The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting started at YouTube and my 1/5/10 Plan...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
This is a progress post since joining this forum 2 months ago for accountability. Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks to everyone here for being generally awesome too. I’ve learned a lot in just 2 months.

I’m mostly focused on skill building for where I’m at. I’ve started a YouTube channel and posted 20 videos in the last 2 months and Ive gotten about 1,000 views total which isn’t much but at least it’s some feedback from the market I can use to improve the way I’m doing things. I’m valuing quantity over quality so I’m planning to try out a few videos with more quality. Over time I’m seeing better view numbers and engagement so that’s a good sign the improvements I’m making are working. My niche is skincare for anti-aging and acne combination needs which is a big problem for a lot of people and I feel I can skew value by focusing on non-toxic, vegan, any budget friendly solutions but with just as amazing before and after photos as the other skincare gurus (some of this is for my 1-5 year goals).

Im focused on doing the hard work and not focused on thinking about how hard it will be to grow a YouTube channel and more importantly a business. Im trying to focus on making my 1-5-10 year goals and not short term goals.

Also, I’m generally trying to build the execution skill and money making skill. If I have an idea, I’m either taking a small action or I’m throwing the idea away and moving on.

I have ideas about what to eventually sell from YouTube and what to do to become not reliant 90+% on YouTube which I’m trying to keep in mind and do as soon as possible but I’m not quite sure when. I have a website up but haven’t linked it to YouTube and set it up to gather emails but I’m thinking to do that soon with a skincare PDF freebie download as one idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is a progress post since joining this forum 2 months ago for accountability. Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks to everyone here for being generally awesome too. I’ve learned a lot in just 2 months.

I’m mostly focused on skill building for where I’m at. I’ve started a YouTube channel and posted 20 videos in the last 2 months and Ive gotten about 1,000 views total which isn’t much but at least it’s some feedback from the market I can use to improve the way I’m doing things. I’m valuing quantity over quality so I’m planning to try out a few videos with more quality. Over time I’m seeing better view numbers and engagement so that’s a good sign the improvements I’m making are working. My niche is skincare for anti-aging and acne combination needs which is a big problem for a lot of people and I feel I can skew value by focusing on non-toxic, vegan, any budget friendly solutions but with just as amazing before and after photos as the other skincare gurus (some of this is for my 1-5 year goals).

Im focused on doing the hard work and not focused on thinking about how hard it will be to grow a YouTube channel and more importantly a business. Im trying to focus on making my 1-5-10 year goals and not short term goals.

Also, I’m generally trying to build the execution skill and money making skill. If I have an idea, I’m either taking a small action or I’m throwing the idea away and moving on.

I have ideas about what to eventually sell from YouTube and what to do to become not reliant 90+% on YouTube which I’m trying to keep in mind and do as soon as possible but I’m not quite sure when. I have a website up but haven’t linked it to YouTube and set it up to gather emails but I’m thinking to do that soon with a skincare PDF freebie download as one idea.

I moved your post in the Chat thread to its own thread, feel free to update and post as you like.

Peter Kay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Nov 7, 2019

Accepting to move up the stair is always a good thing. Don't give up. Keep grinding.

cm-devpreneur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Aug 27, 2020
London
Sounds like you've got the right mindset. I like your approach of taking small action on an idea or ditching it. I keep too many ideas on the maybe list, which isn't good

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I moved your post in the Chat thread to its own thread, feel free to update and post as you like.
Thanks so much!
Sounds like you've got the right mindset. I like your approach of taking small action on an idea or ditching it. I keep too many ideas on the maybe list, which isn't good
I appreciate it! Yeah it’s so easy for things to accumulate on a maybe list and then start making it hard to focus
Accepting to move up the stair is always a good thing. Don't give up. Keep grinding.
Thanks! It’s going to be tough that’s for sure but I’m going to keep going. Wishing you well too!
———
Update:
I figured out the number one value for my views so far is that I’m a person that’s used tretinoin, a skincare product, for over a year and can share what I’ve learned (so thats the product they want) so my next 5 videos will focus on that with different sub topics that can be helpful to viewers

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Update: I’m in a new phase where I feel I was really dumb for choosing this idea to take action on compared to other ideas. Its to be expected that I’d have this dip after a few months and I know I just need to get through this and keep going with taking smart action.

I’ve seen posts on the forum about how YouTube is so far from fastlane and I appreciate those comments to keep me aware of the lack of control YouTube has and at the same time I’m not starting a YouTube channel business but a business with a YouTube channel that supports the business. That being said, I need to spend more time figuring out what execution will look like for the next few months to reach my 1 year goal.

Also, I realize my first post used the word “try” 3x so I’m now not using that word any more and switching to more confident words like “going to”. I used to be too confident about my business goals and then I became too passive so I’m trying to find a balance now of being realistic but confident of the outcome.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina

Nice work on 20 videos. Keep pushing and taking action.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Well two weeks just went by and I did basically nothing so I’m fixing what went wrong. I was busy with some stuff so I expected to not have the time to make too much progress but I know I can do better than zero progress in two weeks and have to do better to succeed.

It’s clear now that I don’t have the skill of moving things forward just a bit everyday. I can do it in many other areas of my life but not business. I do a 10 min voice lesson every morning etc. making progress on my goal to be a good singer many years from now but as for business my brain doesn’t get what to do yet.

I listened to a Sylvester Stallone interview where he said he made his apartment sealed from the sunlight when he wrote Rocky so he couldn’t tell if it was day or night so he could write all day and night. Genious lol.

A few things I observed about my behavior for why I’m not making more progress at skill building/execution (and that I’m now not doing as much and will continue to improve on)
1. I’m prioritizing regular life too much (grocery shopping, planning my week, cleaning, organizing my space)
2. I’m executing on the wrong things. For example I’ll plan a video I need to make and I’ll make a completely different video just without thinking and without discipline therefore it’s more of action faking

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I'm still in the same place as my last post pretty much. I'm focusing on the goal of going from 2 months of consistent progress to 3 months of consistent progress and staying in my lane not looking at people who make some super successful complicated startup I can't even start to understand.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I got 2.5k views on a video which is 1.5x my previous max of 1k views so that’s a win personally. I’m working 12-14 hours a day at my slow lane job it’s making my vision blurry but I need to care less about bloodshot eyes and more about my future in 10 years than I have been which is requiring I change my mindset significantly. I’m operating on an every *single* day mindset now and I still made another video today. And I wrote my escape number down and have it visible. As for chipping away at an actual fastlane business I still need to do that

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.