The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FU Money by Dan Lok, must be MJ's twin brother

Rabelo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2017
secunda
Has anyone read the book FU money by Dan Lok, i have recently added it in the top 3 of my favorite books of all time. This guy is pure unscripted on another level

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Has anyone read the book FU money by Dan Lok, i have recently added it in the top 3 of my favorite books of all time. This guy is pure unscripted on another level

Please post a little bit more of a detailed summary of your observations of the book. What are some things that you learned that you didn't already know?

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
I just went through it in bird's eye view.It sounds closer to MJ's books.But hey, no one can beat MJ's books and we all know it.You know why? It is just another wantrepreneur book.It says you to start a business based on what you love! not what market need

Last edited:

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Wait wait wait....

It is your top three book and you've only scanned it over?

Then you compare him to MJ, and at the same time provide an example that is the exact opposite of what MJ talks about.

I'm confused!

tenor (1).gif

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Wait wait wait....

It is your top three book and you've only scanned it over?

Then you compare him to MJ, and at the same time provide an example that is the exact opposite of what MJ talks about.

I'm confused!

View attachment 17841
Lol. Two different posters.

Rabelo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2017
secunda
i did not scan it, i read the book. if you can recall on my last thread i posted here, i asked how much was enough to be at the position of FU,v8bill then suggested i should take a look at his book,v8bill's book focuses on how to double your income and have a taste of freedom without really having millions, my problem ..even thou i read MJs books and this one, i was still searching for a way to define my own FU position....AND FOR THE RECORD @MB2 there's nothing in Dan's book that promotes do what you love, Dan says you must learn to love what you do if it brings money and helps alot of people.

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
I read FU money, and while I think there are some similarities, I found the MJ books so much better. I kind of find Dan Lok a little "gross". It always seems like a sales pitch with that guy. I just don't know how much I buy it. Also calling himself the highest paid consultant, doesn't mean he is. I guess I'm not sure I buy it. I look at his social media, and he barely has any followers for someone so "in demand". Basically no interaction either. When he posts stuff, no one seems to pay attention.

It felt a little fluffy to me.

I will say, I liked a lot of the stuff he said in the book, and I think he was right on a lot of fronts. Unscripted , though, looked like a labor of love and effort.

Just my 2 cents.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Zero interest in the book. I did watch a YouTube video of the guy and he came off as a sleezy salesman.
Isn't one of his books :
Influence: 47 Forbidden Psychological Tactics You Can Use To Motivate, Influence and Persuade Your Prospect.
I've not read it since the title alone puts me off and reeks of manipulation (I may be wrong)

Jordi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 21, 2013
Try more like A̶n̶d̶r̶ Tai Lopez's twin brother...

He is a self-proclaimed "serial entrepreneur" yet you will not find any info online on his numerous businesses.

Apparently, he made all his fortune by teaching marketing. Sounds familiar?

This is taken from Dan's homepage:

DAN LOK’S HIGH-TICKET CLOSER™ CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
When you’re a High-Ticket Closer™, you can close anyone anywhere you are in the world.

Don't know about you.. but to me, that 1st sentence already raised some serious red flags.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I am conflicted on this one...

I did find FU Money to be a reasonable source of information. It told a lot of his backstory coming to Canada from China and being quite poor and basically building himself into the business he is now. There are some great action steps at the end of each chapter that I found valuable as well. Again, the problem lies in that he does not teach you action strategies to actually start generating passive income.

Now with regards to the High Ticket Sales Program. I really like his podcasts. It has good information on client acquisition and earning money you are worth, even as a beginner.

The biggest red flag I've seen with his program is that he says he wants to bring people into his network to do high ticket sales. It would be awesome if you were trained as a part of the company and then paid on whatever structure. Instead Dan wants to charge you $2700 just to get into his program.

It never sat well with me...

And that is my biggest issue with him.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I am conflicted on this one...

The biggest red flag I've seen with his program is that he says he wants to bring people into his network to do high ticket sales.
Isn't this how MLM's work?

