The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing my entrepreneur forum

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
Generally. I was only hoping to make this a little hobby, so I do not have a 5-10 year plan. By the 20s and 30s most of them would have left my forum and gone to get their life on track, or just not participated in my forum anyway.

I also thought in creating an entrepreneur forum for millennials, I could connect the forum to them on a different level through specific addons, styles, etc... like if I am going to be honest, I feel like a bit of a retard when I talk to you guys cause you have so much experience in the market. People my age generally want to connect to a community my age and collaborate with other people my age.

Anyway, I could go on forever, but those are the main reasons I thought my website would be good.

As someone said Gen Z is going to pass you by because as someone else pointed out you have to have a flipping safe space. Life lesson one... life isn't fair. Life lesson two... hang with people smarter than you. My Gen Z-er figured that out on his own.. and is actively seeking out teen friends who are better in someway so he can be better. Gen-Zer's are going to pass you by. Politicians are the smartest in the room because they appoint people less intelligent so that makes them the smartest. BUT Business people appoint more intelligent people in the room. I'll take a business person over a politician any day of the week. AND Life Lesson three... Older people are wiser. They have more experience and knowledge in general. But by all means go re-invent the wheel .. OH and do it with the laziest generation ever! OR scrap your plans and change your lazy friends and listen to MJ. -- I'm out.. that's my rant. :)

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
And that's the point. If you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room.

Learning from your "elders" is the greatest favor you'd be doing to yourself.

By the same token, you don't want to be the dumbest guy in the room.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Stop sucking is d*ck. He replied to my comment in a way that he was agreeing to be bitchy. I don’t mean to sound like a d*ck myself but their are a lot of people on the forum that get on their knees for MJ even when he is wrong. MJ is just like us, he can learn from being wrong, just like I have been doing so this morning. Don’t take this the wrong way, MJ is probably one of the smartest entrepreneurs on this forum, however, not everyone is perfect and every so often their needs to be a discussion.
That’s what I have seen and how I feel anyway.
Stop sucking is d*ck. He replied to my comment in a way that he was agreeing to be bitchy. I don’t mean to sound like a d*ck myself but their are a lot of people on the forum that get on their knees for MJ even when he is wrong. MJ is just like us, he can learn from being wrong, just like I have been doing so this morning. Don’t take this the wrong way, MJ is probably one of the smartest entrepreneurs on this forum, however, not everyone is perfect and every so often their needs to be a discussion.

I'm a millennial too and honestly I would not want to go to your forum filled with people in my age group. It'll just be an echo chamber of the inexperienced.

Secondly nobody here is sucking anyone's dick just because they agree with the other. You literally turned your original issue to making about MJs only been human or whatever your rant about him was.

Thirdly in business nobody cares how you feel but what benefit you give people. Just cause that's how you see it and feel does not make you right .

And yes even your own small forum will be competing against this one. It's like you setting your own little hot dog stand in front of McDonald's.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
The level of disrespect...

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

There are some people in this world who are self aware, can recognize when they've made a mistake, and acknowledge that mistake and move on with their lives.

Then there are those that deny making a mistake, blame others for calling them out, and double down on their assholery.

Guess which bucket you fall into?

No wait, don't bother. Please continue. It's been a while since the mods have banned someone.

Millennial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 9, 2018
There are some people in this world who are self aware, can recognize when they've made a mistake, and acknowledge that mistake and move on with their lives.

Then there are those that deny making a mistake, blame others for calling them out, and double down on their assholery.

Guess which bucket you fall into?

No wait, don't bother. Please continue. It's been a while since the mods have banned someone.

If you read my reply I did say I was wrong. Im not blaming anyone for calling me out, im just questioning them as to if it was really necessary to do so.

Zest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Aug 21, 2018
If you read my reply I did say I was wrong. Im not blaming anyone for calling me out, im just questioning them as to if it was really necessary to do so.

You're contributing to the image most people have of millennials.

But, since you are one, you can't see that.

The quote applies:
"We don't know who discovered water, but we know it wasn't a fish."

