The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got My First Sale On a New Product.. Now What?

Marketing, social media, advertising

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
So I made a product where it's a club for teenagers that workout and it's a bunch of good information, videos, etc. All I did was put the link to it in my linktree links and out of no where I got a sale for a $8.95 recurring charge without even marketing the product. What should be my next steps ?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So I made a product where it's a club for teenagers that workout and it's a bunch of good information, videos, etc. All I did was put the link to it in my linktree links and out of no where I got a sale for a $8.95 recurring charge without even marketing the product. What should be my next steps ?

Thanks

Promising to hear, could be early evidence of a productocracy. Now you sell 1,000,000 more and start marketing while ramping up content. Obviously someone saw value in your content, enough to buy. Congrats.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Promising to hear, could be early evidence of a productocracy. Now you sell 1,000,000 more and start marketing while ramping up content. Obviously someone saw value in your content, enough to buy. Congrats.
MJ, you have no idea what kind of fire this comment just sparked in me. I will never forget this reply. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thank you. Do you think that even though I’ve got an audience on social media it would be a good idea to utilize google AdWords and things of that nature?
I'm no expert at marketing (more of an operations and financial guy, who happens to be an engineer), but I would say yes. Honestly I think you should do everything you can.

@Andy Black @BizyDad and obviously @MJ DeMarco are great at marketing so I'd listen to them.

There are lots of great marketers on this forum, many with GOLD posts.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thank you. Do you think that even though I’ve got an audience on social media it would be a good idea to utilize google AdWords and things of that nature?
Congrats on your first sale!

Where did that first sale come from? I’d say do more of that first till you’re consistently making sales, then start adding more strings to your bow.

Consider making a Google Sheet and name it “Weekly Trading”. Each row is a week. Have columns for sales, enquiries, posts to social media, comments you made, impressions/views, etc (whatever’s appropriate for you marketing channel and business). Have one column that allows you to put high level notes in the cell for that week to describe changes made.

That’s your business dashboard.

Create a weekly journal of what you did and why, including screenshots etc. Create a new doc/thread each week. As the weeks go by you may see step changes (up or down!) in the Weekly Trading and can go back to that weekly thread to see more details on what was done and why.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Congrats on your first sale!

Where did that first sale come from? I’d say do more of that first till you’re consistently making sales, then start adding more strings to your bow.

Consider making a Google Sheet and name it “Weekly Trading”. Each row is a week. Have columns for sales, enquiries, posts to social media, comments you made, impressions/views, etc (whatever’s appropriate for you marketing channel and business). Have one column that allows you to put high level notes in the cell for that week to describe changes made.

That’s your business dashboard.

Create a weekly journal of what you did and why, including screenshots etc. Create a new doc/thread each week. As the weeks go by you may see step changes (up or down!) in the Weekly Trading and can go back to that weekly thread to see more details on what was done and why.
Thank You Andy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.