Probably read Business of the 21st Century by Robert Kiyosaki too many times...

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Saw a video of his.. my first thoughts were “Holy shit, that’s a terrible haircut... wow he seems like a sketchy, sleazy salesman” but I grew to like him since what he was saying was legit. After watching some more of his videos I’ve come to the determination that he’s somewhere in the middle. He reminds me of Kim Jong Il in a Bentley and a terrible sense of style. But I think he’s a legit enough guy. From what I’ve seen. But I don’t buy expensive seminars from anyone unless I trust the hell out of them.

Last edited:

Anandb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 21, 2017
Hong Kong
I did look him up a bit when he came up on my YT feed.

He's a regurgitator and probably a very good marketer for the financial guru circuit. (considering his extensive and monetizable following).
He also borrows whatever catchphrases he gets from wherever he can and whatever works. For example: "FU Money", "50 billion dollar man", the Tai Lopez-style house tour concept, etc.
As for whether it is useful or not, his stuff could be useful to people (just as no financial guru is typically 100% wrong, and even if they are, their success can be deconstructed to be educational) but I can't really say too many good things about someone of his brand persona with the 'get rich now!!!111' marketing.
tl;dr: buy 'Unscripted ' instead and save yourself the waste of time with the nth guru on the block.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
His ebook about "47 forbidden psychological tactics...." is among one of the best books on copywriting alongside with cashvertising which is mentioned a lot.

Dan is a step above Tai Lopez in terms of sleazy online marketer because he did not get rich selling information. However, I do suspect he is not as rich as he claims to be. Rich but in his own words, not "F*ck you" rich. Its very possible he is in the slow lane, making a million a year spending 900k, go broke once he stops working.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Isn't one of his books :
Influence: 47 Forbidden Psychological Tactics You Can Use To Motivate, Influence and Persuade Your Prospect.
I've not read it since the title alone puts me off and reeks of manipulation (I may be wrong)

Its a very good book and he practices what he preaches. Those sleazy youtube ads are exactly what he is using in his book.....and its working. So props to Dan for at least not hiding anything back.

Patrickg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 20, 2016
Try more like A̶n̶d̶r̶ Tai Lopez's twin brother...

He is a self-proclaimed "serial entrepreneur" yet you will not find any info online on his numerous businesses.

Apparently, he made all his fortune by teaching marketing. Sounds familiar?

This is taken from Dan's homepage:

DAN LOK’S HIGH-TICKET CLOSER™ CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
When you’re a High-Ticket Closer™, you can close anyone anywhere you are in the world.

Don't know about you.. but to me, that 1st sentence already raised some serious red flags.

So cheesy.. it says TM on what the word closer lol

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
His ebook about "47 forbidden psychological tactics...." is among one of the best books on copywriting alongside with cashvertising which is mentioned a lot.

Just curious, have the people who, consider 47 and cashvertising as the best books on copywriting, ever read some of the classics? Like Collier's letter-book, Breakthrough Advertising, Carlton's Kick-a$$ copywriting secrets, How to write a good ad etc? I've never seen any high level direct response copywriter mention those two.

As for Dan Lok, he got started as a direct response copywriter and probably had a few controls under his belt. But he also used to do work for companies that had shitty copy, and all he needed to do was polish it up a bit and boom - he produced results.

For me, he looks like the baby of Victor Pride and a female, Asian entrepreneur. Has some stuff to say, but especially in selling/marketing, there's nothing new under the sun. As others have pointed out in the past, there's more value in seeing what he's doing in order to sell you, than actually buy his courses/products.

Heck, you can get Fred Herman's Keep It Simple Salesman for $9 on iTunes and you'll be transformed. No need for $497 courses and $25k masterminds

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
Just curious, have the people who, consider 47 and cashvertising as the best books on copywriting, ever read some of the classics? Like Collier's letter-book, Breakthrough Advertising, Carlton's Kick-a$$ copywriting secrets, How to write a good ad etc? I've never seen any high level direct response copywriter mention those two.

