The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google Adsense PWC Scam

A post of a ranting nature...

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
So, I have an Adsense account dormant from days gone by. Yesterday, I get a letter from Price Waterhouse Cooper on behalf of Google Adsense.

The PWC letter on Googles behalf is a little vague but it seems that I have money setting in my Adsense account. The PWC letter tells me to log into my Google Adsence account and then follow the directions to get my money. If I fail to log into my account and follow the instructions, my money will be sent to my states unclaimed funds office.

So, I log into my dormant Google Adsense account to see what's going on. Yup, I have $94 in my Google Asense account just like the Price Watehouse Cooper says.

Point 1: Google still has a $100 payment threshold.
Point 2: Google Adsense dormant accounts are those where there has been no account activity for x number of years.
Point 3: Logging into your Google Adsense account counts as a form of account activity.

Score one for Price Waterhouse Cooper for tricking me into reactivating a dormant account and restarting the clock. Slick. Lucky me that $94 isn't all that important.

Of course others will find this post and be forewarned of the Google Adsense Price Waterhouse Cooper unclaimed money scam. So, I feel vindicated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't quite follow. What would have happened if you hadn't logged in? Where would the money have been sent?

Can you get another $6 in earnings and withdraw?

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't quite follow. What would have happened if you hadn't logged in? Where would the money have been sent?

Can you get another $6 in earnings and withdraw?
Most states have rules that if a company has money held for another person, that after so many years it needs to be remitted to the state. The individual can then submit a claim for that money. If it's physical goods, it's often sold, and the money is retained for the individual.
This can be anything from dormant bank accounts, to gift cards, stock dividends, insurance payments, etc. It's worth checking your state database every now and then.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.