• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

RANT Getting Unscripted at 50! What the hell was I thinking?

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Razzle, May 17, 2019.

1. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Working for other people my whole life, and nothing to show for it. Have to get Unscripted asap. If I had these books 30 years ago life would be dfferent. Time to go forward and kick some a$$!

2. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,839
    Welcome to the fastlane. Better late than never.

SMH, ruzara5, Rob-Y and 3 others like this.
  3. Kade

Kade Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $204
    This reddit post might inspire you:
    Retiring this year after 20 years as an entrepreneur : Entrepreneur

B. Cole, Eisenstein, Xeon and 4 others like this.
  4. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,366
    Welcome aboard Razzle. I feel your pain. Our journey is easier said than done, so keep an open mind and reach out to this forum as often as needed. There's so much great knowledge being shared here that it takes a while to digest it all. The GOLD and NOTABLE threads are great places to start. You'll also find recommended books to read to help with your journey.

ruzara5, Rob-Y, DaDream and 2 others like this.
  5. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,871
    Welcome to the forum !

It's never too late to join the party. Age is only a number... and you've got experience that you can use to turn into a business... this is leverage !

ruzara5, Runum, Kruiser and 2 others like this.
  6. LinorCG

LinorCG Business Building Warrior Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,254
    Welcome to the forum!

What to be thankful for - "you're still here!"
    Means, every single day you have time to start again. As @Jeff Noel said, you have experience...use it to your advantage, help people in your field who has less, tell your story and add value to people's lives.

Also, the more important matter is...having a clarity, vision, outlook on how you view life when you said - if you had these books 30 yrs ago, your life would be different.

7. Isaac Oh

Isaac Oh Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $956
    Don't underestimate experience. Or at least that's what all the experienced people have told me lol.

You already have much more insight into the real world that me. Leverage that. You're already high up. It's just a matter of tweaking mindsets and actions.

8. Valhalla

Valhalla Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $908
    That's great! I wouldn't even say it's late, can't wait to see what you create, cheers

Real Deal Denver and Runum like this.
  9. Timmy C

Timmy C I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,234
    One of the upsides you have over a lot of us younger fastlaners, is a whole bunch of life experience to draw from!

Good to have you here!

Onwards and upwards!

Razzle, Xeon and Runum like this.
  10. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,366
    I got a laugh out of that as well. :rofl:

Razzle and Timmy C like this.
  11. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,781
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the forum.

That's as simple as identifying as Unscripted. That can happen in an instant. Then your results eventually follow. It's never too late to FREE yourself.

12. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks for the encouragement Runum!

Runum likes this.
  13. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks MJ!

Rob-Y likes this.
  14. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
  15. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    It means a lot to hear from everyone!

16. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Encouragement from the Land Down Under! What a forum! Going to love this!

17. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thanks for the advice! Love the forum already!

18. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Great advice. I have too look at things differently now, Serious self evaluation.

19. Andreas Thrane

Andreas Thrane Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $209
    Welcome onboard. I feel sad because i read Unscripted at age 31, started my first business at age 32, but i guess its never too later.

Looking forward to read about your journey.

20. WJK

WJK Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,717
    You can reinvent yourself at any age. 50 is young these days -- you have time to live a whole another life. So, you are changing your paradigm. That takes a great deal of reflection after you have had that jolt of new understanding. Your challenge is to take all those years of experience and repackage them so YOU can use them differently. Take inventory. Listen. Ask questions. Watch. Understand. Explore. Test your new reality. With your new insights, you may be able to just tweak your direction rather making sudden radical changes. Start something on the side within your skill set. See how it goes. What do you need to adjust? What can you do better? What new skills do you need to learn or hire-out to compliment your skill base? It's a long learning curve, so it will have its bumps and bruises. Hang in there!

Andy Black, MJ DeMarco and Guest921Y like this.
  21. Guest921Y

Guest921Y Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,929
    At 44, I feel the same way.. wish I had done this years ago. But my life was different as a housewife.. never even thought about it.

22. Guest921Y

Guest921Y Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,929
    When I see posts on here from people in their 20's, saying they feel lost and hopeless, I think to myself how lucky they are to be so young!

rollerskates likes this.
  23. WJK

WJK Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,717
    This Fastlane path to success didn't even exist when I was young. And women sure didn't excel in most businesses. The doors were slammed closed to us. So, some of us old dogs have had to learn new tricks as the world changed. You're blessed to be ONLY 44.

(At that age, I had just gone back to law school and graduated. My kids were grown and on their own. Oh, and my husband had divorced me. He ran off to Asia and got him a Chinese wife whom he hoped would be more obedient...)

Back to you. You're now old enough to have a treasure chest of good sense that comes with experience. You're not too old to use your skill sets and strike out in a new direction. Good luck and God's speed.

Guest921Y likes this.
  24. paulyh

paulyh New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $153
    Well done Razzle! It is a bit shocking to the system when the veil is lifted and you see an alternative perspective staring you in the the face. For most of us, I think we always suspected there was something hiding behind the curtain but didn't know how to pull it back. Like you I am around that 50 year mark, but have been fortunately mentored by my father in business, and chose to live in a lifestyle focused environment. My passion in life has always been skiing. But rather than getting a job in the ski industry ( which is generaly minimum wage, and is eventually a passion killer ) I started a business that earned enough money to pay for my passions and left lots of free time in the winter to pursue. As time went on and as I focused more energy on it, my business has become mostly fastlane. I'm still working on getting it to a level where I can remove myself from the day to day, but am getting close. I guess What I'm trying to say is, think outside the box! look at yourself and your goals from a different perspective / paradigm, and you will start to see the way. Its not going to happen overnight but it will happen if you want it enough. I don't know about you, but I still feel and party like its 1990, even though it hurts like 2020! best of luck.

25. Razzle

Razzle Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $106
    Thank you bruthah!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.