The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Created a product, now what? How do you get OUT there

Marketing, social media, advertising

liams_bad_at_biz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom
So I've created a supplement for men. Got the label designed and a 3D render.

I've made 4 tiktok/reels on educational content around my niche but haven't had any traction on them.

Sorry if this is an incredibly stupid and shallow question, but what do I do next? How do I get my product out there and market it? What did you do to start your e-commerce product?

Problem is I don't have any stock yet. I could maybe look into making them myself to start or take a risk and have a sample order made (will cost around $2000)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
630%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
"Hi I want to be a successful NBA basketball player. I bought some shorts and a basketball and I have taken 4 shots and ran a lap. What else do I need to do to become a professional and sign a contract for millions?"

It's sorta like that.

The number one most important thing is the attention. It's more important than whatever the hell you want to sell.

Buy it, or get it for free. Make content, or advertise in some way. If you're going to advertise it needs to be extremely well done and creative so that you can actually turn a profit. If you're going to make content and get it for free, you'll need to become an authority figure in that area and put out stuff that helps a lot of people and expect to need to put out 1000 pieces of good stuff before expecting any results.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Take some dirty, ugly, messy, action.

Get away from the computer screen and face to face with some real live customers and your speed will increase 10-100 times faster.

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
@liams_bad_at_biz - If you don't have any stock, what action are you hoping people take on your TikTok videos?

The questions seem placed out of context. Johnny Boy's NBA analogy was spot on. This will probably demotivate you and make you upset but, why is your product better? Have you had any validation in the market? Why would someone decide to spend their money on your supplement versus other supplements?

I work with a lot of successful e-commerce brands. Think top 100 in the Shopify ecosystem. Two things they do really well:

They F*cking nail their market niche and product. I know a coffee brand out in Texas that sells to blue collar workers and he absolutely nailed his niche. Some of his videos get 1m+ TikTok views and I've seen him make $10,000 in sales after one video. But again, he nailed the niche (he used to be an oil rig worker, so he was his buyer), a great product (had a relationship with a Guatemalan farmer for very good coffee at a great cost) and was a marketing machine. For start-up e-commerce brands, it isn't uncommon for the founders to get seriously involved as well, personal branding is big in the e-commerce space. Unless you are building a generic brand. I've also worked with people who sell generic clothing brands and make $200,000 a month. But again - market niche and good product.

Also...Takes F*cking time. Almost none of them had been in business less than 2 years. It takes that F*cking long to even get some traction.

I applaud you for taking a step that most people haven't taken. You are on the right path and it is very encouraging that you are taking action, asking for feedback, etc. Surely you'll pivot and get to where you want to be.

liams_bad_at_biz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom
"Hi I want to be a successful NBA basketball player. I bought some shorts and a basketball and I have taken 4 shots and ran a lap. What else do I need to do to become a professional and sign a contract for millions?"

It's sorta like that.

The number one most important thing is the attention. It's more important than whatever the hell you want to sell.

Buy it, or get it for free. Make content, or advertise in some way. If you're going to advertise it needs to be extremely well done and creative so that you can actually turn a profit. If you're going to make content and get it for free, you'll need to become an authority figure in that area and put out stuff that helps a lot of people and expect to need to put out 1000 pieces of good stuff before expecting any results.
What did you do? From what you're saying I should be starting with building a following first, product 2nd. Or payed ads that are very well done

liams_bad_at_biz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Take some dirty, ugly, messy, action.

Get away from the computer screen and face to face with some real live customers and your speed will increase 10-100 times faster.
And do what exactly? Why is working from a computer bad? What exactly is taking dirty, ugly, messy action? Giving some weird macho fetish vibes with that response

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
What exactly is taking dirty, ugly, messy action?
it means get out, scope and get face2face with your target audience/niche cx. no macho vibes or undertones sensed..... everyone and their goddamn mother is doing a supplement business. what is going to make yours stand out?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I've created a supplement for men. Got the label designed and a 3D render.

I've made 4 tiktok/reels on educational content around my niche but haven't had any traction on them.

Sorry if this is an incredibly stupid and shallow question, but what do I do next? How do I get my product out there and market it? What did you do to start your e-commerce product?

Problem is I don't have any stock yet. I could maybe look into making them myself to start or take a risk and have a sample order made (will cost around $2000)
1) "A market is people already spending money."
(Damian Thompson)

2) "Who already has your customers?"
(Jay Abraham)

Are there online communities of people *already* spending money solving the problem your supplements solve?

Can you join them as a peer and become a helpful, supportive, and valued member of the community, get a better idea of what they want, get known as being helpful, get known as being knowledgeable, then get ASKED if you have anything for sale?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.