The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey anyone know where to get coronavirus supplies wholesale?

marcof_23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
May 22, 2015
Toronto
Hey,

I’m thinking of buying up coronavirus products & reselling them online because I’ve been looking at the trends, & I have a feeling that this coronavirus pandemic is gonna be the “big one” we’ve been fearing. This is because:

1. MSM telling us to keep calm: Wisdom tells us to do the exact opposite of everything the MSM tells us. When the MSM, which is notorious for hyping up every little thing as Armageddon, is telling us to keep calm, it’s a sign to panic.
2. Virus infection rates closely matching AI predictions (Feb. 5): On Feb. 5, it was predicted that one week from then (yesterday), we would have something like 50,000 infections & 1,000 deaths. On Feb. 12, 1 week later, I think the numbers were something like 48,000 infected, 1K dead; today, 60K infected, 1.3K dead. This AI also predicted that 45 days from the article’s publishing (Mar. 21), there would be 2.5B infected & 50M dead. Call me crazy but I have a feeling the AI might be right this time.

If this is the case, then I want to capitalize & see if I have what it takes to succeed in business (and make a little money ;) ) So, where’s the best place to get these supplies at wholesale/ridiculously cheap prices:
- Hand sanitizer
- Full winter face masks (I want to sell these as an alternative to the N95’s, which have been proven to not work)
- Disposable gloves
- Maybe surgical masks (I want to sell high-end versions of this that medical professionals use as a sort of “high-priced alternative”
- Canned food

I know I should create a CENTS productocracy instead of trying to capitalize on fads, but I don’t really have any experience in entrepreneurship & I feel like this is too good an opportunity to pass up. Worst case scenario: I don’t sell anything, I’ve stocked up my family plenty for the coronavirus pandemic for dirt cheap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ask yourself this... If someone knew where to get them, why should they tell you?

They might want to capatalize on the misfortunes of others without creating more competition by announcing their suppliers on a public forum.

Think it through, though. Do you think anybody can acquire these items for "ridiculously cheap prices"? Don't you think the makers of these products have already upped their prices in relation to increased market demand?

Roll up your sleeves, do your own homework, don't look for shortcuts.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Hey man, I remember you. You came to a meetup almost 5 years ago in Toronto. You had some good ideas then, what ever came of them?

Don't bother trying to profit off of this. You're playing a losing game, both ethically and competitively. Plus, when it ends, so will your cash flow. I get that it looks like a rising trend to capitalize on, but it's really not. It's an epidemic that's killing people. And maybe it's hard to see or understand why people might take offense to it. That's fine. Just know that people do, and it's not a good look for your future career as an entrepreneur.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I hear China will be back to work soon. You should check there.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
there would be 2.5B infected & 50M dead

Worst case scenario: I don’t sell anything, I’ve stocked up my family plenty for the coronavirus pandemic for dirt cheap.

LOL, first, I doubt you would get any of it now dirt cheap.

But if you did and you don't sell anything you are ok with having $20,000 of masks that are worth plenty much nothing?

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Do you realize how f*cked up this statement is?

Read: How to (ETHICALLY?) Profit Off of Natural Disasters

Hey,

I’m thinking of buying up coronavirus products & reselling them online because I’ve been looking at the trends, & I have a feeling that this coronavirus pandemic is gonna be the “big one” we’ve been fearing. This is because:

1. MSM telling us to keep calm: Wisdom tells us to do the exact opposite of everything the MSM tells us. When the MSM, which is notorious for hyping up every little thing as Armageddon, is telling us to keep calm, it’s a sign to panic.
2. Virus infection rates closely matching AI predictions (Feb. 5): On Feb. 5, it was predicted that one week from then (yesterday), we would have something like 50,000 infections & 1,000 deaths. On Feb. 12, 1 week later, I think the numbers were something like 48,000 infected, 1K dead; today, 60K infected, 1.3K dead. This AI also predicted that 45 days from the article’s publishing (Mar. 21), there would be 2.5B infected & 50M dead. Call me crazy but I have a feeling the AI might be right this time.

