The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings From NY --> CO --> AZ

OAK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 13, 2017
Phoenix
Hello! I am new to the forum but had read the fastlane millionaire book a few years ago and it really struck a chord. It was so simply and beautifully written and it made so much sense to me. The methodologies, the growth mindset the pure realism behind each idea and explanation I digress...

I am a college graduate who was depressed and pissed off at the education system. 4 years wasted in a degree I don't even use. I finished the degree in Biology at the time because I was already 3 years deep. I did not want to go to med school I was so sick of school and thought there needs to be something else. I liked programming but I did not want to start a new degree and wanted to get the F*ck outta school and start working/making money...

Months went by and I was lost. Schemes and failures at creating a successful business continued. I would never be dedicated enough. I also lacked programming knowledge (seemed to be missing in all my endeavors) and got scammed a few times wasting time and money...

I finally said F*ck it and started to write my first e book. I created an ebook about freestyle rapping ( one of my hobbies) and surprisingly, I sold multiple copies. Though not many sold (probably about 30-40) that email from Amazon Kindle Publishing for $3.99 that I would receive while taking a shit or watching the latest Game of Thrones gave me butterflies. I MADE PASSIVE INCOME!!!! F*ck YEA!!

This would not cut it though and parents were on my a$$...

I had soon discovered software coding bootcamps and moved to Colorado from the bubble of Long Island, New York. Within 7 months of hard work I learned junior level software engineer skills through this bootcamp and landed an awesome job here in Phoenix, Arizona (I know slowlane but I had to start somewhere).

It has been a year, I am now 24 years old and have some money saved. I want to get into investing in real estate here in Arizona as it is affordable. Besides this, I have many programming ideas and apps. I just created an automatic Facebook Group poster using my own knowledge that posts a marketing message to about 80 groups.

I have created a website [link removed by moderator]. This website finds the cheapest textbooks from amazon, alibris, abebooks and a few others and orders the books cheapest to most. I make affiliate sales from this but have not made one in many months (due to lack of dedication in marketing it) but this facebook poster I hope helps with marketing it.

Besides this, I am starting to find clientele who need websites/apps developed. I already foresee problems with this though as coding takes a shit load of my time. It is not passive unless I outsource and I feel guilty/would not want random people doing projects that I am assigned. I know I would do projects with utmost quality while others will not.

Some of my goals:

- Create some type of SaaS (software as a service) product that pays recurring passive income payments
- Create a bunch of affiliate sites (not sure about this one as it violates control aspect)
- Start investing in real estate by end of May/June when my lease is up. I was inspired by @G_Alexander post: GOLD - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
- Learn about SEO

I really want to create my first REAL CONSISTANT money tree. I want something that will yield 400-500 a month passively by the end of 2017.

If anyone has programming/app/website questions feel free to PM me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello! I am new to the forum but had read the fastlane millionaire book a few years ago and it really struck a chord. It was so simply and beautifully written and it made so much sense to me. The methodologies, the growth mindset the pure realism behind each idea and explanation I digress...

I am a college graduate who was depressed and pissed off at the education system. 4 years wasted in a degree I don't even use. I finished the degree in Biology at the time because I was already 3 years deep. I did not want to go to med school I was so sick of school and thought there needs to be something else. I liked programming but I did not want to start a new degree and wanted to get the F*ck outta school and start working/making money...

Months went by and I was lost. Schemes and failures at creating a successful business continued. I would never be dedicated enough. I also lacked programming knowledge (seemed to be missing in all my endeavors) and got scammed a few times wasting time and money...

I finally said F*ck it and started to write my first e book. I created an ebook about freestyle rapping ( one of my hobbies) and surprisingly, I sold multiple copies. Though not many sold (probably about 30-40) that email from Amazon Kindle Publishing for $3.99 that I would receive while taking a shit or watching the latest Game of Thrones gave me butterflies. I MADE PASSIVE INCOME!!!! F*ck YEA!!

This would not cut it though and parents were on my a$$...

I had soon discovered software coding bootcamps and moved to Colorado from the bubble of Long Island, New York. Within 7 months of hard work I learned junior level software engineer skills through this bootcamp and landed an awesome job here in Phoenix, Arizona (I know slowlane but I had to start somewhere).

It has been a year, I am now 24 years old and have some money saved. I want to get into investing in real estate here in Arizona as it is affordable. Besides this, I have many programming ideas and apps. I just created an automatic Facebook Group poster using my own knowledge that posts a marketing message to about 80 groups.

I have created a website [link removed by moderator]. This website finds the cheapest textbooks from amazon, alibris, abebooks and a few others and orders the books cheapest to most. I make affiliate sales from this but have not made one in many months (due to lack of dedication in marketing it) but this facebook poster I hope helps with marketing it.

Besides this, I am starting to find clientele who need websites/apps developed. I already foresee problems with this though as coding takes a shit load of my time. It is not passive unless I outsource and I feel guilty/would not want random people doing projects that I am assigned. I know I would do projects with utmost quality while others will not.

Some of my goals:

- Create some type of SaaS (software as a service) product that pays recurring passive income payments
- Create a bunch of affiliate sites (not sure about this one as it violates control aspect)
- Start investing in real estate by end of May/June when my lease is up. I was inspired by @G_Alexander post: GOLD - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
- Learn about SEO

I really want to create my first REAL CONSISTANT money tree. I want something that will yield 400-500 a month passively by the end of 2017.

If anyone has programming/app/website questions feel free to PM me!
Welcome to the forum. You seem to be moving in the right direction, and with eyes open.

I've removed the link and edited out a couple of words.

As for not wanting to outsource, you may wish to read "Built to Sell", and listen to these two podcasts:
www.tropicalmba.com/consulting
www.tropicalmba.com/services

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Welcome to the forum! How long did it take you to write the ebook and does it actually provide a decent amount of passive income? I'm very new to entrepreneurship so I'm really trying to explore multiple avenues and figure out a few ideas that might interest me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum neighbor and thank you for the introduction.

Forget about this. If you don't, it will prevent you from seeing any kind of progress. Only start thinking about it until AFTER you start making money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum!

I went from NY --> FL --> AZ.

Watch the meetup threads. We'll have another Phoenix/Scottsdale meetup in the near future.

OAK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 13, 2017
Phoenix
Welcome to the forum! How long did it take you to write the ebook and does it actually provide a decent amount of passive income? I'm very new to entrepreneurship so I'm really trying to explore multiple avenues and figure out a few ideas that might interest me.

It think it took me about a month. It was a while ago and I have much bigger ideas with products that will actually help people in software mostly. I am also fairly new to entrepreneurship (though been doing it for a a while, half-assedley). As for the ebook, I never even marketed it but I just put it up on Kindle publishing on Amazon and started getting a few sales a month. There are definitley better ways to do this, like if I had a blog or joined rap and music forums to market it. It about 35 pages long.

Welcome to the forum!

I went from NY --> FL --> AZ.

Watch the meetup threads. We'll have another Phoenix/Scottsdale meetup in the near future.

Awesome. I did not know there were meetups and will definitely keep an eye out for them. I am currently living in Tempe.
Welcome to the forum neighbor and thank you for the introduction.

Forget about this. If you don't, it will prevent you from seeing any kind of progress. Only start thinking about it until AFTER you start making money.
First off thanks a million for replying so quick! Its so cool to be talking to the author of the book. What do you mean it will effect my progress? I feel I am just setting a goal to reach and hopefully surpass.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...