The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello. I will not wait to be buried.

JimK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 24, 2019
Buford, GA
I just signed up and wanted to say hello.

"Most people are dead already, just waiting to be buried."

I got a job at a huge computer company out of college as my parents wanted. But the pensions and benefits started to disappear. I was angry because I bet my life on their conviction that this was the right path.

Then financial trouble hit and my dad dropped dead by trading in more time.
The medical trouble hit and my mom became disabled, penniless and living in fear (loud bark though) and I'm her caregiver.

About 10 years ago, I started to relearn everything. Anything with an 'ism', or 'ology' or tech related, financial, spiritual everything. I was rewriting my operating system. There was a LOT of BS around economics, I just didn't realize how much is bad information and theories.

I still didn't find success. Mainly because it was all slow lane stuff.

I also had to rewrite my beliefs. I had to give up church for that; churchism is more accurate.
Then everything I learned from my parents, I threw out. Even their culture and traditions.

"The perfect slave is the one who believes they are free"

I was making plans to do swing trading, real estate, passive income and then cash out when retired. But I realized that this was the slow lane with a sidewalk life strategy (not paycheck to paycheck but spend all at death).

I then realized - Jim, they pay you for your time, not your results.

Now I that I'm half dead. There's no more time for BS.
If I were on my death bed knowing this and not doing anything about it, I would hate myself because I couldn't blame it on ignorance.

I am looking forward to being with like-minded persons.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum Jim, appreciate the intro. Hope we can be a part of your transformation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...