and let us know if it's helped you.

If you're on this forum, you're obviously looking to start some sort of business that's bigger than yourself, and those two books are a great place to start.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm working with airplanes already as my job, videogames at my days off and music I enjoy with friends but there's still something 'missing' and I just can't figure out what it is.
If you're already doing what you love, I see no reason to change.

Maybe all you need is a challenge.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
You know what ? I'm a video game addict.
I'm also a motorcycle addict (trying to mourn my bigger bike and bike addiction).

One thing I realized, is that video game makes me happy in the short term. I'm having a lot of fun... but 6 hours later, when I go to sleep, I realize that's 6 hours I won't ever see again.

I love motorcycles because of the adrenaline push I get from sudden acceleration, quick passing power and insane speed. I couldn't be happier where I'm on my bike (my older one, I hate the one I have right now... too slow). But when I get off of it, I realize all the time I'm burning rubber, alone, risking my life on empty roads, I could be enjoying a great car ride with the ones I love, singing, joking, talking, etc.

In the long term, gaming gives me nothing. I used to have an edge (before streaming came), but now I suck. I'm just above average and that's not enough to get any hype going in a gaming community.

In the long term, motorcycle riding is a direct risk to my life, especially when I'm going for the exciting parts, chasing 200mph and so on. Still, everytime I think about that bike, I smile. I'm smiling right now, and I would give anything to get that bike again.

You know how I found my passion for riding ? I registered to a course about it out of the blue. I just thought I could like it. Ended up purchasing a $12K bike, a $18K bike and then a $5K bike, thousands of dollars in equipment and hundreds of hours on the road (and I'm barely making $40K/yr... the joys of getting in debt). People would call me the Sasquatch because they'd see me on my bike when it's snowing outside, fully geared.

If you want to find happiness, you need to try new things. I never thought I'd be into cars before I paid my dad a ride of Lambo on a racing track. Now I'm thinking of putting motorcycles aside (for my safety and wallet) and get into cars (not for my satefy nor my wallet, just loving 'em).

Go with the flow and follow what your mind tells you. Try stuff (legal ones please).

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
That may be the case but as a moderator I would take the two seconds to Google someone and take a look at their social proof before I would call them out for trying to monetize content or spamming

Don't worry, it's nothing personal. These forums get hit with spammy posters constantly. It would be impossible to screen them all and manually give them a thumbs up/down for posting links.

Can you just type out the link (site DOT com SLASH whatever) or a term we can use to Google this test? I'd be very interested to take it as well.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I'm going to say that what's missing is that you aren't helping others.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I'm going to say that what's missing is that you aren't helping others.
Could that have something to do with legacy too ? Nothing he talked about will be left behind once he's not there anymore. If you really help people, your name will probably survive somewhere (right ?).

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You know what ? I'm a video game addict.
I'm also a motorcycle addict (trying to mourn my bigger bike and bike addiction).

One thing I realized, is that video game makes me happy in the short term. I'm having a lot of fun... but 6 hours later, when I go to sleep, I realize that's 6 hours I won't ever see again.

I love motorcycles because of the adrenaline push I get from sudden acceleration, quick passing power and insane speed. I couldn't be happier where I'm on my bike (my older one, I hate the one I have right now... too slow). But when I get off of it, I realize all the time I'm burning rubber, alone, risking my life on empty roads, I could be enjoying a great car ride with the ones I love, singing, joking, talking, etc.

In the long term, gaming gives me nothing. I used to have an edge (before streaming came), but now I suck. I'm just above average and that's not enough to get any hype going in a gaming community.

In the long term, motorcycle riding is a direct risk to my life, especially when I'm going for the exciting parts, chasing 200mph and so on. Still, everytime I think about that bike, I smile. I'm smiling right now, and I would give anything to get that bike again.

You know how I found my passion for riding ? I registered to a course about it out of the blue. I just thought I could like it. Ended up purchasing a $12K bike, a $18K bike and then a $5K bike, thousands of dollars in equipment and hundreds of hours on the road (and I'm barely making $40K/yr... the joys of getting in debt). People would call me the Sasquatch because they'd see me on my bike when it's snowing outside, fully geared.

If you want to find happiness, you need to try new things. I never thought I'd be into cars before I paid my dad a ride of Lambo on a racing track. Now I'm thinking of putting motorcycles aside (for my safety and wallet) and get into cars (not for my satefy nor my wallet, just loving 'em).

Go with the flow and follow what your mind tells you. Try stuff (legal ones please).

One of the best hobbies! Few near death experiences (had an R6 before) Cant really trust myself with these bikes as I predict death / jail with my habits... Gotta keep it on the track12049129_118298501862835_1915278899689632020_n.jpg 10150713_10154059287145245_6875325221625761649_n.jpg

:D 150km crashes are fun (track day)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Do what you want without guilt. Pride is something that gets in the way. When you are ready to do something else, you will.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I'm happy in a way!

What makes you 100% happy at this moment, won't cut it in your next moment. And, in just a heart beat, that "what" will be a big yawn and no big deal to you. Those "whats" in life lose their power to please quickly. It's part of being human. Being happy is a moving target -- not a place to arrive. Someone has given you unreal expectations of how things work. I would suggest that you rethink things, or you're going to spend a lot of your life on wasted empty quests.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.