The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going "All-In" on ONE cryptocurrency... which?

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Which crypto coin is your ALL-IN investment?

• Bitcoin

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Ethereum

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • Monero

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Cardano

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Vechain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solana

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Lukso

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Litecoin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Chainlink

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I shorted ETH and LITE and made A LOT of money. Bitcoin is going to be the only survivor. LONG ON BITCOIN LIKE THIEL SAYS

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
I shorted ETH and LITE and made A LOT of money.

No you didn't.

The Landfill - I told y’all about crypto

2L42U4R.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Let me restate this again...

Your LIFE depends on your choice.

If you pick the wrong coin and it fails, you DIE.

I think if everyone understood this hypothetical, some of these selections wouldn't be selections.

My choice stands. BTC. It's not going anywhere in 5 years, and I believe I will have substantially over-indexed compared to S&P or NASDAQ. I don't know if that's true for any other coin out there, including ETH.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I looked at cryptos and decided the best move was to stay off it.

It's too volatile and despite everyone telling me it's "decentralized" and cannot be "manipulated" - I disagree.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various

I think if everyone understood this hypothetical, some of these selections wouldn't be selections.
LOL, then definitely Bitcoin. It'll always be here, even if just for nostalgia and buying shrooms.

I come off here as anti-crypto due to the scammy bullshit and true believerism it's all coated in at the moment. But I'll always be in awe at Satoshi Nakamoto -- the most badass mathematician who ever lived. Makes billions of dollars anonymously just sending some ingenious text into the internet, and doesn't even care to spend it. Just did it for the kicks. The guy is a superman, and if any cryptocurrency is being used in the future, it'll be the direct central descendent of his creation, not some DOGE joke.

John March

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 20, 2018
France
LOL, then definitely Bitcoin. It'll always be here, even if just for nostalgia and buying shrooms.

I come off here as anti-crypto due to the scammy bullshit and true believerism it's all coated in at the moment. But I'll always be in awe at Satoshi Nakamoto -- the most badass mathematician who ever lived. Makes billions of dollars anonymously just sending some ingenious text into the internet, and doesn't even care to spend it. Just did it for the kicks. The guy is a superman, and if any cryptocurrency is being used in the future, it'll be the direct central descendent of his creation, not some DOGE joke.
i agree

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I shorted ETH and LITE and made A LOT of money. Bitcoin is going to be the only survivor. LONG ON BITCOIN LIKE THIEL SAYS

Should've shorted Bitcoin too at this rate. Still plenty of room for it to drop further without violating the long term trend.

Long term though? Yeah, it'll just be one of its massive "corrections".

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
None. Why? Because it ALL depends on BTC. If BTC goes down, by large everything else goes down with it. As long as all projects are paired with BTC I'm not comfortable in keeping large amounts of money in it.

Also all the 'partnerships' are still mostly just organizations testing the waters with the technology, and nothing exclusive as of yet, even though the cryptos make it look like so (looking at you VEN).

I put in a few thousand last year fully expecting it to lose, it turned into a lot more where I counted my blessings and cashed out. Still keeping an eye on everything from the sidelines though

But if I HAD to choose, it would be tether lol

Last edited:

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri

In that case...Tom Brady.

But seriously, ETH. I have no clue abouit crypto but the little bit of research I've done shows more traditional institutions adopting it as an actual, usable technology for tracking/posting transactions. If the biggest names in finance are adopting the technology it seems to me it has the best long term odds for success and eventual mainstream adoption.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ethereum

most LT potential to do many, many things if successful globally. Also has what, 200 major corps aligned with it

LTC is a steal here too

"Steal" is right as it sounds like LTC's LitePay was nothing more than fraud.

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
On the same topic if anyone is interested in learning about Blockchain and bitcoin there is a free course on Coursea that I am currently taking.

Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies | Coursera

I am not associated with the site but it was recommended to me as the best way free way to learn about block chain technology.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah

For those of you not following the train of thought, it's not about making money.

It's about survival.

When you're looking at any emerging market, especially, it's not always push and shove with respect to first movers and market share gatherers.

In fact, in the business world (mostly capitalism, in general), the first mover is rarely the last man standing.

In technology, it's actually somewhat magnified, too.

What cryptocurrency stands out, to you, in a practical sense, a business sense, a technological sense, and, probably most importantly, by way of utility? Which coin has a legitimate purpose, a legitimate use case, and if you want to get picky...

which one, if isolated, could operate on its own?​

Price has nothing to do with anything right now, quite honestly.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

I cringe every time someone posts something like this. I see the "lol" at the end, so I get that you're probably joking, but for the benefit of those who may not know, what is Tether and why would I cringe at such a statement?

Tether is a private company that promises to back every USDT coin with US dollars 1:1, and also promises to conduct and publish regular audits on its funds. This doesn't sound so bad, what's the problem? Well, they never actually produce any audits and instead sever relations with their auditors. Meanwhile, they continue to print millions of new USDT. Sound like anything familiar? ;)

*Cue epic cringe*

Until Tether releases an audit by a reputable audit company, holding USDT is all risk and zero reward.

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
I cringe every time someone posts something like this. I see the "lol" at the end, so I get that you're probably joking, but for the benefit of those who may not know, what is Tether and why would I cringe at such a statement?

Tether is a private company that promises to back every USDT coin with US dollars 1:1, and also promises to conduct and publish regular audits on its funds. This doesn't sound so bad, what's the problem? Well, they never actually produce any audits and instead sever relations with their auditors. Meanwhile, they continue to print millions of new USDT. Sound like anything familiar? ;)

*Cue epic cringe*

Until Tether releases an audit by a reputable audit company, holding USDT is all risk and zero reward.

