The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Global goals without a path, how to?

L457dwj

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 31, 2018
Hello! Thank you for reading my post first of all.

I've been working for about 2 years now and I always knew there was a piece of me missing. I love to be in control, decide where to go next and make my own living. So my own business is a great plan.

The problem I'm facing is I don't know what my goal is. Globally I have some goals like what amount of money I want to reach, what it will mean to me personal, my family and what kind of stuff I want to own (house/car etc.).

Sounds very money focussed but actually I'm not! These are just my end goals and the missing part is 'HOW'. I've never had some amazing interest in one thing like some people do (kids who know for sure what they want to become) so that's holding me back at this point.

How am I going to reach my set goals? I need to make them more specific, I know. But it would help a lot if I had a direction on how to reach my goals, in what way?

So how do I figure out what I truly love or being passionate about so I can focus on that and make my own business out of it? Or should I just seek for problems and try to solve them (problem solving business), if yes, how do I find the problems people are facing daily?

Thank you for reading my post and waiting for all your replies :).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Hello! Thank you for reading my post first of all.

I've been working for about 2 years now and I always knew there was a piece of me missing. I love to be in control, decide where to go next and make my own living. So my own business is a great plan.

The problem I'm facing is I don't know what my goal is. Globally I have some goals like what amount of money I want to reach, what it will mean to me personal, my family and what kind of stuff I want to own (house/car etc.).

Sounds very money focussed but actually I'm not! These are just my end goals and the missing part is 'HOW'. I've never had some amazing interest in one thing like some people do (kids who know for sure what they want to become) so that's holding me back at this point.

How am I going to reach my set goals? I need to make them more specific, I know. But it would help a lot if I had a direction on how to reach my goals, in what way?

So how do I figure out what I truly love or being passionate about so I can focus on that and make my own business out of it? Or should I just seek for problems and try to solve them (problem solving business), if yes, how do I find the problems people are facing daily?

Thank you for reading my post and waiting for all your replies :).
Hi, and welcome !

I just reread TMF 's chapter about need so may be I can help you with his mental model.
You have to differentiate the Why from the How.
The why is what makes you passionate. For some it's playing golf all day, for others helping their parents, get an awesome boat, ... It's what fuels you through hard times and makes you keep doing the dirty work. It's not with your why alone that you'll get to your goal, because no one cares about what you love, except if you're really good (0.1% good) at it.

So you better not chase money with it, but instead chase what attracts money (think of a cat : if you chase it, it will run, but if you bring cat food, it will eat in your hand). What attracts money is value. Value can mean anything as soon as it helps your fellow man.

Areas that are attractive and fun usually mean low margins and crowded market because everybody is doing it. Areas that are unattractive and not sexy usually presents good business opportunities because no one is willing to do it.

Use your why to stay motivated and look for a way to bring value to get to it.

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

Love and passion don't pay the bills. Great for hobbies. Not always so great for business. It's nice when they intersect, but not necessary for them to.

To find problems... look to what you know. Look at your industry, your hobbies, your interests. What do people in those spaces complain about? What do they wish they had? What do they wish was easier?

Open your eyes and look around you. The opportunities are there.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I would read "So Good They Can't Ignore You" (among other things because of the concept of the adjacent possible and how passion should not be your compass) and "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" for the part about leadership, management and understanding other people and your environment.

It it unlikely that your main problem is that you do not have better goals.

Personally I think that not being confident regarding the next steps to take is a concern that many people here do not take seriously enough.
Currently the sentiment seems to be that doing anything beats doing nothing every single time.
Then, when people end up stuck because they chose poorly, it is obviously because they violated rules that nobody reminded them of.

"The Millionaire Fastlane " does point out the viable business approaches and the CENTS Commandments are solid. You could roll a dice to decide which kind of business to go for and once you have an idea that satisfies the constraints, then you should take a leap of faith and start executing by all means.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.