If this is the case, then I want to capitalize & see if I have what it takes to succeed in business (and make a little money ;) ) So, where’s the best place to get these supplies at wholesale/ridiculously cheap prices:
- Hand sanitizer
- Full winter face masks (I want to sell these as an alternative to the N95’s, which have been proven to not work)
- Disposable gloves
- Maybe surgical masks (I want to sell high-end versions of this that medical professionals use as a sort of “high-priced alternative”
- Canned food

I know I should create a CENTS productocracy instead of trying to capitalize on fads, but I don’t really have any experience in entrepreneurship & I feel like this is too good an opportunity to pass up. Worst case scenario: I don’t sell anything, I’ve stocked up my family plenty for the coronavirus pandemic for dirt cheap.

Don't let this people make you lose your drive. There's no shame in profiting in any scenario. If people dying and the misfortunes of others were so morally bankrupt than funeral homes and the industry around it would not be around for long. They also forget about the military industrial complex and how much money they make in arm deals around the world. Nobody questions the government about who they sell weapons of mass destruction to. But they see one man trying to make profit and help people avoid a virus and now he's the evil one.

The corona virus is not a natural disaster. So the linked thread does not apply.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hey,

- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable gloves
- Canned food

There are lots of pitfalls.

The governments now place price ceiling on masks and manufacturers in Asia often have to operate at low margin or even at a loss. As many business are put to stop, raw material cost for mask went up.

Stockpiling also put you at risk that once the crisis ended quickly you are left with goods that no one wants to buy.

Limited upside venture with huge potential loss.

To safeguard your own family go stock whatever is necessary. Food and water are safe bets because you can always digest them slowly.

I think for most business this is a good time to do “Maintenance and repair”. It is time to do things that you know you should do earlier but didn't do as you were Preoccupied with sales and revenue focused activities. Given that business demand is down this is the time to go through the bills to cut the unnecessary expense and spend the necessary money to do whatever Maintenance and system upgrade for your business.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Ethical or not, your assumption of a blow out pandemic is questionable.

Something weird I have noticed is the disparate death rate in China vs the rest of the world. As of yesterday there where 174 cases outside of China, 1 death. That’s about 0.5% mortality (death rate) vs mortality of about 2.5% in China. Why??? Is there some genetic predisposition for Chinese people? What other things could be different?

I don’t know but it raises a lot of questions.

You can track the outbreak day by day here.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Ethical or not, your assumption of a blow out pandemic is questionable.

Something weird I have noticed is the disparate death rate in China vs the rest of the world. As of yesterday there where 174 cases outside of China, 1 death. That’s about 0.5% mortality (death rate) vs mortality of about 2.5% in China. Why??? Is there some genetic predisposition for Chinese people? What other things could be different?

I don’t know but it raises a lot of questions.

You can track the outbreak day by day here.

Two plausible explanations.

1)There is a stretch for medical resources in critical area like Wu Han and Hu Bei provinces that results in higher death rates due to the lack of proper medical care.

2) The shortage of medical resources means that many people with flu like symptoms and less than critical conditions recover on their own without seeing a doctor (taking panadol at home). Some of them could have gotten the virus and not in the reporting system. Those who get treated at the hospital represents a skewed population with more serious symptoms. This could lead to higher death rates.

SeanODG

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 6, 2019
Chicago
I'd hesitate to go into this too aggressively.

Your problem is going to be the long lead time to get wholesale products, sinc most are in Asia. In the best of circumstances, you're talking 6 weeks. With Corona virus, maybe we're talking a few months.

If Coronavirus isn't a thing in a few months, and I hope it's died out by then, you'll have inventory and no market left.

