The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Unscripted at 50! What the hell was I thinking?

A post of a ranting nature...

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Working for other people my whole life, and nothing to show for it. Have to get Unscripted asap. If I had these books 30 years ago life would be dfferent. Time to go forward and kick some a$$!
Welcome to the fastlane. Better late than never.

Kade

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 6, 2017
France
This reddit post might inspire you:
Retiring this year after 20 years as an entrepreneur : Entrepreneur
Retiring this year after 20 years as an entrepreneur
renderTimingPixel.png

In August of 2000, at age 46, I launched my first full time successful business and in early 2020, I'll be retiring. In between I launched 3 successful companies, including an 8 figure a year SaaS company which is the leader in its space and opened up a new market sector. For the last 10 years, I've been running a publishing conference business from home and I've found a buyer for my business. (...)

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Working for other people my whole life, and nothing to show for it. Have to get Unscripted asap.
Welcome aboard Razzle. I feel your pain. Our journey is easier said than done, so keep an open mind and reach out to this forum as often as needed. There's so much great knowledge being shared here that it takes a while to digest it all. The GOLD and NOTABLE threads are great places to start. You'll also find recommended books to read to help with your journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the forum !

It's never too late to join the party. Age is only a number... and you've got experience that you can use to turn into a business... this is leverage !

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Welcome to the forum!

What to be thankful for - "you're still here!"
Means, every single day you have time to start again. As @Jeff Noel said, you have experience...use it to your advantage, help people in your field who has less, tell your story and add value to people's lives.

Also, the more important matter is...having a clarity, vision, outlook on how you view life when you said - if you had these books 30 yrs ago, your life would be different.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Don't underestimate experience. Or at least that's what all the experienced people have told me lol.

You already have much more insight into the real world that me. Leverage that. You're already high up. It's just a matter of tweaking mindsets and actions.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
One of the upsides you have over a lot of us younger fastlaners, is a whole bunch of life experience to draw from!

Good to have you here!

Onwards and upwards!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Razzle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 17, 2019
One of the upsides you have over a lot of us younger fastlaners, is a whole bunch of life experience to draw from!

Good to have you here!

Onwards and upwards!
Encouragement from the Land Down Under! What a forum! Going to love this!

Razzle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 17, 2019
Welcome aboard Razzle. I feel your pain. Our journey is easier said than done, so keep an open mind and reach out to this forum as often as needed. There's so much great knowledge being shared here that it takes a while to digest it all. The GOLD and NOTABLE threads are great places to start. You'll also find recommended books to read to help with your journey.
Thanks for the advice! Love the forum already!

Razzle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 17, 2019
Welcome to the forum !

It's never too late to join the party. Age is only a number... and you've got experience that you can use to turn into a business... this is leverage !
Great advice. I have too look at things differently now, Serious self evaluation.

Andreas Thrane

Workaholics aren't heroes
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark
Welcome onboard. I feel sad because i read Unscripted at age 31, started my first business at age 32, but i guess its never too later.

Looking forward to read about your journey.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You can reinvent yourself at any age. 50 is young these days -- you have time to live a whole another life. So, you are changing your paradigm. That takes a great deal of reflection after you have had that jolt of new understanding. Your challenge is to take all those years of experience and repackage them so YOU can use them differently. Take inventory. Listen. Ask questions. Watch. Understand. Explore. Test your new reality. With your new insights, you may be able to just tweak your direction rather making sudden radical changes. Start something on the side within your skill set. See how it goes. What do you need to adjust? What can you do better? What new skills do you need to learn or hire-out to compliment your skill base? It's a long learning curve, so it will have its bumps and bruises. Hang in there!

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
At 44, I feel the same way.. wish I had done this years ago. But my life was different as a housewife.. never even thought about it.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
When I see posts on here from people in their 20's, saying they feel lost and hopeless, I think to myself how lucky they are to be so young!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
At 44, I feel the same way.. wish I had done this years ago. But my life was different as a housewife.. never even thought about it.
This Fastlane path to success didn't even exist when I was young. And women sure didn't excel in most businesses. The doors were slammed closed to us. So, some of us old dogs have had to learn new tricks as the world changed. You're blessed to be ONLY 44.

(At that age, I had just gone back to law school and graduated. My kids were grown and on their own. Oh, and my husband had divorced me. He ran off to Asia and got him a Chinese wife whom he hoped would be more obedient...)

Back to you. You're now old enough to have a treasure chest of good sense that comes with experience. You're not too old to use your skill sets and strike out in a new direction. Good luck and God's speed.

paulyh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 1, 2014
Whistler
Well done Razzle! It is a bit shocking to the system when the veil is lifted and you see an alternative perspective staring you in the the face. For most of us, I think we always suspected there was something hiding behind the curtain but didn't know how to pull it back. Like you I am around that 50 year mark, but have been fortunately mentored by my father in business, and chose to live in a lifestyle focused environment. My passion in life has always been skiing. But rather than getting a job in the ski industry ( which is generaly minimum wage, and is eventually a passion killer ) I started a business that earned enough money to pay for my passions and left lots of free time in the winter to pursue. As time went on and as I focused more energy on it, my business has become mostly fastlane. I'm still working on getting it to a level where I can remove myself from the day to day, but am getting close. I guess What I'm trying to say is, think outside the box! look at yourself and your goals from a different perspective / paradigm, and you will start to see the way. Its not going to happen overnight but it will happen if you want it enough. I don't know about you, but I still feel and party like its 1990, even though it hurts like 2020! best of luck.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Working for other people my whole life, and nothing to show for it. Have to get Unscripted asap. If I had these books 30 years ago life would be dfferent. Time to go forward and kick some a$$!
From one old fart to another, persevere!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
When I see posts on here from people in their 20's, saying they feel lost and hopeless, I think to myself how lucky they are to be so young!
As they say, “Youth is wasted on the young.”

The thing is... people 20 years our senior are saying the same thing about us.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
As they say, “Youth is wasted on the young.”

The thing is... people 20 years our senior are saying the same thing about us.

That's what keeps me motivated and moving forward now.. I don't want to look back in 20 years and ask why I didn't do this sooner.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Have to get Unscripted asap.

That's as simple as identifying as Unscripted . That can happen in an instant. Then your results eventually follow. It's never too late to FREE yourself.

Blimey. I never thought of it like that... but it makes perfect sense.

You’re unscripted the moment you decide to be.

Then you just need the faith/belief that you keep doing the right things and the results will follow.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC
I was thinking the other day:
20 <-- 50 --> 80

The same distance. Remember being 20? How long ago that was? How different were you? Think of all the things you've experienced and learned since then.

The road is longer than you think. You really start counting when you get your ADULT brain in your early 20's. You're in the middle.

Don't let MJ's 'wheelchairs don't fit in Lambos' comments discourage you! =p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...