The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey! I'm a 19 year old guy

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Hi everybody.
I'm a 19 year old guy. I've always been fascinated by entrepreneurship since when I was a kid.

At 13, I started graphic design in the gaming community.
After 2 years of practice, I began earning money. I could earn money then, and I can't earn money now that I'm even older!
After some psychological and rational introspect, I realized it probably has to do with the fact that, as we grow, we are more cautious with the actions we take.

When I was 13, I wasn't even thinking before doing. I was just doing. I had my personal website at 15 and was selling .PSD templates on my Sellfy shop at that age. First time experiencing a passive income. I used to wake up in the morning and see my PayPal notifications "You received 8.99€ from ..".

Unfortunately, at 16 I dropped all that and, as a result, I wasn't getting money anymore. My templates weren't selling anymore as I disappeared from the community and social proof expired.

Here I am, after 3 years of pure inactivity (in terms of business and pursuing my personal mission), and I feel like I'm starting from scratch. It feels like the old 15 year old me was not me, but another guy. Lol.
I feel like I lost the skills I had at 15. Indeed, I became more and more cautious with the actions I take, and as a consequence, I barely take any action.
Now, I've been looking for a "business idea" for months and even though I come up with some possible ideas, my brain is trying to make me avoid them. Fear of failure, that is.

I'm currently in High School, senior year. Needless to say, I'm quite sure how anyone here would agree on its uselessness. But yeah, I "have" to graduate, so I disciplined myself into studying shit I don't want to study, and I will never use in my life again.

My plan after that, would be to move. To move I'd require a decent income and here I am, aiming to start a small business which could bring me €1000/€2000 a month.
I'm not looking to start the next Apple. I'm aware of "everyone started with baby steps", so that's it.

But yeah, I hope I will get in the right path again! I need to get back to how I was at 15!

Any general advice is completely appreciated. Thank you very much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro!

When I was 13, I wasn't even thinking before doing. I was just doing. I had my personal website at 15 and was selling .PSD templates on my Sellfy shop at that age. First time experiencing a passive income. I used to wake up in the morning and see my PayPal notifications "You received 8.99€ from ..".

It's an addiction, trust me!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Nice to see more young people your age joining here too. I have two sons around your age (18 and 20) and they both have the TMF book (even signed by MJ, yay!) but they are still on the fence on the whole entrepreneurship thing despite their dad being one, lol. Sounds like you have already had a small taste of what it can be like - and I think my two boys could use some of that too.

My youngest son is also now about to finish high school, and decided he is going take a year off to really think about whether he should bother with college, get an entry level job in retail, or start something on his own. I think he is leaning towards the retail job thing and I think that for him, that is the best choice right now. Why? Because I think what has held him back from the entrepreneur path is just that he hasn't experienced yet how much it sucks to have a job, lol.

I think for most of us - the j word is what eventually triggers us to say f*ck it and motivates us to venture out on your own.

As for advice; I think in your case you don't need the job for motivation, but just to finance your first start with something. I assume you're not worried about getting a college degree, but you can always do that later in life if you feel like you must. Start earning a paycheck, and set aside what you can for business, then spend your free time working on it.

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro!

It's an addiction, trust me!
Hey man,

I just turned 20 this month but I feel like we have such a same story. I started selling on Ebay at the age of 13 and started my own online website at 18. The website has done over $600k now but I would recommend that you just do something that you can. Learn about it and apply it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...