The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I proceed?

RooseveltChisomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 3, 2023
Hello everyone. I'm Roosevelt Chingwalu from Malawi. I am a computer scientist by choice. I've spent about 4 years researching ways in which I could use my skills to solve problems, other than keeping my job in which much of my skills are not needed.

I've read a great deal of books in finance, phylosophy, economics, business management. Over time, I've started feeling like I know too much and do too little. It feels like the more I know the more I'm afraid to start any entrepreneurial endeavour.

I'm getting depressed day by day. I don't know how to begin.

I should say, among most of the books I've read, the book UNSCRIPTED by MJ DeMarco clarifies most ideas I've found in other books.

Now I keep thinking how I can start implementing a business idea using the CENTS framework, without keeping my job? I'm pararised by the consequences.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello everyone. I'm Roosevelt Chingwalu from Malawi. I am a computer scientist by choice. I've spent about 4 years researching ways in which I could use my skills to solve problems, other than keeping my job in which much of my skills are not needed.

I've read a great deal of books in finance, phylosophy, economics, business management. Over time, I've started feeling like I know too much and do too little. It feels like the more I know the more I'm afraid to start any entrepreneurial endeavour.

I should say, among most of the books I've read, the book UNSCRIPTED by MJ DeMarco clarifies most ideas I've found in other books.

Now I keep thinking how I can start implementing a business idea using the CENTS framework, without keeping my job? I'm pararised by the consequences.

Thank you for the open story!
My suggestion is to look at @Andy Black.

He has some great threads which will help you break the analyse paralyse.
Get comfortable being uncomfortable :)

Good luck to you!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
One way that I started to see problems that were around was, what was my immediate circle having issues with? And as it turned out most of them actually wanted websites for their "businesses" they wanted to start. Their was only say one of them that actually was a real business.

Either way, starting with your immediate circle is definitely good. The other is to straight to the marketplace and send emails to business owners say Electricians and try to get them to hop on a call and see where you could help out.

Their's this saying that people need to trust you in order for them to say enter in a business transaction or a sale. Not necessarily saying that this true, but I went against the grain and went to the marketplace just to see the feedback I would get.

I was able to get on a call with Two Residential electricians last year, but bare in mind their was a time difference:

1. The first electrician was looking to improve revenue and was willing to pay for a new website, I didn't send the proposal in time as promised. So I backed out, because I want to stay true to myself and deadlines.

2. The other had an issue with his timecard system for his engineer's, I looked into the issue, but it was way beyond my scope of expertise. So I had to backout, but I reached out because I found minor issues with his website. I sent him a video and he liked it, therefore hopped on a call with me.

I hope this helps :).

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

What industry in your area has plenty of profitable business making a killing?

What are the areas you could copy and even improve on?

Copy and then improve existing profitable business in a industry with proven need is a relatively safe approach to begin with.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

Welcome
Do something man.

I can't imagine a computer scientist without ideas. Turns out you are one.

I could tip you some but first check out Andy Black. There is so many problems to solve in Africa man.

Open your eyes wide and see, even computer science problems.

RooseveltChisomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 3, 2023
T
Thank you for the open story!
My suggestion is to look at @Andy Black.

He has some great threads which will help you break the analyse paralyse.
Get comfortable being uncomfortable :)

Good luck to you!
Thank you Lyzmin.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...