The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing a video marketing agency

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm resurrecting this.

A lot of our Google Ads clients could benefit from YouTube Ads. I'm doing our clients a disservice by not offering to help them with their YouTube Ads.

PROS:
  1. It lends itself to hiring freelancers (there's no way I'd could physically edit the videos even if I wanted to). Selling a service you can't physically fulfill forces you to work ON the business not IN the business.
  2. I could use good freelancers I find for my own projects (my courses and ideas for channels on YouTube).
  3. It's "another leg to the same stool" for my current business offering of Google Ads consulting.
  4. It lends itself to the video course membership I'm growing, and the fact that I think the best channel to grow that is YouTube.
  5. Anything to do with video is automatically assumed to have a high price tag. Maybe the Google Ads service gets dwarfed by the YouTube Ads service?
  6. I'm fascinated and enjoy video creation and editing. It's like my hobby outside of work and I’d like to get better at video editing & marketing anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Very interesting video. How to find local businesses, that aren’t running Google/YouTube Ads, create a simple video, and either sell them the video or setup YouTube campaigns for them:

View: https://youtu.be/4QccFql7LTI

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm in conversation with 3 forum members who might do the strategy in the video above (create and send a free promo video to businesses).

Here's what I might test as the cold email when sending the video:

Subject: Complimentary custom video created for <Business Name>

Hi John,

Please find attached a complimentary custom video for your yoga business (see below).

Feel free to use it on your website, YouTube, Facebook, Instragram, etc.

If you know anyone who needs videos created for their business then we'd be grateful if you could let them know.

Thanks,
Andy

<Have an image of the video here, that has the play button on it, and that links to video when they click on it>

Get bonus points tracking the email open and video being played.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I'm in conversation with 3 forum members who might do the strategy in the video above (create and send a free promo video to businesses).

Here's what I might test as the cold email when sending the video:

Subject: Complimentary custom video created for <Business Name>

Hi John,

Please find attached a complimentary custom video for your yoga business (see below).

Feel free to use it on your website, YouTube, Facebook, Instragram, etc.

If you know anyone who needs videos created for their business then we'd be grateful if you could let them know.

Thanks,
<Your Name>

<Have an image of the video here, that has the play button on it, and that links to video when they click on it>

Get bonus points tracking the email open and video being played.
Add scale and you can reach basically every business with this approach.

For the videomaking bit, setting up a very good template should help immensely so you don’t have to re do everything.

You can have it watermarked and charge for that, or you can upsell a better video and give the current one for free.

Nonetheless, Gold as always @Andy Black

I also love that you always recommend giving value first, and then asking. Reminds me of what garyvee keeps screaming about.

Ps: if this sounds to you like a lot of hard work up front for potentially nothing in return, keep reading the books and the forum.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Add scale and you can reach basically every business with this approach.

For the videomaking bit, setting up a very good template should help immensely so you don’t have to re do everything.

You can have it watermarked and charge for that, or you can upsell a better video and give the current one for free.

Nonetheless, Gold as always @Andy Black

I also love that you always recommend giving value first, and then asking. Reminds me of what garyvee keeps screaming about.

Ps: if this sounds to you like a lot of hard work up front for potentially nothing in return, keep reading the books and the forum.
Get your foot in the door. Be the video guy for them. Then maybe you can help with the copy, content on the website and/or social media. And maybe Facebook Ads, YouTube Ads, etc.

It all starts with giving a bit of value for free, and then building relationships and win-wins.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just had a thought...

What if you created a Facebook page for the county/city, created complimentary videos for businesses, and posted each video to that Facebook page, tagging each business as you do so?

Would the business be pleased with the extra visibility? Might they and their followers share the heck out of that video?

Curious what you think @Lex DeVille given you're interested in local YouTube channels.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Just had a thought...

What if you created a Facebook page for the county/city, created complimentary videos for businesses, and posted each video to that Facebook page, tagging each business as you do so?

Would the business be pleased with the extra visibility? Might they and their followers share the heck out of that video?

Curious what you think @Lex DeVille given you're interested in local YouTube channels.

I'm not sure you would need the Facebook page. The YT channel alone would probably be worth it, especially if the videos are interesting and highlight businesses that people might not know about, but probably would like to know about. The FB page could come later by leveraging the audience you build through YT.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm not sure you would need the Facebook page. The YT channel alone would probably be worth it, especially if the videos are interesting and highlight businesses that people might not know about, but probably would like to know about. The FB page could come later by leveraging the audience you build through YT.
Imagine creating a video for a business, posting it to your county/city channel, and it ranking immediately at the top for searches for that business brandname? That would be something, and possibly even helpful for the business.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Imagine creating a video for a business, posting it to your county/city channel, and it ranking immediately at the top for searches for that business brandname? That would be something, and possibly even helpful for the business.
Just like anything else, it needs work to work :hilarious:

Also, it would help immensely if you could land @london for example. But most of those are already taken so..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.