The only way I think you'd make this work is if you had supplies on hand now and were selling now

Best of luck!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

My guess is that they're hiding something in typical Chinese government fashion. Of course, Hubei Province is ill equipped to handle this too, but there are people who are simply not getting diagnosed despite contracting the disease. It's likely that the majority of people who contract the disease never get pneumonia and thus won't care enough to go to the doctor. Just a shitty cold, they might think. Especially now, people are being put in quarantine if they're found to have the disease so unless they've got something seriously wrong with them they won't voluntarily want to go to quarantine.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

yeh we're in "fear" right now, to make money with this idea you would have wanted to get on the train back in like december when china was supressing reports of a novel virus (take off)

The reason i'd peg us at "fear" instead of "greed" is that this has been in the mainstream news long enough so that any factory with the capability to make masks and sanitizing wipes and things is already doing so and selling to anyone who matters.

If you can get hold of some supply then yeh i'm sure you can scalp them in a few months when it starts running around the west (unless warmer temperatures kill it off) or save them for next time but...too late i'd say.

Also, a 2% kill rate is "technically" 20x deadlier than a normal flu but comapred to SARS or that camel virus or the actual 1918 flu? not exactly terrifying, in fact so far i'm pretty sure the economic damage from the quarantines (the response) is causing more human misery (or will downstream) than the sickness and deaths actually occuring. Lets see...officially dead 1400, so chinas lying lets say its actually 14k at least. Billions in lost revenue and billions in money diverted to stopping this virus could have EASILY saved more than 14 thousand lives worldwide , malaria medicine would be the low hanging fruit, uhm, jeez whats food for a poor rural villager for like a year? quick google fu showing 50 cents a day (thats including the charity arranging everything so the meals are served), so 186 bucks per year per person...

oh wait foodforthepoor says 6.08 per month lets go with that...so a billion dollars feeds 14 million people for an entire year. Yeh. I know i'm off on a tangent now but is anyone else curious to see how this massive quarantine experiment plays out?

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
If you can manage to get large quantities of sanitizer/cleanroom disposables in Ontario, you've got some serious talent.

Most distribution channels have been zeroed out by institutional procurement, and you better believe that frontline medical purchasers have already locked down the next several waves of incoming product.

Interestingly, the availability of the big 3 types of disposable gloves(latex, vinyl, nitrile) has reduced marginally, the impact of increased demand has been minor due to the large number of big time distributors.

You'll have a tough time purchasing from any of these distributors and reselling on places like eBay or Amazon - most of the major brands like Ansell, Kimberley Clark etc are already dominating sales, and you will unlikely be able to compete against them when you're purchasing from them.

There are smaller distribution channels, but in order to get any sort of reasonable price you'll need to purchase at least 2-3 pallets(50-60 cases each).

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
LOL, first, I doubt you would get any of it now dirt cheap.

But if you did and you don't sell anything you are ok with having $20,000 of masks that are worth plenty much nothing?
Well, in my country, any surpluses of N95 masks might be able to be sold for haze seasons or construction workers.

But I read that OP's using 'full winter masks' as an alternative?
Is this even legit? Can those masks even filter out the microbe particles?
There are other classes of NIOSH-certified masks that can fill in the same function, but with some variations.

A list here:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Make calls to suppliers and see.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Prepare to buy off the people who took action on this weeks ago.

This late in the game you are the customer.
Well, handsight’s a bitch :rofl:
He was still pretty early on.

D

Deleted85763

Hey,

- Hand sanitizer
- Disposable gloves
- Canned food

I know a company in the US that is selling $40 million worth of hand santizer, wet wipes and masks that can be had really cheap, well at least 50% off. I believe it was originally purchased when there was a shortage but now there is a glut due to all the production that ramped up as the pandemic went on. The expiration dates are I believe 2023 so if it's not sold by then it would need to be recertified, if that's possible, or used, If you have the money or have access to that kind of money I could put you in contact with the person handling the sale. The want to sell the inventory as a whole and do not want to sell part.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.