I bet crypto will continue to fall this year, and I bet tether will manage to survive for that long. If I put money in USDT today I could buy cheaper coins for that amount later, where as if I put money in other coins I bet it would drop in value. Obviously keeping cold hard cash is better.

Projects are valued in the billions and have done nothing but consume huge amounts of computing power and provide no real solution to the world. Except if you count stuff like crypto kitties, which was 2D cats that managed to clog about 80% of the ETH network. Founder of LTC warned people about investing in december when he cashed out due to suspecting a new multiple year bear market coming up, that lasted last time from 2013-2017

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I bet crypto will continue to fall this year, and I bet tether will manage to survive for that long. If I put money in USDT today I could buy cheaper coins for that amount later, where as if I put money in other coins I bet it would drop in value. Obviously keeping cold hard cash is better.

Projects are valued in the billions and have done nothing but consume huge amounts of computing power and provide no real solution to the world. Except if you count stuff like crypto kitties, which was 2D cats that managed to clog about 80% of the ETH network. Founder of LTC warned people about investing in december when he cashed out due to suspecting a new multiple year bear market coming up, that lasted last time from 2013-2017

It was 2013-2015 to be precise.

The latest rally that ended with BTC @ almost $20,000 started in August 2015 with a low of around $150 per coin.

The bull market that seems to have gotten everyone talking actually started in 2015, so here's a question that some of you may like to ponder: How late were you to the party?

P.S. Ethereum's run started a little later than Bitcoin's, that was October 2015 and they were trading for $0.40 at that time. (Date edited, for some reason I typed 2010).

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
For those of you not following the train of thought, it's not about making money.

It's about survival.

When you're looking at any emerging market, especially, it's not always push and shove with respect to first movers and market share gatherers.

In fact, in the business world (mostly capitalism, in general), the first mover is rarely the last man standing.

In technology, it's actually somewhat magnified, too.

What cryptocurrency stands out, to you, in a practical sense, a business sense, a technological sense, and, probably most importantly, by way of utility? Which coin has a legitimate purpose, a legitimate use case, and if you want to get picky...

which one, if isolated, could operate on its own?​

Price has nothing to do with anything right now, quite honestly.

Not sure if you're referring to me saying BTC is the one I would choose. Yes, I understand the question. And yes, when it comes to survival, I would still choose BTC.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Despite Bitcoin being my pick; the fact that "Satoshi Nakamoto" still owns 1 million of the coins (as @GoGetter24 mentioned above) is still a major concern of mine.

If bitcoin is to become this world-wide currency used by the masses, how do you feel about the fact that 1 person (or group of persons) owns about 1/17th of the total supply? (Or over 1/20th when they're all mined).

I know It doesn't sit too well with me.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
If bitcoin is to become this world-wide currency used by the masses, how do you feel about the fact that 1 person (or group of persons) owns about 1/17th of the total supply?

IMHO That's a leap. I don't think Bitcoin will own the entire market. But it will still exist. And if I was betting my life on one, it would be that one, since I am most confident it will still be around and viable.

Also, the person/group who made a new widely adopted worldwide currency should be pretty well compensated, imho.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I second @Vigilante.

F*** crypto. 1200 dollar portfolio now worth 300. They say you only lose money when you sell. But for now I'm sayin' I lost money. #HODL for life :playful:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
IMHO That's a leap. I don't think Bitcoin will own the entire market. But it will still exist. And if I was betting my life on one, it would be that one, since I am most confident it will still be around and viable.

Also, the person/group who made a new widely adopted worldwide currency should be pretty well compensated, imho.

Of course it's a leap, but that's one thing some people think will happen. That it will become some global currency used by the masses and/or a worldwide reserve currency.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I mean, Isn't bitcoin meant to get away from 1 person and/or group of people being in control of the monetary supply? How does that work when 1 million of 17 million coins is under the control of one entity?

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I mean, Isn't bitcoin meant to get away from 1 person and/or group of people being in control of the monetary supply? How does that work when 1 million of 17 million coins is under the control of one entity?

Not sure I follow. How does one person having a ton of wealth mean that said person is controlling the flow of capital?

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
None. Why? Because it ALL depends on BTC. If BTC goes down, by large everything else goes down with it. As long as all projects are paired with BTC I'm not comfortable in keeping large amounts of money in it.

Also all the 'partnerships' are still mostly just organizations testing the waters with the technology, and nothing exclusive as of yet, even though the cryptos make it look like so (looking at you VEN).

I put in a few thousand last year fully expecting it to lose, it turned into a lot more where I counted my blessings and cashed out. Still keeping an eye on everything from the sidelines though

Alts depend on BTC at the moment, but I firmly believe that things will look very different in under a year from now. Exchange competition is really hotting up right now. Fiat/alt pairs coming soon. Then you have major companies/smart cities utilizing the individual crypto (although this will take longer).

VeChain have many partners that have signed deals and are actively using their consortium chain - In a few months they will gradually move over to the public chain. Luca from DNV GL said "these are not pilot projects either, we are talking about projects that are running and live".

Then theres the Gui'an New Area - "The Administrative Examination and Approval Bureau of Gui’an New Area has already started using the E-Government System powered by VeChain Thors blockchain technology to store the business registration related documents, such as a business certificate, bank account certificate, tax registration, organization code, foreign trade registration, audit report"

Oh, and look out for the carbon bank ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.