John Carlton is an underappreciated gem. He and Halbert (whose still free website can teach you more than most current marketing gurus, because most all of them are cribbing off him) are still the real rainmakers.

Cashvertising is a good book because it compacts a lot of information in one place. It's a handy reference book more than anything else. Whitman has obviously taken his lessons to heart, because the book itself is written in that zany over-the-top style that ropes some people in. Like a manic version of Dan Kennedy.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
He's a regurgitator and probably a very good marketer for the financial guru circuit. (considering his extensive and monetizable following).

So cheesy.. it says TM on what the word closer lol

Two guys who are never going to get rich.

If you're more concerned with shit-talking rich guys, you're already done.

This is precisely what I was talking about when I said places like this counter-intuitively draw money naysayers and grumblers.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

If you're more concerned with sh*t-talking rich guys, you're already done.

This is precisely what I was talking about when I said places like this counter-intuitively draw money naysayers and grumblers.
Rich peoplel admire other rich people

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016

As for Dan Lok, he got started as a direct response copywriter and probably had a few controls under his belt. But he also used to do work for companies that had shitty copy, and all he needed to do was polish it up a bit and boom - he produced results.

For me, he looks like the baby of Victor Pride and a female, Asian entrepreneur. Has some stuff to say, but especially in selling/marketing, there's nothing new under the sun. As others have pointed out in the past, there's more value in seeing what he's doing in order to sell you, than actually buy his courses/products.

Heck, you can get Fred Herman's Keep It Simple Salesman for $9 on iTunes and you'll be transformed. No need for $497 courses and $25k masterminds

What's great about Dan's book is that he tells you ALL of the techniques he used to write copy....and he is using it on his audience to buy his courses. Very slick.....For example, you hear about his rough childhood growing up, immigrating from china, divorce, poor, broke, struggling as an entrepeneur....that's a selling point he is using. Everyone loves an underdog story.....

His book is VERY practical with no theory bullshit that comes with a lot of books. I just want to write copy to sell and that I can use really fast, I don't need to know WHY it works.

Fotis

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Feb 26, 2014
What's great about Dan's book is that he tells you ALL of the techniques he used to write copy....and he is using it on his audience to buy his courses. Very slick.....For example, you hear about his rough childhood growing up, immigrating from china, divorce, poor, broke, struggling as an entrepeneur....that's a selling point he is using. Everyone loves an underdog story.....

His book is VERY practical with no theory bullshit that comes with a lot of books. I just want to write copy to sell and that I can use really fast, I don't need to know WHY it works.

I understand where you come from. I'm a copywriting fanboy, so for me, there's a certain charm in discovering more about the art.

Anandb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 21, 2017
Hong Kong

If you're more concerned with sh*t-talking rich guys, you're already done.

I'm not shit-talking him. His marketing is super effective and it works (as others have pointed out).

He does replay some elements that we have already seen though and I just gave examples of that so that's just a fact worth mentioning. It's not a knock on the guy. I wouldn't even knock on Tai Lopez as such because he's smart enough to do what he's doing and be successful (and you can reverse-engineer and learn from their successes)

From a persuasion standpoint, his book could work for copywriting I suppose, especially based on what others on this thread are saying (I've personally not read it).

I don't think his philosophy is as cogently portrayed as say - Kiyosaki's or MJ's, because his focus is on selling to the audience based on the appearance of wealth. And the performance somewhat comes in the way of the actual content at times.

Baku85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 19, 2017
Spain
I bought his HTC course today. He actually mentions the Fastlane book as one of his favourites and says its very similar to FU Money.
are you happy of the results ? this course is pretty expensive.

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
are you happy of the results ? this course is pretty expensive.

No I wasn't happy at all. Learnt a bit from it but I wasn't impressed with it. He's now using all his HTC members to set up a glorified call centre where you work for him and he takes a cut of each deal you close. I think that was his goal with the course, just make more money for himself. If you want to learn how to close go for Jordan Belfort, it's 10 bucks a month I think.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.