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Waaaaaaahh waaaaaaaaahh waaaaaaaahhhhh.

Guess what bro? I’m a 25 year old millennial. And you cry more than my 2.5 year old toddler.

Don’t be the embodiment of the reason why millennials get trashed.

You’re either a troll or a complete F*cking moron. Lucky for you, the adults of this forum are willing to forgive your ignorance and will teach you, if you shut your mouth for half a minute and begin to listen.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
The more I think about it, and I’m more than likely wasting my time here, you don’t have a freaking clue about life.

I suggest you put whatever plans you have on hold, and go get a blue collar job. Come back and tell us what hard work is like, and tell me that you still think @MJ DeMarco was “bitchy.” You’re so overly sensitive that you’re mistaking assertiveness for being “bitchy.”

You came on this forum, insulted the owner, whether you meant to or not, and got upset when he responded with authority and assertion.

Quit being a pussy and resorting to ad hominem attacks.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Dont feed the troll

#ban #lock

D

Deleted50669

If you're actually serious, your best best is putting up an ad in San Francisco coffee shops / public transit.

JAVB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Apr 20, 2011
Florida, USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes I understand I may have worded my question slightly wrong. However, I did not expect that response from the owner of the website to a new person in the community.

Lemme guess, you expected "special" treatment?

I would be the least of your competition to worry about.

So you feel entitled that a business owner should tell you exactly how to start up a business that would compete with his own, in the EXACT same space, with the EXACT same market, and bidded on the EXACT same keywords? Why don't I just give you my debit card and a pin number?

In other words, you think it's perfectly OK that I should invite a mosquito into my bedroom and be OK with it.

Sorry, but it's naive and shows a lack of self-awareness. And yes, this is why millenials get a bad rap. But maybe you're right -- maybe this is why they need their own forum so no one outside of their "millenial" identity would dare endanger the groupthink.

But nonetheless, I will give you some advice from someone who has run forums for 20+ years (before this one) on how to start a forum...

DON'T!

If you're serious about starting a business, living debt free, and obtaining financial freedom, a forum is the last business enterprise I'd recommend anyone to start. In fact, I'd wish them on my worst enemy.

They're difficult to start and manage, they're not easily monetized, and they suck an immense amount of time out of their owners. Because they're communities, interpersonal relationships are a must -- you can't just hire a VA and pull a Ronco Ron Popiel ... set-it-and-forget-it.

If you're running a charity and are OK living on minimum wage, then yea, go for it... start a forum.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
You want to know why? Because of this?

Partially.

Tell someone they're stupid for long enough, and they'll believe it.

"Millennials are killing (insert any industry here)"
"It's millennial that are ruining the economy."

Couple that with participation trophies, and telling people to accept themselves for who they are and they'll succeed....and you get a bunch of contradicting advice that fks with your brain.

So I understand where it's all coming from. I don't accept it, but I understand.

Source: I'm also a millennial.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
This is like saying “any advice for my upcoming and very original books ‘Fastlane Millionaire’ and ‘Not-scripted’’’

On a serious note, I joined this forum EXACTLY for the “bitchy” (which I think is millennial code for honest?) feedback. If I want to know exactly what people think of my idea or ideas then this is where I go.

Zest

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Aug 21, 2018
On a constructive note, I agree with MTEE1985. If someone tells me to keep doing what I've been doing or doesn't expose my own shit that I can't recognize, that's of no value to me. Protecting an ego AND expecting to grow? Impossible.

Some people think value consists of validating their ego.
Some people think value consists of having their shitty reality shattered.

Who do you think will be more successful?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think a lot of people here would fall into the right column, despite the demos MJ highlighted.

Yes, I'm quite impressed how so many teenagers join us here, not only that, but have impressive "hustle" stories!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Oh you mean like warrior forum and r/entrepreneur? ** shivers **

You should repivot to offering a forum that offers info about a very niche topic to experienced members only. There are many forums out there that charge hundreds a month for that service.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I think this thread presents the perfect opportunity to dust off some of the forum's classic GIFs.

giphy.gif

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Yup.