OAK
New Contributor
Hello! I am new to the forum but had read the fastlane millionaire book a few years ago and it really struck a chord. It was so simply and beautifully written and it made so much sense to me. The methodologies, the growth mindset the pure realism behind each idea and explanation I digress...
I am a college graduate who was depressed and pissed off at the education system. 4 years wasted in a degree I don't even use. I finished the degree in Biology at the time because I was already 3 years deep. I did not want to go to med school I was so sick of school and thought there needs to be something else. I liked programming but I did not want to start a new degree and wanted to get the F*ck outta school and start working/making money...
Months went by and I was lost. Schemes and failures at creating a successful business continued. I would never be dedicated enough. I also lacked programming knowledge (seemed to be missing in all my endeavors) and got scammed a few times wasting time and money...
I finally said F*ck it and started to write my first e book. I created an ebook about freestyle rapping ( one of my hobbies) and surprisingly, I sold multiple copies. Though not many sold (probably about 30-40) that email from Amazon Kindle Publishing for $3.99 that I would receive while taking a shit or watching the latest Game of Thrones gave me butterflies. I MADE PASSIVE INCOME!!!! F*ck YEA!!
This would not cut it though and parents were on my a$$...
I had soon discovered software coding bootcamps and moved to Colorado from the bubble of Long Island, New York. Within 7 months of hard work I learned junior level software engineer skills through this bootcamp and landed an awesome job here in Phoenix, Arizona (I know slowlane but I had to start somewhere).
It has been a year, I am now 24 years old and have some money saved. I want to get into investing in real estate here in Arizona as it is affordable. Besides this, I have many programming ideas and apps. I just created an automatic Facebook Group poster using my own knowledge that posts a marketing message to about 80 groups.
I have created a website [link removed by moderator]. This website finds the cheapest textbooks from amazon, alibris, abebooks and a few others and orders the books cheapest to most. I make affiliate sales from this but have not made one in many months (due to lack of dedication in marketing it) but this facebook poster I hope helps with marketing it.
Besides this, I am starting to find clientele who need websites/apps developed. I already foresee problems with this though as coding takes a shit load of my time. It is not passive unless I outsource and I feel guilty/would not want random people doing projects that I am assigned. I know I would do projects with utmost quality while others will not.
Some of my goals:
- Create some type of SaaS (software as a service) product that pays recurring passive income payments
- Create a bunch of affiliate sites (not sure about this one as it violates control aspect)
- Start investing in real estate by end of May/June when my lease is up. I was inspired by @G_Alexander post: GOLD - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
- Learn about SEO
I really want to create my first REAL CONSISTANT money tree. I want something that will yield 400-500 a month passively by the end of 2017.
If anyone has programming/app/website questions feel free to PM me!
I am a college graduate who was depressed and pissed off at the education system. 4 years wasted in a degree I don't even use. I finished the degree in Biology at the time because I was already 3 years deep. I did not want to go to med school I was so sick of school and thought there needs to be something else. I liked programming but I did not want to start a new degree and wanted to get the F*ck outta school and start working/making money...
Months went by and I was lost. Schemes and failures at creating a successful business continued. I would never be dedicated enough. I also lacked programming knowledge (seemed to be missing in all my endeavors) and got scammed a few times wasting time and money...
I finally said F*ck it and started to write my first e book. I created an ebook about freestyle rapping ( one of my hobbies) and surprisingly, I sold multiple copies. Though not many sold (probably about 30-40) that email from Amazon Kindle Publishing for $3.99 that I would receive while taking a shit or watching the latest Game of Thrones gave me butterflies. I MADE PASSIVE INCOME!!!! F*ck YEA!!
This would not cut it though and parents were on my a$$...
I had soon discovered software coding bootcamps and moved to Colorado from the bubble of Long Island, New York. Within 7 months of hard work I learned junior level software engineer skills through this bootcamp and landed an awesome job here in Phoenix, Arizona (I know slowlane but I had to start somewhere).
It has been a year, I am now 24 years old and have some money saved. I want to get into investing in real estate here in Arizona as it is affordable. Besides this, I have many programming ideas and apps. I just created an automatic Facebook Group poster using my own knowledge that posts a marketing message to about 80 groups.
I have created a website [link removed by moderator]. This website finds the cheapest textbooks from amazon, alibris, abebooks and a few others and orders the books cheapest to most. I make affiliate sales from this but have not made one in many months (due to lack of dedication in marketing it) but this facebook poster I hope helps with marketing it.
Besides this, I am starting to find clientele who need websites/apps developed. I already foresee problems with this though as coding takes a shit load of my time. It is not passive unless I outsource and I feel guilty/would not want random people doing projects that I am assigned. I know I would do projects with utmost quality while others will not.
Some of my goals:
- Create some type of SaaS (software as a service) product that pays recurring passive income payments
- Create a bunch of affiliate sites (not sure about this one as it violates control aspect)
- Start investing in real estate by end of May/June when my lease is up. I was inspired by @G_Alexander post: GOLD - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free
- Learn about SEO
I really want to create my first REAL CONSISTANT money tree. I want something that will yield 400-500 a month passively by the end of 2017.
If anyone has programming/app/website questions feel free to PM me!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
