The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Hey! I'm a 19 year old guy

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

VicFountain

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 22, 2018
Hi everybody.
I'm a 19 year old guy. I've always been fascinated by entrepreneurship since when I was a kid.

At 13, I started graphic design in the gaming community.
After 2 years of practice, I began earning money. I could earn money then, and I can't earn money now that I'm even older!
After some psychological and rational introspect, I realized it probably has to do with the fact that, as we grow, we are more cautious with the actions we take.

When I was 13, I wasn't even thinking before doing. I was just doing. I had my personal website at 15 and was selling .PSD templates on my Sellfy shop at that age. First time experiencing a passive income. I used to wake up in the morning and see my PayPal notifications "You received 8.99€ from ..".

Unfortunately, at 16 I dropped all that and, as a result, I wasn't getting money anymore. My templates weren't selling anymore as I disappeared from the community and social proof expired.

Here I am, after 3 years of pure inactivity (in terms of business and pursuing my personal mission), and I feel like I'm starting from scratch. It feels like the old 15 year old me was not me, but another guy. Lol.
I feel like I lost the skills I had at 15. Indeed, I became more and more cautious with the actions I take, and as a consequence, I barely take any action.
Now, I've been looking for a "business idea" for months and even though I come up with some possible ideas, my brain is trying to make me avoid them. Fear of failure, that is.

I'm currently in High School, senior year. Needless to say, I'm quite sure how anyone here would agree on its uselessness. But yeah, I "have" to graduate, so I disciplined myself into studying shit I don't want to study, and I will never use in my life again.

My plan after that, would be to move. To move I'd require a decent income and here I am, aiming to start a small business which could bring me €1000/€2000 a month.
I'm not looking to start the next Apple. I'm aware of "everyone started with baby steps", so that's it.

But yeah, I hope I will get in the right path again! I need to get back to how I was at 15!

Any general advice is completely appreciated. Thank you very much!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro!

When I was 13, I wasn't even thinking before doing. I was just doing. I had my personal website at 15 and was selling .PSD templates on my Sellfy shop at that age. First time experiencing a passive income. I used to wake up in the morning and see my PayPal notifications "You received 8.99€ from ..".
It's an addiction, trust me!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Nice to see more young people your age joining here too. I have two sons around your age (18 and 20) and they both have the TMF book (even signed by MJ, yay!) but they are still on the fence on the whole entrepreneurship thing despite their dad being one, lol. Sounds like you have already had a small taste of what it can be like - and I think my two boys could use some of that too.

My youngest son is also now about to finish high school, and decided he is going take a year off to really think about whether he should bother with college, get an entry level job in retail, or start something on his own. I think he is leaning towards the retail job thing and I think that for him, that is the best choice right now. Why? Because I think what has held him back from the entrepreneur path is just that he hasn't experienced yet how much it sucks to have a job, lol.

I think for most of us - the j word is what eventually triggers us to say f*ck it and motivates us to venture out on your own.

As for advice; I think in your case you don't need the job for motivation, but just to finance your first start with something. I assume you're not worried about getting a college degree, but you can always do that later in life if you feel like you must. Start earning a paycheck, and set aside what you can for business, then spend your free time working on it.

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Feb 19, 2019
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro!

It's an addiction, trust me!
Hey man,

I just turned 20 this month but I feel like we have such a same story. I started selling on Ebay at the age of 13 and started my own online website at 18. The website has done over $600k now but I would recommend that you just do something that you can. Learn about it and apply it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
What’s the minimum amount of skills and knowledge needed to start the course ? This is...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock